Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #537
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I think the show is as good as it gets and almost perfect to me. The one thing I would change and I don't know if its been mentioned would be to let us import the new players from roster updates into our existing franchises. I'm using Knight's rosters right now but that would be a nice option to have. Also it's way too hard to steal bases on this game in my opinion. I don't mind the commentary that much because after 100 or so games I tend to tune them out anyway.

Last edited by mcseven; 08-29-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #538
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

First, I'm grateful to SCEA that I have to be extremely nitpicky here. I almost feel like a spoiled brat responding to this thread because the game is great and I appreciate the level of quality and authenticity of the product.

1. I would love to have separate pitch speeds for Human and CPU. I enjoy pitching to the CPU using Legend difficulty, pitch speed max. But, since I use BTP view and zone batting, I would love to be able to slow the pitch speed down a notch or two for the CPU so that I can take advantage of the better hit variety I find with the smaller cursor when using Legend hitting. At the moment, I have to use Rookie-All star to compete with pitch speed maxed at 10. Also, if I was able to control the CPU pitch speed separately I could even test out turning off the cursor. I look to achieve being able to play the game and have it still look like I'm just watching the real thing...if that makes sense.

2. I love total broadcast, it definitely takes me there. The only cut scene I could do without is when the pitcher is zoomed in close by the camera for a close-up. I would love to just see it switch over zoomed in like it already does zoomed out a bit. This takes away from the realism a bit...I've never seen the camera zoom in on the pitcher that close and in that way during a real MLB game.

3. I would love a transparency slider control (0-100%) for the zone cursor so i could make less bold. An option for just a standard circle (like seen in '11) would be nice also. But of course If separate CPU pitch speed comes through, I potentially could be able to turn cursor off.

4. I use classic pitching , guess pitch off, pitch/swing info off. I would love the ability to turn off the pitch type/selection icon (offense and defense) and resort to memory or having it written on a piece of paper that I can look at if I had to. I also would love to be able to turn off all the post pitch information but keep the MPH information that is displayed next to the score information at the top...I like seeing how fast the pitch is coming in w/o having to turn on some other clutter. I'm glad I can at least turn off the pitch/swing analysis information. Again, just trying to have it look like a real MLB game...e.g. Broadcast fielding cam with auto fielding works well in achieving this.

5. The commentary is not terrible but could be better. But what is really missing IMO is an organic feel to how they sound...it's like they're not even at the ballpark let alone in the same room with each other. Something with the atmosphere of the commentators and the crowd is off a bit...hard to explain...it just doesn't sound organic.

6. It would be nice to similar angles of the crowd going after foul balls then cutting back to the batter, like in real MLB games on TV. It would be nice to see the crowd move out of the way on fouls straight back like they do on tv even when the net is there...lol

Sorry, if these wishes are shallow. I'm a 35 year old player with a child who still loves to play the game when time allows and I only play single season...I play every game and get to about 100 games into a season before next year's info starts to trickle out...then I get hyped off screenshots and trailers...eventually some gameplay vids...then play the new demo...then delete it...then put my 5$ down payment for the new game...then go back to the current game until the call comes...then go pick up the new one / trade in the old one...rinse and repeat.

Last edited by brrmikey; 08-29-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #539
Rookie

bermcq's Arena

OVR: 5

They should add the option to upload your franchise or season from last year to this year. Every year we have to start are year over and we don't have ouue stats we posted up from last season

These are my custom mlb 12 caps:
http://www.operationsports.com/bermc...m-mlb-12-caps/
PSN: alabamaboy334ALA
Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #540
Rookie

XxLouCatXx's Arena

OVR: 1

Some sort of game face function and expansion teams or the ability to move teams into different divisions etc...would be nice.
NBA: Brooklyn Nets
Old 08-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #541
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Some sort of mode like Madden's Connected Careers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #542
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't want to feel like Im fighting against the system all the time. I don't want to see such large discrepancies between what i'm able to do and what the computer can do.

- Balls hit up the middle are constantly fielded by the computer pitcher, far less often for my pitchers.

- Bloop hits, haven't had one in this game... EVER. Computer has had several in an individual inning.

- More realistic misses by computer pitchers, they rarely ever miss just low on the bottom strike zone line the way I always do, they are either perfectly located like a prime Greg maddux or off by a bit.

- More walks, Im sorry I don't have time to fiddle with setting all day to get a realistic number of walks. I take pitches, work counts, tire guys out in the 6th inning and end up with 1 or 2 walks at the most, some games it's none.

- The way star players are pitched, computer goes aggressively after the star players with perfectly placed sliders it's far more likely to go down 0-2 while batting with Matt Kemp than with AJ Ellis. AROD is almost always down 0-2 on impossible pitches to hit. In real life these players are worked around and can take more walks than scrubs. Not in this game.

I don't give a single F about hand gestures, dugout cut scenes, mascots, or how the grass looks. Improve the realism of the game play and fix the damn wind. These problems have been around for years and while the game gets better it remains amazingly frustrating to play the actual baseball we all want.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #543
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
One main thing for me...

Presentations, presentations, and presentations.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #544
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
One main thing for me...

Presentations, presentations, and presentations.
Yep, I'm extremely satisfied with the gameplay. Only sports game I know that is just almost perfect on that front IMO.

If The Show could ink some kind of deal with the MLB Network or ESPN and hire some new announcers, it would take this game to a new level.

My unrealistic dream though for this game, is to have classic teams like 2k is doing. A slew of classic MLB teams and retro stadiums. And like 2K did making Jordan the prime focus, The Show would do the same with a Ken Griffey Jr cover, and a few of his past teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »