Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
first patch is to be released on Sept.11 no mention yet of what will be in it! My 2 hopes are edit player inside CCM and 2nd and i know wont be in but wish for thinking but Franchise Mode ( i dont care if its stripped down so you can only use 1 team) just give us normal Franchise Mode
This is how it is with madden: strip the game of all its features then release them back into the game as cool new features the next 3-5yrs, wtf!!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Within the running game lies the engine’s beauty. Now more than ever you must pay attention to your blockers, because without them the halfback would just stumble his way through defenders until he falls down. But again, seeing the way the runner bounces of off would-be tacklers has to put a smile on everyone’s face.

During the run game, line interaction is at its best. When running off the right tackle, often times you’ll see a different player interaction. Also, depending on the skill of the defensive end, you could see an impressive swim move that will instantly lead to a loss of yards.

The line interaction has been much improved all around to be sure. The improvements are more noticeable on the defensive side, as pressuring the quarterback seems easier than ever. In the NFL – and in Madden NFL 13 – the quarterback has around 3 to 5 seconds to get rid of the ball; in past Maddens gamers would have drop backs that could last up to 10 seconds. The pressure put on by the defense is an adjustment, but the end result is well worth it.
I read this and dismissed the rest of the review. Line play improved? EA itself said it did nothing on line play this year. And having played the demo, it's as broken as ever.

I guess this guy's seeing what he wants to see.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #179
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by btemp
I read this and dismissed the rest of the review. Line play improved? EA itself said it did nothing on line play this year. And having played the demo, it's as broken as ever.

Exactly and thats whats on these threads all over! People just see different things? Some see it for its fun and beauty but the truth is simple, the game is garbage as a whole(if you have any idea what a nfl football video game should be) Who cares about setting a foundation or adding this or that! Its too late to start making a game thats going to take them 7 more yrs to add in all the things they stripped away in the 1st place lol! New gaming systems will be out in the next few yrs and then what? Repeat the same process for another 7-8yrs!! I cant wait that long lol!!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #180
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:

EA did not say they did nothing to line play. They actually said they tweaked and tuned line play this year because an overhaul was not possible right now. Most people agree that the line play is better... Still needs overhauled but it is better than last year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #181
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:

They did say the tweaked and tuned it.

I'm seeing a difference this year.

1. DT's are not acting like sumo wrestlers and getting to the QB in 1.7 seconds

2. I've seen Julius Peppers and Clay Mathews get sacks this year, didn't see that in Madden 12.

Not overhauled, but I know it's been tuned and tweaked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #182
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by keator
Jets fan nice... I played last night with the 80's kelly green throwbacks and they looked great...
Yea the throwbacks are fire... I'm glad we got those back in the game... I hate the Titans ones lol on another note, I started a CCM as Rex Ryan... Now I stated before how upset I was at not having a franchise, but this mode is pretttttty nice. It's very in depth and I found myself digging deep and trying make my team better with practice instead of bypassing it like I would have in previous versions. Like I said... Still some wonky plays... But line play is dramatically improved if you play with patience and hit holes as I learned. Throwing as well... Patience is a virtue in this game but it'll work. Franchise guys out there... I was like you... What??!! No franchise??!! But really if you really wanted a realistic option CCM is givin it to us. Now once I'm done with my first season (I may play a few more after patches... And stick with the one that feels least wonky) and go through an offseason I'll let you guys know what I really think. I'm more offline than online but right now I can't lie I'm really having a good time with this Madden albeit with its flaws it's the best football game since 2K5 and looking very promising for future games. It's no longer just an updated roster (if they get NCAA draft classes it would be a dream come true) but a solid game as you make adjustments to however you feel comfortable. SDOTIZBAK23 on xbox for whoever wants to friend me. Take care fellas!!! Enjoy football video gaming once again!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #183
Rookie

The gameplay is nice, but if you think connected careers makes the replayability good you are sadly mistaken. I have played every madden since its inception and time spent playing isnt even close to the amount time most of spend on fantasy drafts and building our own team, and importing ncaa rosters to draft real players.

I have never once since we have been able to import rosters drafted a madden class. It's pointless. Why would i want to use fake made up guys when i can get the real guys.

This is the first madden since the day the first one was released that i wont buy the game, i already have a burned version im playing. I'm enjoying the gameplay but i cant even see myself playing this game by the time the real season actually starts. Online gameplay is always horrible, because you have to deal with ******s who want to run the same plays over and over. Which makes winning more than boring. Superstar mode or whatever you want to call it now is pointless. This isnt NBA2k. I want to play with real players no made up fake guys.

I would love to hear one intelligent reason as to why you would remove the fantasy draft. More people play fantasy football every year than even play madden so why would you make the game only good for online players? There is no reason to play this game now if you like to play offline and be "A Real GM/Coach". Fantasy Draft seasons are better than the real teams because the teams are on even playing fields instead having teams who small market big market mismatches like the real thing.

Gameplay = Good
Offline Gameplay = Ruined

If i want to play online for a game it definitely won't be on a console it will be on the computer where real online games are.

EA just lost me and 10 of its original customers. We have already burned the game and are refusing to buy it without fantasy drafts, position editing, and draft class imports.

A real football coach (which i am) would never want to play this. I cant make my own team, control it, and move players to the position they should be in on my defensive scheme. Why would i want to play someone elses scheme. When i am coach and run my own?

Sad day for madden lovers
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #184
Banned

Greatest madden ever. the defensive sacks are not unrealistic. quit whining and learn to play the game. Fact quit complaining. go back to NCAA if you suck that bad. NCAA is garbage. and if your mediocre go play that arcade fake NCAA game. Madden is where it's at. NcAA is ok but not enough to keep me playing all year round like madden will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »