Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #89
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This game is about a 6 vs the CPU.

If you had a good 32-man CCM then I could see someone thinking the game was a 10.

The AI is really really bad
Old 08-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Rinse and repeat
And as many times as I repeat it, it remains true.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #91
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Alright, lets try to reign it in a bit guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #92
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Just some thoughts:

I think some wires are getting crossed here. I think there are a group of us who are fully aware of the flaws, or legacy issues if you will. This group of has found a way to live with those issues and enjoy the game.

On the other hand, it seems like another group of people still can't accept that these issues will not change this generation.

And in the process people are getting chippy.

The bottom line is that its all about your opinion. Personally, from what I have played so far, I love the game. I can live with the legacy issues. (for now anyway) Have I seen things I don't like? Of course. But in the time I have played I haven't seen anything major or "game breaking."

With that said, its ok to love the game, and its ok to hate it. Be constructive with your impressions and respect other peoples opinions.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #93
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Congrats on the being named an EAGC and hopefully you are the Rgiles I have read for the most part and not that one for a couple weeks, lol. Also, an improved adaptive AI is a benefit to every gamer, offline or online because outside of co-op the other 10 players are controlled by the AI during online play. I think the AI is a universal area of focus that should be applied in M14 and every year.
Thanks!

And I agree, and that's sort of my point. A byproduct of improving the offline experience is that everyone benefits -- especially if that adaptive AI were to extend past just playcalling.

Through my admitted limited perspective, it seems there's more emphasis on eliminating user exploits. That's cool, but how much benefit for the offliner is there in that? Most offliners I assume don't resort to cheap tactics to begin with. I'm not saying the pendulum has to swing back offline likes it's 1993, but there's gotta be more emphasis placed on the offline experience.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #94
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Thanks!

And I agree, and that's sort of my point. A byproduct of improving the offline experience is that everyone benefits -- especially if that adaptive AI were to extend past just playcalling.

Through my admitted limited perspective, it seems there's more emphasis on eliminating user exploits. That's cool, but how much benefit for the offliner is there in that? Most offliners I assume don't resort to cheap tactics to begin with. I'm not saying the pendulum has to swing back offline likes it's 1993, but there's gotta be more emphasis placed on the offline experience.
Yeah when you can't even select the CPU's Uniform, you know theres something pretty wrong there

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Just some thoughts:

I think some wires are getting crossed here. I think there are a group of us who are fully aware of the flaws, or legacy issues if you will. This group of has found a way to live with those issues and enjoy the game.

On the other hand, it seems like another group of people still can't accept that these issues will not change this generation.

And in the process people are getting chippy.

The bottom line is that its all about your opinion. Personally, from what I have played so far, I love the game. I can live with the legacy issues. (for now anyway) Have I seen things I don't like? Of course. But in the time I have played I haven't seen anything major or "game breaking."

With that said, its ok to love the game, and its ok to hate it. Be constructive with your impressions and respect other peoples opinions.
By far the best post of the night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #96
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

Like pvarck31 has said legacy issues that will not be resolved this gen should be dropped from discussion. I've been playing this early release almost none stop and while there are some pretty big issues in CCM offline ( im not sure about online I don't play online ) that can be irritating and they are this is still the best Madden to date. And I've been hating on Madden this entire generation because they have given and taken away so much since switching consoles without actually improving anything. Even the new Ncaa has frustrated me to the point I had broken the new controller I had bought prior to picking up my Ncaa copy. But with Madden and like I said previously I have played it non-stop since I downloaded my early release I have not had the urge to even come close to throwing my controller at the ground. I've had very competitive games that I have won and lost and I have seen where I have come up short and deserved to lose, in Ncaa that wasn't the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »