Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #81
Banned

Riddler's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Haters gonna hate and ballers gonna ball simple as that. The same people complain about random B.S. every year it never fails. If you can't see that this the best madden since 2005 your just blind or you are 2k fanboy.
So people who points out the flaws in a game are "haters"?

Whatever, man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #82
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I could see how that conclusion could be drawn, but I don't know if that's the case, you know?

All I know is that if there's anything I'm hoping to contribute as a new member of the GC program, it's to bring awareness of the offline gamer.

I know the case can be made that online gamers have suffered through bare-bones franchise experiences since forever, and I certainly understand that. But from a gameplay perspective, it's been a long time since the offliners have gotten any love outside of some playcalling tweaks over the years. A true adaptive AI would increase the replayability for the offliner ten-fold as an example. But I'm getting off-topic here...
I just wondered that because of all the success games like COD, Gears of War, Halo, etc have and the popularity they are enjoying due to their online experience as opposed to story mode (which even now, has a co-op online option). I've never been a huge fan of those but once my friends got into Gears and consistently kept talking about it, I caved in and got a copy.

Im glad you are a game changer and are keeping the offline gamer in mind. I mostly want good AI (adaptive AI), teams to play like they're real life counter parts, and great presentation. (All I think we had in earlier versions of madden- though never in the same one)
Old 08-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
You guys crack me up when it comes to Madden. The nit picking is insane.

Yet games like the Show and NBA2k have entire portions of the game not working. No problem.

Yet every year those games are the best ever and Madden doesn't compete. Really.

Jut on a competitive level and finding out how good you really are. I'll always give Madden one thing. Online is going to work. 2k and the show. Out the box. Not likely.

If you really got into Madden. Not just looking for the crossing route a slant or a screen pass. There is a deep game of football in there.

But hey. Keep worrying about the halftime show and the announcers.

I came to play football. Not watch a halftime show.

LOL.
Hahaha! So true! The yearly release of Madden is outmatched by the yearly complaints and nitpicking by O'S users. Granted most of them are legitimate complaints but like you said, everyone talks about how great NBA 2K and MLB The Show are but both games have broken online functionality vs Madden you can at least connect to a game. Smh. I think it's only here in OS that the standards are set way too high and people take for granted how lucky we are to be able to enjoy these games every year. #firstworldproblems
Old 08-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
So let me ask you something, since you know that the game is going to be awful and shouldn't require a patch no matter what, why are you going to spend money on it. And if you don't plan on buying the game then what's the problem?
I dont know that the game is going to be awful but I do know that there's a lot of problems that shouldnt even exist because people here who have the actual retail copy have said so and have detailed the problems.

I actually hope the game is at the very least, playable and enjoyable enough so I can actually play a full season for the first time since I edited 2K5 which was years ago because the time, patience and caring isnt there anymore for various reasons.

I stayed away from Madden NFL 06 to Madden NFL 09. Purchased Madden the last three years and I would say within a week, the game was sold on ebay because there were either too many problems or I just wasnt enjoying and having fun playing the game. When there's major problems, it tends to eliminate the fun that you're having.

As for Madden NFL 13, I have it pre-ordered and paid off at Best Buy. Quite honestly, I only did so because as a Gamers Club Unlocked member, im getting a $20 certificate for pre-ordering and a $10 online code for ordering online and choosing in-store pickup. Thus, instead of paying $65, im actually paying $35 and not if but when the time comes, I sell the game, I'll at worst break even or make a profit while still being able to play the game.

In other words, if it wasnt for Best Buy's promotion, we wouldnt be having this conversation since I wouldnt be buying the game and thus, wouldnt care either way but since im picking up the game tomorrow, im reading reviews and reading what others who are playing the retail version are saying so I know what to expect. So I know that when I start a off-line CCM with my 49ers and my settings or whatever arent saving, I'll know why ahead of time.

As for the problem in general. The problem is simple. Eight years of being the only NFL licensed football video game and its been eight years of average at best quality. What EA still hasnt realized is that no competition has actually hurt them more than not because ALL of the focus is on them, no one else and if they cant deliver on a yearly basis with a quality football game that can be played out of the case with at the very least, minor non gamebreaking issues, then well, consumers need to voice their opinions on the subject.

Too many Madden fans just accept what they're given year in and year out which is sad because these are the fans who have stood by EA for what seems like forever yet they receive an average football game every year for the last eight years.

There's a reason why 2K5 has all positive critic ratings on Metacritic and has a higher score/rating despite being eight years old and on a last gen system compared to all the Madden's that have been released in the last eight years - its because despite being eight years old and on a last gen system, it plays better, is more fun and has far less problems.

Football is my favorite sport and its quite simply, not right that im stuck with either updating 2K5 (which I would do if I could), not playing any football game or playing Madden and accept what EA/Tiburon gives us. What we've been given is a joke, plain and simple but the joke's on us for accepting and buying Madden year in and year out.

All I want is a good (doesnt have to be great or even match 2K5) major glitch free football game that plays good and is fun to play. After eight years, I honestly dont think thats asking for much.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #85
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I could see how that conclusion could be drawn, but I don't know if that's the case, you know?

All I know is that if there's anything I'm hoping to contribute as a new member of the GC program, it's to bring awareness of the offline gamer.

I know the case can be made that online gamers have suffered through bare-bones franchise experiences since forever, and I certainly understand that. But from a gameplay perspective, it's been a long time since the offliners have gotten any love outside of some playcalling tweaks over the years. A true adaptive AI would increase the replayability for the offliner ten-fold as an example. But I'm getting off-topic here...
Congrats on the being named an EAGC and hopefully you are the Rgiles I have read for the most part and not that one for a couple weeks, lol. Also, an improved adaptive AI is a benefit to every gamer, offline or online because outside of co-op the other 10 players are controlled by the AI during online play. I think the AI is a universal area of focus that should be applied in M14 and every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #86
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
I dont know that the game is going to be awful but I do know that there's a lot of problems that shouldnt even exist because people here who have the actual retail copy have said so and have detailed the problems.

I actually hope the game is at the very least, playable and enjoyable enough so I can actually play a full season for the first time since I edited 2K5 which was years ago because the time, patience and caring isnt there anymore for various reasons.

I stayed away from Madden NFL 06 to Madden NFL 09. Purchased Madden the last three years and I would say within a week, the game was sold on ebay because there were either too many problems or I just wasnt enjoying and having fun playing the game. When there's major problems, it tends to eliminate the fun that you're having.

As for Madden NFL 13, I have it pre-ordered and paid off at Best Buy. Quite honestly, I only did so because as a Gamers Club Unlocked member, im getting a $20 certificate for pre-ordering and a $10 online code for ordering online and choosing in-store pickup. Thus, instead of paying $65, im actually paying $35 and not if but when the time comes, I sell the game, I'll at worst break even or make a profit while still being able to play the game.

In other words, if it wasnt for Best Buy's promotion, we wouldnt be having this conversation since I wouldnt be buying the game and thus, wouldnt care either way but since im picking up the game tomorrow, im reading reviews and reading what others who are playing the retail version are saying so I know what to expect. So I know that when I start a off-line CCM with my 49ers and my settings or whatever arent saving, I'll know why ahead of time.

As for the problem in general. The problem is simple. Eight years of being the only NFL licensed football video game and its been eight years of average at best quality. What EA still hasnt realized is that no competition has actually hurt them more than not because ALL of the focus is on them, no one else and if they cant deliver on a yearly basis with a quality football game that can be played out of the case with at the very least, minor non gamebreaking issues, then well, consumers need to voice their opinions on the subject.

Too many Madden fans just accept what they're given year in and year out which is sad because these are the fans who have stood by EA for what seems like forever yet they receive an average football game every year for the last eight years.

There's a reason why 2K5 has all positive critic ratings on Metacritic and has a higher score/rating despite being eight years old and on a last gen system compared to all the Madden's that have been released in the last eight years - its because despite being eight years old and on a last gen system, it plays better, is more fun and has far less problems.

Football is my favorite sport and its quite simply, not right that im stuck with either updating 2K5 (which I would do if I could), not playing any football game or playing Madden and accept what EA/Tiburon gives us. What we've been given is a joke, plain and simple but the joke's on us for accepting and buying Madden year in and year out.

All I want is a good (doesnt have to be great or even match 2K5) major glitch free football game that plays good and is fun to play. After eight years, I honestly dont think thats asking for much.
So, for half the price, you might be getting a decent football game.

I'm going tomorrow at 10:00am at BB and picking it up for $26.00 w/trade-in.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Haters gonna hate and ballers gonna ball simple as that. The same people complain about random B.S. every year it never fails. If you can't see that this the best madden since 2005 your just blind or you are 2k fanboy.
LOL. First, saying that Madden NFL 13 is the best Madden since 2005 isnt saying much, if anything at all. Second, hmmm, dont you think that eight years later, its about damn time that Madden NFL 2005 gets SURPASSED or is that just me thinking outside the box???

But hey, if you're having fun playing the game, more power to you but dont act like there's no problems when so many Madden fans have said otherwise.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #88
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
LOL. First, saying that Madden NFL 13 is the best Madden since 2005 isnt saying much, if anything at all. Second, hmmm, dont you think that eight years later, its about damn time that Madden NFL 2005 gets SURPASSED or is that just me thinking outside the box???

But hey, if you're having fun playing the game, more power to you but dont act like there's no problems when so many Madden fans have said otherwise.

Rinse and repeat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »