Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #545
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

diving ball practice/ jumping catch practice

These are so rare and almost impossible to time. A practice mode like hitting/pitching would be so cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #546
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
Absolutely needs a closed roof version for those 6 stadiums Tor, Sea, Mil, Hou,Mia,Arz
It's a must for me as well.

I like the idea of having scouting reports instead of usual bars & numbers.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #547
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

for me, its the crowd.

I love baseball, but it's a boring sport. Cerebral...I'll put it that way. The excitement comes in the anticipation of what might happen, and then the rush of the crowd when it does. Though better this year, it's still missing in a big way.

The crowd is a HUGE part of the "action" in baseball...the drama and tension and excitement is from them. Get this right, and this game will be untouchable.

examples:

• When a player gets double or especially a triple, the crowd should be going pretty close to nuts. You should feel an obvious heightening of tension and excitment in them (cheers, chants, etc) when there is a player in scoring position.

• Would like to hear a more consistent building crowd with 2 strikes on a batter. This happens, but is sometimes muted or missing all together. Though the crowd itself is moving and clapping, there is no sound to match.

• Postseason, rivalries, etc should have a much more audible difference. Again, its been improved but needs to be ramped up. Watch some playoff games from last season and it can be deafening at times.

• Homerun and scoring plays have a burst of crowd cheer, but then fades rather quickly. In any stadium the cheers last, and at the very least there is a noticeable buzz left in the crowd for a bit.

• This may be in already, but not that noticeable...slow builds in crowd noise and excitement that grow louder and louder and more frenzied with a sustained rally. Few hits, a bomb, another hit,.,...the crowd should be tasting blood.

• Crowd turns on the team. Getting shelled or playing badly deep in the season, you should hear much less crowd support. Audible boos even for your star players if they are slumping. You have the crowd leaving at times in a blowout, this should also be represented in the audio.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #548
TheHitKingz

dj will's Arena

OVR: 11

As a Sounds of The Show User, I'd like to have the option to be able to have the pre-game song last longer when "Warm-Up Pitches" are enabled. Usually when its disabled the pre game music continues until the the first pitch is about to be thrown, when its enabled the music cuts off before you throw your warm ups.

Another option that would be cool is to have the Starting Pitcher's music replace the pre-game song since the SP is technically on the mound warming up (only when there is one specified for that pitcher)

More Sounds of the Show options such as an option to have up to 3 Home Run songs per team (just like how there is 3 options for Base Hits or Reliever Entrances), option for a Double Play Song and possibility to hear a "pinch hitter's" walk up song (usually when you pinch hit, the person who you replaced has his song play rather than the one who you selected off the bench)

More crowd options, such as cheering for a pitcher, Lets say CC Sabathia is throwing a shutout or a no hitter, and the crowd is in to it, (let's say you have a CC Chant) the chant will be enabled and lets say its the 7th with two outs, the home crowd starts chanting "CC" for the whole at bat.

Additional Franchise Options

*Optional Pre-Game Practice Swings with a player of your choice or the whole line up (this would be beneficial for a player who is on a cold streak)

*When a pitcher get's hit by a line drive, have the manager come out to check on him and make the pitcher throw atleast 5 practice throws to see if he is injured or not

*Have umpires break up mound visits if it takes too long

*Have realistic attendances during rainy games, I understand that I play as the Yankees and technically its always a packed stadium in my home games, but when its rainy there should be empty seats, also have people with umbrellas or ponchos.

*More Alternative Win Celebration Scenes

*When your team as having a big offensive inning, show the opposing team's pitching coach call the bullpen

Last edited by dj will; 08-30-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #549
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

We use a zero for old-time players who didn't have a number.

Why not offer "no number as an option to zero"?

scooter...BigKlu...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 09-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #550
Rookie

ttinker's Arena

OVR: 11
Let me activate a 2010 hitting mode and I'm satisfied. I hate hitting in RttS so much that I stopped playing the 2012 version very quickly (if 2010 didn't lock up on me on the new ps3 slim model, I'd be playing that to this day).

Also guarantee and make transparent somehow that hitting slumps aren't programmed into RttS. They say its not there, but my RttS hitting results beg to differ.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #551
Rookie

OVR: 5

Stop having players on the 40 man automatically come up in September. I have some prospects on the 40 man roster, but that doesn't always mean they're ready for a call up. Have there be a notice "You can now call up players on the 40 man roster" and let us pull up the players we want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #552
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Hopefully we can condense all of these and present them to SCEA when they're ready to start taking feedback for 13.

Gameplay

- I feel like the AI pitcher pitches my pitcher too carefully; I get quite a few walks with my pitcher at the plate, which wouldn't happen in real life. I'm not saying the AI shouldn't try to get a chase on 0-2 or 1-2, but I'd like to see them go after my pitchers with fastballs in the zone more.

- Fielding and throwing needs to have more weight and momentum behind it, especially in the infield. I see too many double plays, especially from the AI batters, and I think this is because of quick little "snap" throws from infielders, which are hard to pull off in reality.

- Another reason for too many AI double plays is that the AI batters don't seem to lay off pitches low in the zone with a man on first.

- Outfielder logic needs to be changed so that they concede more singles instead of making a risky dive. Dives should be saved for players with truly exceptional fielding ratings and/or when the game is on the line.

- Wild pitches need to be worked into the pulse pitching system. This would be controlled by the User Pitch Consistency slider.

- Change the bunting system so that you have a chance to pull it back earlier on a ball.

- Sometimes I cause my player to drag bunt after a really slow curveball comes in, when I actually wanted him to swing.

Rosters

- I know this is unlikely, but I'd LOVE for SCEA to get full player licensing for the minor leagues, especially AAA and AA. If every player in AAA and AA had his name and likeness in each year's game, that would virtually guarantee that any player that gets called up in real life during that season will also be available to you in the game. EA's FIFA has thousands of players, so this is certainly possible.

- Show the players in their teams' uniforms in the player edit screen; in addition to looking better, this would take the guess work out of remembering what your team's "Color 1" "Color 2" and "Color 3" are when doing shoes and gear.

- Add some empty roster slots so that free agents can be signed without swapping a player.

- Any player who has ever been a SCEA licensed player should be in the game, even if they've missed a year (Moyer, Chad Tracy, Manny Corpas, Jeff Clement, etc.)

- I'd love it if some sort of system could be developed for player ratings edits that would calibrate the ratings to the stat yields that player would likely produce over a season with those numbers. So, for example, if a player has:

RC: 87
LC: 63
RP: 56
LP: 52
VIS: 67
DIS: 73

, then the simulation program would give you numbers like : .273 16 HR, 14% K, 9% BB, etc.

- Create/edit managers and coaches
- Necklaces and more catching gear

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »