Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #553
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Get rid of the Guess Pitch and Guess Location. You can "Guess" in your head.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #554
Rookie

AJinCLE's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

- Improved commentary. Most people agree on this one.
- Stadium updates. Center and right center at Progressive Field are completely outdated. Marlins Park outfield wall is not dark green, it's bright green. Etc.
- I know it'd be hard and almost impossible to do, but when they set out their weekly rosters, if they had the updated player and stadium music automatically with it and it updated as the sounds change.
- Also, one thing that I noticed, is that even though Seattle, Miami, Milwaukee, Houston and Arizona all have retractable roofs, you could only play with the roof open. I'd love to have the choice to play with the roofs open or closed.
- If you could play starting pitcher warm-up music like at real stadiums. You can do it for relievers in "Sounds of the Show," but not starting pitchers.
- Lastly, if they had updated prospects with the weekly rosters. This would make the franchise mode absolutely amazing because you can know who the top prospects are and trade for or play with the top prospects of today in a few years of franchise.

Just my personal opinion and stuff I'd like. But the game is great as it is and I fully intend on purchasing the game next year.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #555
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Hoping to see some upgrades to pitch type and pitch trajectories/movement, especially now that some of the well known guys are using pitches that aren't represented in the game. I would like to see the split-change, shuuto/reverse slider, and the cutter/slider hybrid added as pitch types, and pitches with more movement in general so we can have accurate representations of Felix's change, Brandon League's splitter, Chris Sale's fastball, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #556
Rookie

OVR: 5

An online vault for Sounds of the Show.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #557
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofikedavis
An online vault for Sounds of the Show.
This can not happen due to licensing issues.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #558
Rookie

OVR: 0

The commentary needs to be tweaked if not changed. How about having more of a bantar (see Michael Kay and Paul O'neill).

Have them talk about up coming promotions or talk about the promotions on the day they happen.

I would love to go back to 2003-2004 when they had the national anthem before the game, and put in take me out to the ballgame for the seventh inning.

Opening day and all star game announcements. One of my favorite part of these days is when they announce each players.

Have managers get ejected.
Bring back the brawls

Have the weather play more of a factor (i.e. sweat in the summer)

How about letting us know about a nagging injuries before the game like a hamstring or sore shoulder so we can rest the player or pitcher and use spot starters.

How about fast warm ups so if a pitcher starts to get into trouble the reliever can come in no problem

Have pregames like madden does.

Better animations for walk offs and clinches.

Add champange for clinches

Do a madden esque type of celebration when you win the world series the presentation of the trophy the parade meeting the pres and in franchise mode getting the rings

Less incredible diving catches and more bloopers.

And I think having a Show moments would be cool
Old 09-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #559
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
This can not happen due to licensing issues.
Oh Darn...
Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #560
Banned

OVR: 0

A couple things:

1. They need to add and implement official licenses. Nike, Franklin, Rawlings, ESPN, etc; The more you can get, the better, and I know it isn't too much to ask as every other sports title features official licenses on some level. Be it with apparel and equipment or broadcast presentation. Some titles have both. It's past time.

2. Re-record the commentary completely. Hell, give us an entirely new broadcast team if necessary, but do something. The commentary is lagging behind other aspects of the game, and at this point, has become excruciatingly stale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »