Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #209
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
Treq i think what everyone is trying to say is all EA had to do is add the Infinity Engine and leave in Franchise, Player editing, Fantasy draft and ability to control more than 1 team at a time- these things are HUGE to offline players( like myself) Madden is good just seems like this yr its made for more online players than offline!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #210
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
Treq i think what everyone is trying to say is all EA had to do is add the Infinity Engine and leave in Franchise, Player editing, Fantasy draft and ability to control more than 1 team at a time- these things are HUGE to offline players( like myself) Madden is good just seems like this yr its made for more online players than offline!
Then you would have the people saying that they cahnged very little and the game is madden 12.5...it never fails. I used to like the game a lot more before I started perusing these forums...the negativity here is ridiculous
Old 08-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #211
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Everyone complains that "Madden is stale...they really need to change it" or " i feel like i am playing madden12.5"

So then EA changes some things up and people STILL aren't happy because "now I cant find anything", and, my favorite. "Madden is absolutely BROKEN this year"

Madden users are the hardest people to please in all of gaming. just play the game and have fun and enough with all the hand wringing.

I agree.

And then I also have to sit and wait for a patch to make CCM a mode I am pumped to play....playable offline. I am an offline gamer....period.

CCM from respected OS'ers here is not playable in it's current state. It is a complete trainwreck out of the box.

On a positive note EA knows this (probably knew it before release hence why the patch is so quick) and are getting a major patch out quickly to get this all worked out.

I hope the patch takes care of the issues. I love the gameplay and new play by play (the new replays are just superbly bad though) and want to have an immersive multi year CCM going that functions properly with sliders and AI that fucntion just like in Play Now mode. And also hopefully Zoomed cam working in offline CCM.

In Play Now mode the game kicks major ***.....but I am a offline dynasty/franchise player and it is not playable right now. Once EA get's this patch out....the boards will calm down.

People will be to busy playing.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #212
Rookie

I love the franchise mode of games past and I'm returning the game today. I'm not a Madden "stick jockey" who likes to be the QB...I'm terrible at picking the receivers during games and make no bones about it. I liked to play games with "coach" mode to let the QB do his job. Now to play a franchise "aka: connected careers coaching" you are practically required to play practices in order to progress in step with other teams and you have no option for you to do to anything other than play as the QB and select the receivers on every play. In other words, you can't be a good "coach" without being VERY good on the sticks. In fact, ALL games in career mode have no option other than to force you to make all QB throwing decisions. Only the non-career mode games allow you to play in coach mode. Your career is significantly stunted unless you play as the QB picking the receivers on every down. I've already found this game's coaching career mode laborious at best and I could not get out of pre-season before my interest lagged. This game comes across as the developer Stick Jockeys forcing non-stick jockeys to train to become Stick Jockeys. The Coach mode is not much more than enforced Madden boot camp... I become totally frustrated every time I've played the game. If you are like me and don't want to have to control the QB on every stinking down, stay with Madden 12, don't waste your money. I'm actually going back to Madde2 12 myself since it is a more enjoyable game. Madden 13 is for Stick Jockeys only.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #213
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

It would be helpful if reviewers could state that core gameplay modes such as co-op have been removed.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #214
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
It would be helpful if reviewers could state that core gameplay modes such as co-op have been removed.
it may not be important to him ...Thats why you should judge the game for yourself....I take all reviews with a grain of salt....I love the game dont care for offline coop..But you care for it..you have to make up your on mind ...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #215
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Great review. Agree with the score as well.
I agree great review
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #216
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
it may not be important to him ...Thats why you should judge the game for yourself....I take all reviews with a grain of salt....I love the game dont care for offline coop..But you care for it..you have to make up your on mind ...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
If your going to have an official review of the game, you should review the game, not just what's important to you. Otherwise, it's a very incomplete and poor review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »