Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hopefully 2K5 and 2K8 will stop being mentioned on these forums now. Madden 13 puts them out to pasture.....Thank goodness...... : )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #162
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorton100
Hopefully 2K5 and 2K8 will stop being mentioned on these forums now. Madden 13 puts them out to pasture.....Thank goodness...... : )

Really?? I find that hard to believe. Especially with a glaring DB glitch that's got a lot of ppl up in arms
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Gone are the days of ........ as well as the ability to do a fantasy draft. But the subtraction of those takes away absolutely nothing from the game in my mind."

This statement by the reviewer is mind numbing. You choose a philosophy of winning football and implement it through this mode. You test your philosophy against the AI or other live players. The knowledge of what it takes to build a winning football franchise instead of "Y button, LT, Y button, A, A, X".

In your mind, huh, Dustin.

WOW.

With the typos in the article and that statement right there .. you should be disqualified from reviewing 3DS games much less the biggest sports game release of the year.

This isn't so much Dustin's fault as it is the management of this site.

This is Madden. You can't assign a guy like this to review a release of this stature.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #164
Rookie

spottieottiedop's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm loving M13 so far. Played 3 online games, and the passing was on point, the rushing is realistic and the defense is behaves normally and the Infinity Engine brings it all together. I haven't played any other mode, but I feel the gameplay is the cake and everything else is the icing.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #165
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
I"m enjoying it -- first Madden game I have liked in a while. While I play Dynasty in NCAA Football, I've always just played exhibitions in Madden so the lack of other game modes doesn't bother me. I got the PS3 version and I think the graphics look pretty good -- except the coaches with their weird bodies. By no means is this game perfect but I feel like I can finally have some fun with this game. The last few years it has seemed like I had to force myself to finish a game and the presentation in Madden 12 was SO BAD that I couldn't take it. Now, it's better than tolerable so that's a step in the right direction. So glad I traded in Madden 12 earlier this year and used that money to "upgrade" to this year's edition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #166
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
Just got the game. I like the direction it is going. the physics engine is awesome, though it is the first interation of it. You can't deny that we all wanted this years ago, but now we have version 1. I am just glad to see the push to do it.

The presentation has taken a great step forward. Josh Looman and the team are on the right path. I have wanted this since I moved off of the ps2.

The commentary is ok, but VERY generic. I love that they added legends, but why can't i put them in FA for the computer in CC?

Excellent game though requires less closed doors. no editing, no multiplayer offline CC, game face requires the internet, game face can only be one per account, no creating players, just ONE and you have to control them.

Great step in the right direction. This is what I want in a game. If next year it goes off the rails again, I am done. But Josh Looman said this is the direction for the next 10 years. More then anyone at EA, I trust him with this.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #167
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

I have to admit I was worried bad from reading what people said here on the forums. Then I went to Game Stop to pick my game up early. Began playing the in store Madden 13 and it had graphics problems which really turned me off to the game. Still bought the game.

Got the game home and began playing it. None of the issues that people complained about on the boards were glaring issues to me. The graphics issues I saw while at Game Stop were apparently from their disc or PS3. My game doesn't have those issues.

Overall I am really happy and see myself playing this game for a very long time. I think it will be in my video game rotation for the next year.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #168
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

OVR: 9
Bottom Line
Madden NFL 13 is the best Madden ever made. This is a must buy for any sports gaming fan out there.

Are you kidding me. Don't forget, Madden has been around for longer than 5 years. It is one of the best that has been made, I'll agree there, but, this game has so many things that could be fixed, and added, if EA does add/fix half of those things in future games, then you have an argument.. I will be honest though and can say that for the first time in a while, there is no extra stuff that ruins the game, they didn't try to hard on this one like previous ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »