Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #249
Banned

OVR: 0
You think that someone who gives this game a ""0" is a troll, but someone who gives it a 10" isn't?

Go back to work at Tiburon.

<<<<<<< Points to the top of the screen and tells Bgamer90 to look at the user score. ARGUMENT OVER.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #250
Banned

I just went to IGN. they gave this piece of trash a "9", and don't allow user ratings. I think there is something sinister going on here. As in ILLEGAL.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #251
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
My opinion and the majority of reviews and when other people say that Madden 13 ISNT the best Madden ever so when that happens, it becomes fact by default.
Majority?

What number of reviews said that Madden 13 isn't the best Madden ever?

And, if they didn't say it, did they just leave it out or did they straight up say "Madden 13 isn't the best Madden ever"?

And no, even then it wouldn't become a "fact". It would just be a popular opinion.

Quote:
Madden 13's gameplay probably has surpassed 2005 but at the same time, thats not saying much because look how long it took them to do so. 13 still has problems gameplay wise and its not even me saying it...its everyone else here who lists all the problems.
Of course Madden 13 has problems. No sports game will ever not have any problems.

Quote:
Now, im not expecting the reviewers to be the same but what I am expecting are the reviews to be fair and impartial. And most importantly, detail the problems in the game. Reviews for 2K5 and 2005 did just that where as I havent seen one review mention the problems for M13. Thats just unacceptable because its false advertising and leading people who purchase the game to believe that it plays perfect on and off the field but thats not the case. There in itself is the problem.
The majority of reviews I've read stated problems with the game. Maybe not in depth but the majority of them haven't been all positive.

Quote:
2K5's gameplay is STILL better to me. The tackling alone is far better. And I have seen A LOT of the same animations in M13. The one that repeats every time is the tackle from behind where the defender's arm is on the ball carrier's back. Happens a LOT. But fair enough, to each his/her own.
Tackling in 2K5 is canned so I would have to disagree. I also haven't seen any of the same tackling animations (since again, tackling in Madden 13 isn't canned). Some tackles may look similar to others depending on the situation but none of them have been exactly the same.

Quote:
If I wasnt ready to move on, I wouldnt havent purchased Madden 13, or 12, or 11 or 10. I'm more than ready, willing and able to move on. The problem is that thus far, Madden 13 isnt worth moving on to.
I never said you weren't ready to move on. I said many others aren't ready to move on.

Also, if you bought Madden 10 and 11 and enjoyed those games, Madden 13 is definitely worth moving on to in terms of gameplay.

Quote:
I understand your point in regards to comparing games from years ago but the difference between other games is that 2K5 was the last football game to go head to head with madden which is why its always compared.
2K8 doesn't count then?

Quote:
In some ways, 13 is better than 2005 but when you go by the overall package, 2005 is better for so many reasons. But like you said, to each his/her own.
I disagree. But yep... it's just our opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #252
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWHORN
I just went to IGN. they gave this piece of trash a "9", and don't allow user ratings. I think there is something sinister going on here. As in ILLEGAL.
For sure. I don't trust IGN.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #253
Banned

<<<<<<< Points to the top of the screen and tells Bgamer90 to look at the user score. ARGUMENT OVER.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #254
Banned

I'm a 2K5 fanboy and even I wouldnt give it a 10. 9/10 but 9.5/10 if you add in Finn's editor. I would rate Madden 13 around a 7 to 8 because CCM is useless to me and since its useless to me, it doesnt matter how good the gameplay is because im not interested in a playing a season. I would definitely rate Madden 12 higher because I can actually play a franchise which for off-line players such as myself, thats the main selling point. Cant play franchise, no point in playing.

In the end, we cant win either way.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #255
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWHORN
You think that someone who gives this game a ""0" is a troll, but someone who gives it a 10" isn't?

A fan who gives the game a perfect 10 is different from a "troll".

How can a fan of a game be a troll of the same game?

Quote:
Go back to work at Tiburon.
lol, so silly. Grow up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #256
Banned

<<<<<<< Points to the top of the screen and tells Bgamer90 to look at the user score. ARGUMENT OVER

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »