Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #217
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

whats so official about it? Its what he thinks of the game...The only official review you should care about is yours....
Old 09-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #218
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
whats so official about it? Its what he thinks of the game...The only official review you should care about is yours....
If your reviewing for a magazine, or a MAJOR web site, then that is an official review. It's not some guy in his parents house putting up a facebook status.

And I can't review the game unless I have it. I have to spend money to review the game. Seems a like a catch 22, don't you think? Don't you use reviews to figure out if you want to spend money on it? Are you serious that only each individual can review games? Hard to take you seriously with a post like that.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #219
Banned

Well, I bought this game based on your recommendation.

As far as I am concerned you owe me $60.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #220
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If your reviewing for a magazine, or a MAJOR web site, then that is an official review. It's not some guy in his parents house putting up a facebook status.

And I can't review the game unless I have it. I have to spend money to review the game. Seems a like a catch 22, don't you think? Don't you use reviews to figure out if you want to spend money on it? Are you serious that only each individual can review games? Hard to take you seriously with a post like that.

Exactly, well said.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #221
Rookie

Best Madden Ever gets a 8.5 rating? LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #222
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorton100
Hopefully 2K5 and 2K8 will stop being mentioned on these forums now. Madden 13 puts them out to pasture.....Thank goodness...... : )
I agree in regards to 2K8 but 2K5??? Yeah right.

Metacritic
Xbox 92/100 average

42 critics...all positives, no mixed or negative reviews. Includes a perfect 100 rating by this very site.

PS2 90/100
37 critics...again, all postives, no mixed or negative reviews.

EA/Tiburon/Madden fans may be sick of seeing, hearing and reading about Madden being compared to 2K5 every year but Madden will always be compared to 2K5 because 2K5 is the game that forced EA to buyout everything and challenge nothing. Eight years and a console generation later, EA/Tiburon still cant match let alone surpass 2K5. EA/Tiburon cant even match or surpass 2K5 despite the fact that its been gone for eight years. Hell, if EA/Tiburon cant even surpass 2K5 or currently, its spirit, EA better pay up for that exclusive license because if they dont and if 2K sports gets the NFL license (exclusive or not) 2K15 is going to crush them just like they did a decade earlier.

Quite simply, ESPN NFL 2K5 will never ever be surpassed unless its by Visual Concepts and 2K sports themselves. Its just not going to happen because quite simply, if it was, it would have already. And for those who know about FlyingFinn's 2K5 editor, he did more with 2K5 than EA/Tiburon have done in eight years.

Sad, so sad.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #223
Rookie

I have read several reviews of Madden 13 and have also been playing since the night of release. I cannot help but wonder what EA does to get the generally positive and even glowing reviews it does. The game is playable but is still chock full of problems and in many ways is even a step back. At best this game deserves an average score, maybe 4.5 or 5 out of 10. I would not recommend purchase until at least one or two bug fix updates and even then it is really questionable whether it is worth $60.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 1
i think the people complaining about the complaining need to understand that in many cases the issues offline franchise players have are not based on year-to-year changes. i for one would simply like the options and abilities that were available in career mode for madden in the final game prior to the release of the ps3 and 360. what everybody seems to forget is that the franchise in that version of the game was incredibly deep and customizable (it had stadium creation available without moving a franchise for example, you could build a new stadium for your franchise and not change anything else). EA had promised at the time that they would re-integrate the franchise mode depth that had been installed previously once they got the engine on the new consoles. now here we are 8 years or whatever later, and all they have done is strip down franchise mode even more. anybody that was complaining about franchise mode being stale probably was more likely complaining that franchise mode had never been updated back to what it was on the previous generation of consoles. and, after a long time of hoping, i now believe it never will be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »