Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjJunior
I don't care about franchise, ccm, editing equipment, adding new cleat colors, halftime shows, or any other window dressing. On the field in between the lines is the primary concern for me. I just play exhibition games all day, if I want a different expirence, I play Max Payne or something. Never get the hang up folks have with game modes. I suppose Im easy to please.
You pay $60 to play exhibition? Going by the reviews, I'm so glad that I am renting it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #122
Rookie

Bleak5170's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
The review doesn't mention any of the bugs being reported...most notably the depth chart bug in CCM or the DB play-action bug or CPU AI at end of games not going for the tie/win...hopefully that means these things were ironed out for the retail release even though they were in the season pass release?
Wow. I was actually stoked for Madden this year, (after taking a hiatus for a few seasons), but the game has some serious issues with major bugs and features which have been completely removed. And you mentioned none of this! 8.5 for a game which is kind of broken in so many ways? I don't get it.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #123
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
What do I think of Madden 13? The quirky and robotic animations are reason no. 1 why I won't buy Madden for the seventh straight year now...
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Totally agree... this is what it boils down too...you can go into MLB The Show, NBA 2k forums,etc,etc and you will ALWAYS see the nitpicking from certain individuals. We gotta keep in mind in this world we live in that we are not all the same in rational thinking... some people are super picky, some are very selfish....some are just down right mean and others are just too damn judgmental and expect perfection...that is life and that is how some people are.

When it comes to the NFL in America... a LOT of people love the sport with all their heart..so i can understand why some want this and that to be in the game...i love NFL Football with all my heart too! I just happen to be one of those more rational, more understanding and more forgiving when it comes to video games because i know damn well that there will NEVER EVER be a video game that produces AI Logic that is on the level of human intelligence and that will satisify all my expectations..i never played a game that did that for me to this day and i am a die hard gamer that's been gaming for over 28 years. I some times see people in here expecting a perfect playing game of football and that just flat out baffles me and quite frankly..its hilarious but again..we are all different folks and we all want the game to suit our personal preferences. There are things i wish that were in the game that are not int his years game..there are things that i wish that were not in this years game that are...but at the end of the day..i look at Madden 13 for what it is and that is it is one heck of an improvement over any madden this generation..period. So i cant sit here and whine and cry like a baby because some things are missing or some AI logic does not act like it should in real life scenarios...that's just silly and i don't got time to sit around and dissect a damn video game because i am too much of a gamer that just wants to play a fun and exciting NFL Football video game and Madden 13 finally delivered that......regardless of its downfalls and bugs and some faults in its Logic.

Some of you guys need to examine yourselves, sit back and really think what you expect in a video game..some of you peeps are just totally irrational about it..i can only imagine how you deal with other things in life...no wait..i rather not imagine that lol but i have a good idea what kind of people some of these people are when it comes to life's problems and issues and when things do not go their way....i am just glad that i turned out to be a type of gamer that accepts the fact that no video game will ever match human logic 1:1....especially in a complicated sport like NFL Football...its a complicated sport and to sit and bash the game is down right selfish after the nice turnaround we got this year.

I give props to EA and they should be "PROUD" of their product this year regardless of its bugs and glitches and shortcomings. They put in work this year finally and when i see people put in effort..there is absolutely no way in hell i am going to overlook that and give them a hard time and not give them praise for their efforts...that's just not how i roll, i have a genuine respect when is see developers do all they can to make the game feel "fresh" again and try to make the game fun and exciting finally...and they done that but most imporrtant of it all is that they listen to us and take our suggestions and use them..there are not many developers that do this..some of you guys cant appreciate that?...Thats wrong..just wrong... I would feel too selfish to bash them..i simply cant see how some of you just are so rude and disrespectful towards the effort put into Madden 13 this year...personally i find it very selfish and mean.

I am not saying we shouldn't point out bugs, flaws,etc and discuss constructive criticism..that is what WE NEED and there is nothing wrong with being a bit upset about things that are bugged or missing..i am upset there is no half time show..i am upset that zoom cam is too low, upset with some AI logic that's not the way i wish it could be,etc..but the positives outweigh the negatives and that is how i look at games, people, life, etc...maybe some of you guys should try it..you will live life much happier and the best part of it all...you will begin to enjoy gaming in a way you never knew you could....you are truly missing out.

This is what some of you guys do..the split second you get the game..you put it under the microscope and dissect the game searching for bugs and flaws and bad AI Logic...you put yourself in a habit that is keeping you from enjoying video games for what they are...i feel sorry for some of you...it's gotta suck to be that way. Sure past madden's were dull and unexciting..i will admit that..but this year is different and that needs to be recognized.
I appreciate what your saying because it was well thought out but I have to share a random post I read which is also true.

" If you're happy with the game then great - lucky you - but please don't dismiss others who aren't and categorise them as whiners or serial complainers. When a feature/gameplay mode that they've been using for the last x amount of years is removed it can be very frustrating."

Peace
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 4
The OL/DL play is exactly the same. I've played 10 games of it so far and have noticed nothing different from any other year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #126
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
The consensus from what I'm reading is that the retail version of the game isn't that much better, the changes aren't apparent and the options in CCM derail most of the fun. So I went from 50/50 to about 25/75... I'm still reading everyone's comments but damn so far it's not looking good for a football game this year.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #127
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
You pay $60 to play exhibition? Going by the reviews, I'm so glad that I am renting it.
I think you need to take some of your own advice, though, don't you agree?

If you like the game, lucky you and just leave it at that.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #128
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Totally agree... this is what it boils down too...you can go into MLB The Show, NBA 2k forums,etc,etc and you will ALWAYS see the nitpicking from certain individuals. We gotta keep in mind in this world we live in that we are not all the same in rational thinking... some people are super picky, some are very selfish....some are just down right mean and others are just too damn judgmental and expect perfection...that is life and that is how some people are.

When it comes to the NFL in America... a LOT of people love the sport with all their heart..so i can understand why some want this and that to be in the game...i love NFL Football with all my heart too! I just happen to be one of those more rational, more understanding and more forgiving when it comes to video games because i know damn well that there will NEVER EVER be a video game that produces AI Logic that is on the level of human intelligence and that will satisify all my expectations..i never played a game that did that for me to this day and i am a die hard gamer that's been gaming for over 28 years. I some times see people in here expecting a perfect playing game of football and that just flat out baffles me and quite frankly..its hilarious but again..we are all different folks and we all want the game to suit our personal preferences. There are things i wish that were in the game that are not int his years game..there are things that i wish that were not in this years game that are...but at the end of the day..i look at Madden 13 for what it is and that is it is one heck of an improvement over any madden this generation..period. So i cant sit here and whine and cry like a baby because some things are missing or some AI logic does not act like it should in real life scenarios...that's just silly and i don't got time to sit around and dissect a damn video game because i am too much of a gamer that just wants to play a fun and exciting NFL Football video game and Madden 13 finally delivered that......regardless of its downfalls and bugs and some faults in its Logic.

Some of you guys need to examine yourselves, sit back and really think what you expect in a video game..some of you peeps are just totally irrational about it..i can only imagine how you deal with other things in life...no wait..i rather not imagine that lol but i have a good idea what kind of people some of these people are when it comes to life's problems and issues and when things do not go their way....i am just glad that i turned out to be a type of gamer that accepts the fact that no video game will ever match human logic 1:1....especially in a complicated sport like NFL Football...its a complicated sport and to sit and bash the game is down right selfish after the nice turnaround we got this year.

I give props to EA and they should be "PROUD" of their product this year regardless of its bugs and glitches and shortcomings. They put in work this year finally and when i see people put in effort..there is absolutely no way in hell i am going to overlook that and give them a hard time and not give them praise for their efforts...that's just not how i roll, i have a genuine respect when is see developers do all they can to make the game feel "fresh" again and try to make the game fun and exciting finally...and they done that but most imporrtant of it all is that they listen to us and take our suggestions and use them..there are not many developers that do this..some of you guys cant appreciate that?...Thats wrong..just wrong... I would feel too selfish to bash them..i simply cant see how some of you just are so rude and disrespectful towards the effort put into Madden 13 this year...personally i find it very selfish and mean.

I am not saying we shouldn't point out bugs, flaws,etc and discuss constructive criticism..that is what WE NEED and there is nothing wrong with being a bit upset about things that are bugged or missing..i am upset there is no half time show..i am upset that zoom cam is too low, upset with some AI logic that's not the way i wish it could be,etc..but the positives outweigh the negatives and that is how i look at games, people, life, etc...maybe some of you guys should try it..you will live life much happier and the best part of it all...you will begin to enjoy gaming in a way you never knew you could....you are truly missing out.

This is what some of you guys do..the split second you get the game..you put it under the microscope and dissect the game searching for bugs and flaws and bad AI Logic...you put yourself in a habit that is keeping you from enjoying video games for what they are...i feel sorry for some of you...it's gotta suck to be that way. Sure past madden's were dull and unexciting..i will admit that..but this year is different and that needs to be recognized.
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but to be honest we see this same type of speech every year right about this time. Give it a month, after the game's come out. I look forward to your next speech, and all of its differences from the first one.

As far as the NFL and this "country" goes, the NFL is loved no more by its fan base than is MLB or the NBA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »