Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #153
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I was also upset about not being to edit players. Then I thought how, in every sports game, I usually abuse editing and being able to edit players also killed little things like scouting and the draft. Why would I care about the draft or scouting when I could just edit my players later? I think not being able to just edit your players and give them whatever rating you want adds a challenge. So instead of screaming bloody murder im going to accept the challenge.

The thing with me why editing is such a big deal....is because I don't want to play that aspect of the game(Be a GM..RPG stat points)

I get nearly all my enjoyment from the game seeing the Players on the field looking and Playing as authentic as possible on virtual gamedays....

The problem is there are many areas that I feel EA screws up with the ratings/schemes/depth charts that it spill out onto the field where it forces me to take notice

Having the ability to edit allows me to correct things and get back to playing the game on the field

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #154
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
The thing with me why editing is such a big deal....is because I don't want to play that aspect of the game(Be a GM..RPG stat points)

I get nearly all my enjoyment from the game seeing the Players on the field looking and Playing as authentic as possible on virtual gamedays....

The problem is there are many areas that I feel EA screws up with the ratings/schemes/depth charts that it spill out onto the field where it forces me to take notice

Having the ability to edit allows me to correct things and get back to playing the game on the field
I do agree with the bolded
Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #155
Rookie

radney's Arena

OVR: 0
Can somebody explain how do you play season games while using multiple teams, if at all possible. I like taking 1 team from each division and playing it in franchise mode. But being there isn't a franchise mode, how can I accomplish this? I don't want to play as an individual player, I want to use the whole team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #156
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
The best Madden to date
Old 08-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #157
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
Radney you are NOT able to- which is extremly frustrating to me also! im hoping- no praying that they will use this feedback and have it in a patch- this 1st patch should be a big one with all the issues!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 2
Funny how every year it is "the best Madden to date" upon release. Give it a month for the reality to set in. I hope you're right, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I'll be purchasing Friday. Hopefully they'll patch major issues soon. Fingers crossed...
Old 08-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 0
The fact that you need a patch this early says a lot tho. Yes patches are good but I can't see one coming until like a month from now. Hopefully that will change my mind.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #160
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
So I went out and got it... Just finished my first game with my Jets against the Dolphins...7min qtr, no accelerated clock, All-Pro settings, Slow and speed threshold at 35. I gotta say one thing... I actually had fun playing Madden for the 1st time in a long time. I mean I seen some wonky stuff... But nothing to damper the mood of the game. It was a 34-9 win on my part and it was enjoyable. I didn't see any issues with running the ball... I had 106 yards rushing... Passing was pin point and I had 200 yards with Sanchez, although I saw a lot of drops... It happens... Defense was smooth I had a few sacks and a user pick. I also ran a KR back with McKnight which was rare in M12. So far so good, hope with a few patches they fix some things... Only disappointment is no regular Franchise mode which is my fav mode. Gonna keep messing with it and get a good slider set. Most fun I had in a football game since 2K5 and I'm a huge 2K5 fan and supporter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »