Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #145
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
I have 3 negatives that will make me return this game and be glad that NHL comes out in 2 wks.
A. Dont like the new Connect career- i want my old Franchise back so i can control multiple teams
B. Cant edit players one you start Connect Career and cant even put that player in new position ( example cant put LT at LG)
3. CPU trading is awful this yr- tried to trade with the Steelers ( i was Bengals) They needed a ROLB so i offered them mine whos a 87overall for a backup MLB 68overall and they declined it!

Anyways with as long as Madden has been out for the new consoles and as much EA takes from us every year i wouldnt expect a step backwards they have had time to make this right and its sad that they dont-probably reason why they will NEVER pass such great sports games like NBA2K series and MLB the Show series- unfort for us they just dont care bout the consumer! and im tired of hearing bout 3 yr plans! Truly hope next yrs is alot better cause im a HUGE football fan.
Hope you guys enjoy just not for me
Peace!
I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing.

What were the contracts looking like? Was the higher rated LB making a lot more than the lower rated guy? How old were each player? Was the MLB a high draft pick or prospect early in his career?

You don't typically see player for player trades in the NFL for various reasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #146
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Does anyone know if they are planning on patching in the ability to edit players is CCM?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
To me the real test is Madden 14 and that's the one I'm waiting for. If they can bring back all the lost features and polish the ones they have now with reworked line play, then for once EA will deliver on a real plan for Madden instead of continuing to wander in the desert of half-baked gimmicks.

So this 8.5 will hopefully be well deserved next year.
Great so we have to wait for another year of terrible madden to finally get a real version..
Old 08-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #148
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
I have 3 negatives that will make me return this game and be glad that NHL comes out in 2 wks.
A. Dont like the new Connect career- i want my old Franchise back so i can control multiple teams
B. Cant edit players one you start Connect Career and cant even put that player in new position ( example cant put LT at LG)
3. CPU trading is awful this yr- tried to trade with the Steelers ( i was Bengals) They needed a ROLB so i offered them mine whos a 87overall for a backup MLB 68overall and they declined it!

Anyways with as long as Madden has been out for the new consoles and as much EA takes from us every year i wouldnt expect a step backwards they have had time to make this right and its sad that they dont-probably reason why they will NEVER pass such great sports games like NBA2K series and MLB the Show series- unfort for us they just dont care bout the consumer! and im tired of hearing bout 3 yr plans! Truly hope next yrs is alot better cause im a HUGE football fan.
Hope you guys enjoy just not for me
Peace!
I like how they made a big deal about having ton of screens. the home screen has everything but of course they include tabs across the top with the same menus on the home screen. what a waste of time and energy. I completely agree with you, the hype factor was way too much and its what i based my purchase on and i regret it. CCM is terrible and doesnt let you do anything you want even when their selling point was giving the user control of them playing the game the way they want...big EFFIN LIE! he reason you cant edit a single thing in the game is cuz all the stupid twitter feeds that have been scripted for the whole game. Players are traded to the same teams no matter what cuz if they werent the twitter feeds would be shot to hell and ea doesnt want their cover to be blown that they have created a scripted franchise and superstar mode as they pass it off as giving the user total control of their careers. they argue that they are intertwined this year when in fact all they did was place both under when menu.I am very disappointed with this years madden.I have been looking forward to this game for a year following every update. this game has really gone downhill when they began focusing on the "casual" gamer. NBA2K is a difficult game to learn yet I come back for it every year because it portrays realism.Madden physics engine is awesome and the game would have been perfect if it still had franchise mode and superstar mode separate with player editing still available and ncaa importing enabled=greatest madden ever..I dont even play all the team builder bs or play online cuz i can care less about [playing with people who onside kick every kickoff or run the same play everytime and I definately dont wana be using a team with random players from different teams on it...if i wana do that ill play fantasy football..WTF EA
Old 08-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #149
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenfan2324
Great so we have to wait for another year of terrible madden to finally get a real version..
This Madden isnt that terrible. Its good but not great and if some of you have been waiting for years for a good Madden you might as well move on in my opinion. If you cant see some good to at least play the game I dont see the point in waiting. You have All Pro 2k8 and NFL 2k5, so why wait?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenfan2324
I like how they made a big deal about having ton of screens. the home screen has everything but of course they include tabs across the top with the same menus on the home screen. what a waste of time and energy. I completely agree with you, the hype factor was way too much and its what i based my purchase on and i regret it. CCM is terrible and doesnt let you do anything you want even when their selling point was giving the user control of them playing the game the way they want...big EFFIN LIE! he reason you cant edit a single thing in the game is cuz all the stupid twitter feeds that have been scripted for the whole game. Players are traded to the same teams no matter what cuz if they werent the twitter feeds would be shot to hell and ea doesnt want their cover to be blown that they have created a scripted franchise and superstar mode as they pass it off as giving the user total control of their careers. they argue that they are intertwined this year when in fact all they did was place both under when menu.I am very disappointed with this years madden.I have been looking forward to this game for a year following every update. this game has really gone downhill when they began focusing on the "casual" gamer. NBA2K is a difficult game to learn yet I come back for it every year because it portrays realism.Madden physics engine is awesome and the game would have been perfect if it still had franchise mode and superstar mode separate with player editing still available and ncaa importing enabled=greatest madden ever..I dont even play all the team builder bs or play online cuz i can care less about [playing with people who onside kick every kickoff or run the same play everytime and I definately dont wana be using a team with random players from different teams on it...if i wana do that ill play fantasy football..WTF EA
Good post. CCM coach off-line and the news feeds would've been my reason to get it. I like feeling like im in my own football world. So glad I rented it. Fun but limited. I can't even adjust the sliders in ccm coach.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #151
Banned

I was also upset about not being to edit players. Then I thought how, in every sports game, I usually abuse editing and being able to edit players also killed little things like scouting and the draft. Why would I care about the draft or scouting when I could just edit my players later? I think not being able to just edit your players and give them whatever rating you want adds a challenge. So instead of screaming bloody murder im going to accept the challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #152
Banned

assclown25's Arena

dorian to get back to what you asked the age diff was 28 and 22 the contract diff was roughly 2mill and i the LB from Pitt was a 3rd round choice and i even offered them a 3rd rounder and they still declined! Doesnt make much sense-and im fine with not being able to edit a player once inside ( stupid CCM) but we should at least be able to switch their equipment and position i dont care bout ratings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »