Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrooklynBaller
So I went out and got it... Just finished my first game with my Jets against the Dolphins...7min qtr, no accelerated clock, All-Pro settings, Slow and speed threshold at 35. I gotta say one thing... I actually had fun playing Madden for the 1st time in a long time. I mean I seen some wonky stuff... But nothing to damper the mood of the game. It was a 34-9 win on my part and it was enjoyable. I didn't see any issues with running the ball... I had 106 yards rushing... Passing was pin point and I had 200 yards with Sanchez, although I saw a lot of drops... It happens... Defense was smooth I had a few sacks and a user pick. I also ran a KR back with McKnight which was rare in M12. So far so good, hope with a few patches they fix some things... Only disappointment is no regular Franchise mode which is my fav mode. Gonna keep messing with it and get a good slider set. Most fun I had in a football game since 2K5 and I'm a huge 2K5 fan and supporter.
Finally a fair assement of the game I can agree with. Something positive and optimistic. Yes the game has some issues but jeez try to have some fun people
Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #170
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
first patch is to be released on Sept.11 no mention yet of what will be in it! My 2 hopes are edit player inside CCM and 2nd and i know wont be in but wish for thinking but Franchise Mode ( i dont care if its stripped down so you can only use 1 team) just give us normal Franchise Mode
Old 08-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrooklynBaller
So I went out and got it... Just finished my first game with my Jets against the Dolphins...7min qtr, no accelerated clock, All-Pro settings, Slow and speed threshold at 35. I gotta say one thing... I actually had fun playing Madden for the 1st time in a long time. I mean I seen some wonky stuff... But nothing to damper the mood of the game. It was a 34-9 win on my part and it was enjoyable. I didn't see any issues with running the ball... I had 106 yards rushing... Passing was pin point and I had 200 yards with Sanchez, although I saw a lot of drops... It happens... Defense was smooth I had a few sacks and a user pick. I also ran a KR back with McKnight which was rare in M12. So far so good, hope with a few patches they fix some things... Only disappointment is no regular Franchise mode which is my fav mode. Gonna keep messing with it and get a good slider set. Most fun I had in a football game since 2K5 and I'm a huge 2K5 fan and supporter.

Jets fan nice... I played last night with the 80's kelly green throwbacks and they looked great...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #172
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottieottiedop
I'm loving M13 so far. Played 3 online games, and the passing was on point, the rushing is realistic and the defense is behaves normally and the Infinity Engine brings it all together. I haven't played any other mode, but I feel the gameplay is the cake and everything else is the icing.

I think you should have said that the running is fun , but not realisitc. Its great that you are enjoying the game, as I did Madden 12 and hopefully 13, but the game is not realistic.

One day hopefully it will be
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 3
I can only tell from playing the demo (in Germany the game comes out tomorrow)

- a left footed kicker kicks with the right foot during his warm up routine (Akers)
- 49ers playing a 4-4-4 in the official line-ups (Defense)
- Coaches don't have headsets and all look like bodybuilders

I really love the new feel of the game overall. I played the demo with a slider set and it was really nice to see that I couldn't just air it out with Smith, Flynn and Griffin. Smith, Flynn and Griffin were ok in the short range passing but if I threw the ball deep with them it was always dangerous and often ended in INT. Running game was very nice with sometimes having a 10+ run but in most cases the defense hold me to smaller gain which is alright because all teams in the demo have a good defense.

The AI really makes you word for your points. If you not concentrated you have a good drive till the redzone - get lazy and throw an INT.

I even lost about 2 games which was sensational to me because usually I never lost a game in Madden before :-)

The catching animations this year are really feelable and seeable. The interaction if a WR goes in the air to catch a ball and DB's is really nice. The DB's really go for the ball and strip him/punch him out of the hands of the WR.

Some improvements of course would be very nice. The running animations still don't look right and it basically looks the same - doesn't matter if sprinting or not - I never saw the difference in the player animations. I couldn't tell if a player is sprinting or not. Also the juke moves are done at the same speed as a defender sprinting to you. That is not right.

Defensive lineman unfortunately also still get suckered in into blocks. At times it looks like the defensive line man is on a clear path to the QB and all the sudden the Guard comes from right side and the DL gets sucked into his block even though physically all the OL could do would give him probably a little push.

From what I've heard from the retail version please let us at least change the appearances of players, positions and their numbers. If ratings are not editable for whatever reason alright but please let us change the appearances, positions and the numbers that shouldn't do anything bad to the game.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #174
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
Maddens recievers are stupid! Why did I just watch my reciever step out of the way of the ball one side step left the DB runs up and takes it. Other times ball in air reciever doesn't make any corrections but DBs react to ball in air. All those in air fights for the ball are not real. The recievers do not fight or even play the ball at it's highest point. Sick of Maddens crap recievers. If I watch one more on a back shoulder fade in the endzone do the fall backwards feet in animation while the DB just stands there and grabs the ball Ill puke. Recievers do not read ball flight and adjust even a tiny bit at all the ball has to hit them. While Dbs can make in air reads. WHY does MAdden insist recievers are just glorified labradors that cannot think on there own.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 0
I must say, that the game is a great upgrade from previous Madden games. My Steelers defense is just off the chart. I enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #176
Rookie

TheBMarshall15's Arena

OVR: 6
You know i've gotta say i've been back and forth between this game being god awful and being pretty enjoyable at times. I've come to a final conclusion though with this game after playing ea season ticket all weekend and after buying the retail disc version...the game just keeps you wanting to play it because no two plays are the same. the infinity engine is odd at times but never in a way that makes u just drop the sticks ya know? im in 5 online connected careers, one offline career, and im really engrossed in the depth of ultimate team right now. all in all the game is just plain out FUN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »