Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #57
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
I apologize for calling you an Idiot. I was out of line. The knitpicking just gets really old. Theres a lot of it on this site right now.
Nice job on the apology!

Let me ask you a question?

You say we are nit picking on the game of Madden. Is mentioning how off the line play is nit picking or a very important aspect of the game that needs to be represented properly in order to get a true NFL experience?

Is asking for true player running animations with proper physics and momentum nit picking?

Is asking for the AI to call a game correctly in the closing minutes of the game nit picking?

Just a few questions I would like for you to answer. The only thing I see is guys in here asking for a authentic game. There is nothing wrong with that? Do you agree or not?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with many other posters here, good review but he left out a lot of the issues in the game. As for the grade, if we are looking at it in terms of past Maddens this gen then...

M06 - 5, M07 - 5.5, M08 - 5.5, M09 - 6, M10 - 7, M11 - 7, M12 - 7.5

Id give Madden 13 that 8/8.5, strictly comparing its body of work to past Maddens this generation.

But in terms of representing the sport of Football I Give Madden 13 - 7.5 which like others have stated isnt a bad score at all and shows that they are indeed making progress. The other Maddens from this gen(especially 06-09) would get their grades bumped down in this criteria.

When people say Look at 2k Basketball or MLB The Show they say it because those games deliver the most compelling and realistic experience of the sport theyre trying to simulate. 2k indeed has its flaws but what game doesnt? The difference between say 2k and the Live series is that it represents Basketball much more effectively. Ive never even played The Show and i see how great of a game that is just by watching videos.

It makes me wonder if there was a competitor for Madden would it end up like the Live series is now? I mean 2k became the more "sim" of the 2 over the years and Live stayed with its slightly arcadey, for lack of a better word, gameplay style. And look where Live is now. Would madden be in the same shoes as Live if there was a competitor? We'll never know. But all we do know is that Madden is finally headed in the right direction. By no means is M13 Polished Marble, it is however, a solid stepping stone.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #59
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Great review picking mine up at midnight.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Nice job on the apology!

Let me ask you a question?

You say we are nit picking on the game of Madden. Is mentioning how off the line play is nit picking or a very important aspect of the game that needs to be represented properly in order to get a true NFL experience?

Is asking for true player running animations with proper physics and momentum nit picking?

Is asking for the AI to call a game correctly in the closing minutes of the game nit picking?

Just a few questions I would like for you to answer. The only thing I see is guys in here asking for a authentic game. There is nothing wrong with that? Do you agree or not?
1.Yes
2.Can be fixed with a patch.
3.No video game is authentic (thats why its a video game)
4.Don't Agree
And dont tell me nba 2k12 is authentic because the game play is not that great. The passing is horrible and the dribbling is sickening. Live had much better dribbling.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #61
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Horrible review. Doesnt mention any of the glitches/bugs/problems in the game. When Josh Looman says that its better to play CCM online because there's no patch that can fix the off-line CCM, you know its far from the greatest Madden of all time.

The best Madden of all-time is Madden NFL 2005 and this is coming from someone who preferred 2K5 at the time. That should tell everyone just how bad this franchise has gotten in the last eight years. I love how for the negatives, that no review has listed "no editing" as a negative when in fact its a huge negative.

8.5? 7, maybe 7.5 tops but thats even pushing it. And as far as NBA and MLB go, they have problems but they dont have the same problems eight years in a row because you know, they actually fix them. EA/Tiburon does not care enough to fix them. Hell, they use us, the consumers as the testers and they STILL dont fix the problems.

In the end, this is just another review that doesnt really review any of the negatives in the game. If so many gamers here are having so many problems with the game, how is it that reviewers miss them? Or do they just ignore them and act as if they dont exist?

Reviewers everywhere really need to start being more impartial and actually break down the game they're reviewing. Sadly, that never happens anywhere.

So because you don't agree with his review, that means that he wasn't being impartial? SMH Get over yourself. You have your feelings about the game and he has his. I guess in your world, everyone should think like you do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #62
Banned

No one is arguing with you that Madden 13 has flaws. I just keep hearing about the same flaws in every single thread. No editing, No fantasy draft, AI at the end of the game, they screwed offline guys over. I mean the game is not even out yet and its pretty obvious that the first patch is probaly going to fix the majority of these things.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
So because you don't agree with his review, that means that he wasn't being impartial? SMH Get over yourself. You have your feelings about the game and he has his. I guess in your world, everyone should think like you do.
I dont agree with his review because its more like a congratulations or praising instead fo an actual review. Reviews are meant to be just that. A review of the game from top to bottom. Positives to negatives. This review isnt that.

The reviewer doesnt mention any of the problems that others here have posted, detailed and even showed videos of. There's a huge difference between mentioning the negatives/problems and saying that while they exist, its not gamebreaking or anything major or at the very least, can be worked around and not mentioning them at all. To me, when reviewers dont explain the problems in the game (any game), that tells me that they're covering it up because they know if they explain all of it, it would lower the score so to avoid that, they act as if they dont exist.

And obviously, the problems have to exist because if they didnt, there wouldnt be pages and pages of people here detailing the problems.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
No one is arguing with you that Madden 13 has flaws. I just keep hearing about the same flaws in every single thread. No editing, No fantasy draft, AI at the end of the game, they screwed offline guys over. I mean the game is not even out yet and its pretty obvious that the first patch is probaly going to fix the majority of these things.
The sad part with what you just posted is that you dont even realize what the biggest problem is. Its that the majority of the problems shouldnt even be problems to begin with and shouldnt require a patch. Its great to know that you can go out and spend $65 on a bug glitch filled game out of the box but on the bright side, dont worry, we'll patch it real soon for you as opposed to making sure that everything works correctly.

Oh well, as the consumer who's spending $65 on the game, I guess its too much to ask for a game that can actually be played off-line out of the case without any major or gamebreaking problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »