Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 1
The game on the field is great except for spinning players after the play. the commentary is woeful. i spiked the ball to stop the clock and the commentary was that the qb and the rec were not on the same page. after every big run simms says what the big run does is take the will out of the defense. the CCM is also horrible. tough to find the page you want, you can't scout enough players for the draft. players are rated for a scheme and teams cannot change schemes. you can't edit players positions. It just takes too long to go from week to week. i like some of the ideas and control of choosing how players advance, but it needs to really be streamlined. i've been playing madden since floppy disks were actually floppy. this might be my last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
EA did not say they did nothing to line play. They actually said they tweaked and tuned line play this year because an overhaul was not possible right now. Most people agree that the line play is better... Still needs overhauled but it is better than last year.
"Tweaking" line play is the equivalent of doing nothing. Line play has been "tweaked" every year now since what, Madden 05? I don't count "tweaking" as doing something. And short of this review, every opinion I've read of OL/DL play has been negative (ie. same old problems).
Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I've seen the phrase "headed in the right direction" about this game all through this board, and maybe people are optimistic, but I'm sorry, I can't give this title and EA another year off. It's going on 7 years and this franchise has gotten by on it's name alone not it's reputation of a great game. While other sports titles such as The Show, NBA 2K, and FIFA, and even the WWE titles on THQ have flourished, but Madden is still trying to find itself on this gens consoles. Every year we are introduced to new modes and features while previous modes we thought would be built upon have fallen by the waist side.

The people who like this game, more power to them and I'm happy you are enjoying it. For individuals such as myself who demand a better product for the given price tag, I would promote not settling. Because that's how I would have felt if I would have given in and purchased this game. I've been around these boards long enough to know that constant bashing of any title does not result in progression of said title or discussions pertaining that title. I'll speak louder with my wallet, then any words I can ever type on OS.
Very well said bro. Im with ya.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #204
Rookie

After reading about Madden 13 on release day, I was really ready to cancel my preorder. I was going to a midnight release, but did not and waited for the next day. It is so confusing to really know if the game is going to be worth a purchase, when so many people are wanting so many different things from it. Me? I just wanted to play a fun game of football. I am not bashing anyone who doesn't like the game. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I just wanted to give my opinion after playing for a few days. Madden 13 just feels more like football. It flows if that makes sense? I mean don't get me wrong a few things need to be tweaked, but for me it is the best football game of this generation.

I just played BAL vs NE an hour ago, and I had so much fun. I won the game 16-14 on a last second Field Goal. It really felt like I was watching these two teams play. Brady under pressure drives down the field to give the Pats a go ahead touchdown leaving me with 50 seconds left. I throw once to TE and run as fast as I can to sideline, leaving me with one timeout. One more throw over middle and am stopped at one yard line. Timeout and FG for the win. I have had so many close games like this, and it creates the drama we love in sports. At least for me. I say without hesitation this game deserves a 9, IMO.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #205
Rookie

I forgot to add, I went into gamestop to cancel my preorder and they had madden13 hooked up for 360. I played one of the managers, and won with a last second goal line stand. I turned to him, and said "this game is pretty damn good, it is fun". That is how I even purchased it. I am loving it. I hope those who have it have fun playing, after all isn't that what a game should be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #206
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

OVR: 0
I like to play in broadcast view. It looks great, and for me it's easier. And I like to edit player apperances. They FINALLY FINALLY got Soldier Field exact and now I can't do either!!! Unless I want to play games that don't mean anything! EA...F OFF!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #207
Rookie

"there isn’t much that can top the pure ecstasy of sacking the quarterback."

Whatever. I can't stand playing the D-line... it seems so boring to me. I don't think anything is more satisfying than playing a receiver one on one and picking it off.... that takes skill, not just running straight for the QB and swimming around a blocker. I hate the stupid ball hawk feature though... now anybody can get picks and takes the skill out. But playing a FS from the start and jumping routes or getting matched up one on one with a slot receiver and getting picks is much better than getting sacks.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #208
Banned

OVR: 5
Everyone complains that "Madden is stale...they really need to change it" or " i feel like i am playing madden12.5"

So then EA changes some things up and people STILL aren't happy because "now I cant find anything", and, my favorite. "Madden is absolutely BROKEN this year"

Madden users are the hardest people to please in all of gaming. just play the game and have fun and enough with all the hand wringing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »