Home

NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouYorkCity
I can't believe how many people are falling into the "Nets" hype lmaoo.

They won 22 games last season and all they did was add Joe Johnson who is coming off his worst season since his 2nd year in the league. Granted Brook Lopez was hurt but he isn't a game changer, i say they win 30 games with him..
and did you actually see their bench!?!? I knew that moving to Brooklyn would gain interest and the new uniforms and the fact that Jay-Z has a lot to do with the team but C'MON seriously !?!?

Minnesota and Phoenix have a better team according to this list, heck even GS has a shot a a better record than BKN.

I hope you Net "fans" don't put to much faith on that team.
How did you come up with that? JJ averaged 18.8 ppg, 3.7 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 0.8 steals and shot 45% and 39% from the field and 3 point range respectively. Not even remotely a bad season and much less his worst since his second year in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
The Nets look a lot better than the Knicks right now, that is certain. Our bench depth is superb. MarShon, Keith Bogans, Mirza (3 point shooter), CJ Watson, Jerry Stackhouse who is a veteran presence. Only weak flaw to our bench has to be Reggie Evans, a little downgrade from Shelden Williams but he is still a good player. It is what it is though and that is your opinion. Nets are taking over the East.
Nets are improved they are probably neck and neck with the Knicks but I think the Knicks will be slightly better. The Knicks will play better defense You think they are taking over the East, how?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
How did you come up with that? JJ averaged 18.8 ppg, 3.7 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 0.8 steals and shot 45% and 39% from the field and 3 point range respectively. Not even remotely a bad season and much less his worst since his second year in the league.
Whoops sorry, I meant his 3rd year when he averaged 16.7pts, 4.4ast 4.7rebs while playing 40mpg.
aside from PPG, he declined.

He is a good player but at 30 years old, i can't see him doing better... I definitely don't think he is the Nets "savior". Sorry.

People may talk about the Knicks but they actually did really good considering the year Amare had and playing more than half the season with no true PG and under a coach who didn't practice defense.

Amar'e dealt with A LOT of off the court issues on top of his back injury but I expect him to bounce back like he has always done throughout his career.

I'm not knocking Brooklyn at all but I honestly feel that they are getting wayyy too much hype. their roster is mediocre at best and they haven't even played one game together yet people have them 2nd-4th in the east..?? No Wayy
Old 08-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
The Nets had Eight season ending injuries( I'm NOT exaggerating I will list the players if you doubt me.) and lost over 200 games to injury. The projected starting lineup from last year Wallace,Lopez and Williams have never played together since the trade for Crash.

We were playing with a roster last year, that most of the players are no longer in the league and/or were D-League players playing becaue of injury. Read that again. No. Longer. In. The. League.

The Nets are going to be better, and be in the 4 - 6 range in the east. Possibly 3rd winning the atlantic depending on how it falls with Boston and the Knicks.
I don't doubt you at all, I know they had injuries but even when healthy, I don't see them as a threat simply because of their depth.

I honestly think that your bench last year was slightly better than this year as of now.,

2011-12..................2012-13
Farmar, Gaines............CJ Watson, Taylor - Toss up (Taylor is unproven)
Morrow, Deshawn..... Brooks, Stackhouse - Toss up
Green, D.James......... Bogans, ??? - 2011-12
Shelden, J.Williams..... Teletovic, Evans - Toss up (depending on how good the rookie is)
J.Petro............................????? - 2011-12

As you can see, they really didn't get better as far as depth. I see the Nets battling for the 6-7th seed honestly.

1.Miami
2.Boston/NY
3.NY/Boston
4.Indiana
5.Philly
6.Chicago/Brooklyn
7.Brooklyn/Chicago
8.Washington/Atlanta/Milwaukee
Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouYorkCity
I don't doubt you at all, I know they had injuries but even when healthy, I don't see them as a threat simply because of their depth.

I honestly think that your bench last year was slightly better than this year as of now.,

2011-12..................2012-13
Farmar, Gaines............CJ Watson, Taylor - Toss up (Taylor is unproven)
Morrow, Deshawn..... Brooks, Stackhouse - Toss up
Green, D.James......... Bogans, ??? - 2011-12
Shelden, J.Williams..... Teletovic, Evans - Toss up (depending on how good the rookie is)
J.Petro............................????? - 2011-12

As you can see, they really didn't get better as far as depth. I see the Nets battling for the 6-7th seed honestly.

1.Miami
2.Boston/NY
3.NY/Boston
4.Indiana
5.Philly
6.Chicago/Brooklyn
7.Brooklyn/Chicago
8.Washington/Atlanta/Milwaukee
I'm not much of a Nets fan and I think Joe Johnson is overrated, but their bench is obviously better this year, as is their starting five. However, they'll still be fighting for the 6th seed, as you said.

Also, Philly will be battling for the 2nd-4th seeds with Boston and Indiana. New York will be the 5th seed.

Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 14
Im a homer , but the Sixers blew their team up and I think we may have one of the deeper teams in the NBA. We have the best big man in the East and I am really looking foward to see Bynum on the floor with Jrue and Et and also how he pairs with hawes. Hawes , I cant stand , but I think he will have his best year playing alonside Bynum in his little Mini Pau role.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:59 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1
I assume you are arguing about the bench because if we compare the starting lineups, it's Brooklyn.
Knicks only adv. is Melo, and that's not exactly a blowout. He got skills but is a proven loser.
Amare is breaking down just like EVERYBODY knew he would when he had surgeries. I can't imagine how far you think he will bounce back after how bad he was last year. Hump owned him.
Tyson may be good at tapping out rebounds and finishing around the hoop, but he isn't on Bropez's level.
Backcourt isn't worth talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenias
I assume you are arguing about the bench because if we compare the starting lineups, it's Brooklyn.
Knicks only adv. is Melo, and that's not exactly a blowout. He got skills but is a proven loser.
Amare is breaking down just like EVERYBODY knew he would when he had surgeries. I can't imagine how far you think he will bounce back after how bad he was last year. Hump owned him.
Tyson may be good at tapping out rebounds and finishing around the hoop, but he isn't on Bropez's level.
Backcourt isn't worth talking about.
Knicks have the frontcourt. Nets have the backcourt.

Should be an interesting rivalry.

Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »