Home

NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
I'm not much of a Nets fan and I think Joe Johnson is overrated, but their bench is obviously better this year, as is their starting five. However, they'll still be fighting for the 6th seed, as you said.

Also, Philly will be battling for the 2nd-4th seeds with Boston and Indiana. New York will be the 5th seed.
I'm a fan of Philly's current roster, I feel like they got the best out of that trade. I don't see them getting higher than 5th seed but that doesn't mean it is impossible. They have a true upcoming star in Jrue and as you mentioned the best center in the East and league in my opinion in Andrew Bynum.

I still feel that Boston, NY and Indy will have better records but I am not knocking the talent in Philly by any means !
Old 08-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #34
Rookie

Icxikul's Arena

OVR: 0
Ha. The Kings should be on this list. They have Isaiah Thomas as an emerging star and two in the near the future all stars in Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins. You'll see.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenias
I assume you are arguing about the bench because if we compare the starting lineups, it's Brooklyn.
Knicks only adv. is Melo, and that's not exactly a blowout. He got skills but is a proven loser.
Amare is breaking down just like EVERYBODY knew he would when he had surgeries. I can't imagine how far you think he will bounce back after how bad he was last year. Hump owned him.
Tyson may be good at tapping out rebounds and finishing around the hoop, but he isn't on Bropez's level.
Backcourt isn't worth talking about.
Everybody knows that when comparing starting lineups, bad teams can look better than good teams in some way. Minnesota's starting 5 looks better than Chicago's starting 5 but that doesn't mean ANYTHING lol.

It's all about the team as a whole. The NYK team as a whole is better than the Nets as a whole, that's a fact.

By the way, Deron and Johnson might be better than Felton and Shumpert/J.R.smith but let's be honest.. Melo and Ama're are better than Wallace and Humpries.. I don't care how amar'e looked last year, he still put up better numbers than Joe Johnson lol. Seriously tho. Brook Lopez is good offensively but let's face it.. the man can't rebound. He's a legit 7foot and grabs 6 boards? Maybe he can get better this season but to say that he's better than the reigning Defensive player of the year is just ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
Im a homer , but the Sixers blew their team up and I think we may have one of the deeper teams in the NBA. We have the best big man in the East and I am really looking foward to see Bynum on the floor with Jrue and Et and also how he pairs with hawes. Hawes , I cant stand , but I think he will have his best year playing alonside Bynum in his little Mini Pau role.
Yeah I can't wait to see how they use Hawes. I like that kid Lavoy. He has lots of potential and deserves an opportunity to start but I think if used correctly, Hawes can play the role Zach Randolph and David West plays in spreading the floor effectively while giving the All-Star centers room to dominate.

It should be interesting in Philly.

I'm a die hard Knick fan but I am not bias.. I love the game.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouYorkCity
I'm a fan of Philly's current roster, I feel like they got the best out of that trade. I don't see them getting higher than 5th seed but that doesn't mean it is impossible. They have a true upcoming star in Jrue and as you mentioned the best center in the East and league in my opinion in Andrew Bynum.

I still feel that Boston, NY and Indy will have better records but I am not knocking the talent in Philly by any means !
Oops sorry, this reply was half for you and half not haha.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #38
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I really like what Phoenix and Golden State did to their rosters. Denver, not on the list, but another team that should be a blast to use, especially in Association, due to the depth, youth and athleticism.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 17
Come on, Suns will be lucky to be .500 with that squad
Old 08-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouYorkCity
Everybody knows that when comparing starting lineups, bad teams can look better than good teams in some way. Minnesota's starting 5 looks better than Chicago's starting 5 but that doesn't mean ANYTHING lol.

It's all about the team as a whole. The NYK team as a whole is better than the Nets as a whole, that's a fact.

By the way, Deron and Johnson might be better than Felton and Shumpert/J.R.smith but let's be honest.. Melo and Ama're are better than Wallace and Humpries.. I don't care how amar'e looked last year, he still put up better numbers than Joe Johnson lol. Seriously tho. Brook Lopez is good offensively but let's face it.. the man can't rebound. He's a legit 7foot and grabs 6 boards? Maybe he can get better this season but to say that he's better than the reigning Defensive player of the year is just ridiculous.
You kiddin me? Gerald Wallace will shut Melo down 1v1. No need to double team Melo, because we have CRASH. He plays 100% on the court, giving it his all. Stat will get punked by Humphries - did you not see Hump last season? He is an underrated blocker, crashes the boards effectively, improved his midrange shot drastically. What did Stat do? He hit a damn Fire Extinguisher. I haven't heard anything about Stat all last season. He's lethargic now.

Deron Williams and Joe Johnson are going to rip the Knicks apart. It is the Kidd-era all over again ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »