Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrake
(Restless Rustlings of an "Old Gent") I have been playing Madden Football since its inception Madden 95? (PC DAYS)..... I have enjoyed the gameplay each year with its graphic enhancements etc. However.....tomorrow morning I will be asking for a refund-exchange for MADDEN13. I am an OFFLINE user. Yes...I realize, a 53 year old Dinosaur who enjoys OFFLINE Franchise Mode (Fantasy Drafts...editing players...playing as any of 32 teams) I choose not to play ONLINE. Madden13 as olline gameplay is unuseable (Coach mode is NOT the same as Franchise Mode in Madden12. A lost year of simming an NFL season awaits. As as sidenote....I hope that the the rumors are incorrect.... EA NHL13 has also chosen to drop the traditional Franchise Mode........please "say it aint so.".........

Yeah I believe NHL is calling theirs connected GM. I never knew that guys were so passionate about fantasy draft. I can never do it because guys like t. brady and r. lewis I just can't imagine in another uniform, but I said the same thing about Emmitt Smith too. Im loving madden either way due to the gameplay. Try the NHL demo if you haven't, the gameplay will be worth it I believe.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onac22
Maddens recievers are stupid! Why did I just watch my reciever step out of the way of the ball one side step left the DB runs up and takes it. Other times ball in air reciever doesn't make any corrections but DBs react to ball in air. All those in air fights for the ball are not real. The recievers do not fight or even play the ball at it's highest point. Sick of Maddens crap recievers. If I watch one more on a back shoulder fade in the endzone do the fall backwards feet in animation while the DB just stands there and grabs the ball Ill puke. Recievers do not read ball flight and adjust even a tiny bit at all the ball has to hit them. While Dbs can make in air reads. WHY does MAdden insist recievers are just glorified labradors that cannot think on there own.

Its because you were watching and not controlling your reciever. To get the results you want you have to control the wideouts. Maybe its just me but, the only time I see the CPU compete for a ball is when Im playing against the CPU. On my team, not hardly ever.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #195
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
I need to spend more time with the game, but so far for me, passing is more fun and much better and I'm trying to get the hang of running. Running isn't as pretty as passing, and I've always thought the simple running animations since the next gen Madden was implemented were always weird and blocky looking. It used to be exciting when a runner broke away on ps2, now you wonder when the guy is gonna really sprint. Running animations are a bit robotic. I'm trying to fix settings to make the interface work better for me. Seems to be a lot of button mashing to get to menus I want, and menus are slow to react. This would improve entire experience. I also have never seemed to have gotten the camera views that I loved in the PS2 versions of Madden. For me, a better angle would improve my impressions on running. I feel I have little control initially on a run play because of it, but again, will spend more time with it. I've been a huge Madden fan since inception, and I do have to say that next gen had lost my interest for some time, but this new game is pretty and shows more potential and has me interested again. I used to love editing players as well. I was a huge fan of historic rosters and that has been gone for some time, but the NFL has had a LOT to say about editing current unis and players to EA, like it or not. Other issues with historic player/team editing includes lawsuits from the likes of Jim Brown, so I understand where EA tries to find a middle road. In the end, it's all about what happens on the field, and overall the game plays really well and I'm looking forward to some head to head and work in the lab. As for what I've read in this forum, I'm disappointed in the bashing as opposed to holding off and offering some solid feedback and advice on gameplay settings and setup that would help everyone. I look forward to everyone's feedback after some good lab time of your own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 4
for Madden 13 Update #1:

Please add fantasy draft to the connected career and add the ability to coach your games in connected careers (currently you can coach your games on the exhibition games, but it doesn't work in connected careers) If it has something to do with rankings than make it available only for Private online connected careers. They took both of these options out of last year's game and those are the two main things we do, draft our own teams and coach them.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #197

l8knight1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I need to spend more time with the game, but so far for me, passing is more fun and much better and I'm trying to get the hang of running. Running isn't as pretty as passing, and I've always thought the simple running animations since the next gen Madden was implemented were always weird and blocky looking. It used to be exciting when a runner broke away on ps2, now you wonder when the guy is gonna really sprint. Running animations are a bit robotic. I'm trying to fix settings to make the interface work better for me. Seems to be a lot of button mashing to get to menus I want, and menus are slow to react. This would improve entire experience. I also have never seemed to have gotten the camera views that I loved in the PS2 versions of Madden. For me, a better angle would improve my impressions on running. I feel I have little control initially on a run play because of it, but again, will spend more time with it. I've been a huge Madden fan since inception, and I do have to say that next gen had lost my interest for some time, but this new game is pretty and shows more potential and has me interested again. I used to love editing players as well. I was a huge fan of historic rosters and that has been gone for some time, but the NFL has had a LOT to say about editing current unis and players to EA, like it or not. Other issues with historic player/team editing includes lawsuits from the likes of Jim Brown, so I understand where EA tries to find a middle road. In the end, it's all about what happens on the field, and overall the game plays really well and I'm looking forward to some head to head and work in the lab. As for what I've read in this forum, I'm disappointed in the bashing as opposed to holding off and offering some solid feedback and advice on gameplay settings and setup that would help everyone. I look forward to everyone's feedback after some good lab time of your own.
P.S. Any old Maddenmania guys out there?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 1
The game on the field is fine, but they have completely ruined the offline franchise mode. Why do you take away people's options? I just cannot understand why games feel the need to limit our choices as players and force us to play the game only there way. I wish I had not bought the game, the offline franchise is all I and my friends care about and it is awful. Also, the menu screens are clumsy and awkward. I just do not get why they changed things that were fine. They have never completely restored franchise mode to what it was before the PS3 and 360 came out, and now we have taken an even bigger step backwards.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #199

l8knight1's Arena

I keep hearing the same thing and I am mostly an offline player, so I look forward to seeing what has changed franchise-wise.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 1
WOWWWWW no 2 player franchise/connected careers is really killing this game for me right now...me and my brother can't play together besides exhibition games? FAIL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »