Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #513
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
The CPU follows the same rules as us, so they are also given the power, normal, and contact swing. Basically what happens is that with two strikes the CPU uses the contact swing with weaker hitters, which makes them a really tough out. Check out the CPU's PCI before two strikes and after two strikes for batters with low contact ability - the PCI swells up and covers the whole strike zone.

The thing that I would like to see change is the impact of pitcher confidence on timing hitting users. I know its been said multiple times that high pitch confidence only gives a location boost but I simply cannot believe that. I played spring training game yesterday where I was facing Wade Miley with almost no confidence, and I was able to make hard contact every time I swung, even with bad timing. The next inning the CPU brings in Joe Saunders and his confidence bar is almost full. The result? multiple whiffs on fastballs right down the middle with perfect timing with Jesus Montero, Dustin Ackley, etc.

I like the idea of pitcher confidence as a whole, I just think the effect is too strong (for anyone not using zone obviously) and that high confidence is achieved too quickly by the CPU. If the CPU strikes out the side in the first inning, the game is basically over at that point for us timing users.
This lends itself to my desire for pitching getting an overhaul. Confidence turns the game into a mini game. If they are confident, it can be a slow night in the batters box, that's for sure.

I stand by my theory of scripted (for lack of better terms) at bats and it's directly tied into pitching confidence. More often than not one hit = two, or a walk, or some way to get the initial runner home.

I love this game. It's my favorite game and I feel it's the best sports sim ever, but this year hitting/pitching seems a little "scripted" in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #514
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1.For player ratings how about using # like Verlander a 99 it's to hard to determine who the best players are at each position.

2. WBC World baseball classic

3. Come playoff time make the AI smart enough to know how many starting pitchers they need for playoff seris. I hate when i'm going with my #1 and Cpu has #4.

4. 2k's pitching mechanics

5. Fenway have updated standings on the Green Monster wall.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #515
Rookie

foreverasnake's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Not to mention the horrible audio and video issues, the commentary goes out all the time when somethings supposed to happen and then comes back in randomly, like I was just playing a game and the pa and everything went out for about half an hour, MAJOR fix
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #516
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would be cool if players got signed to another team or traded, they would appear in the new team's uniform and hat in their picture.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #517
Pro

OVR: 5
Customizable leagues, Tiger Stadium, and importing rosters to the next year. Even if it messes with some of the players and you have to edit the hair options back it would be a perfect game for me, and for Pete Rose's sake put in the 80's away jersey for the Tigers, I don't care if it has buttons down the middle

Last edited by jethrotull; 08-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #518
Rookie

OVR: 5

Have the advertisements you chose actually be seen throughout the stadium. If "H20 Ya!" is my primary sponser, have Matt say "This game is brought to you buy H20 Ya...". Have the sponsors on the walls in centerfield.

Also, include different broadcast presentations for the different TV Networks, i.e. Regional Sports Network would have a different setup as you own team network.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #519
Rookie

Jakesparrow1008's Arena

OVR: 2

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm very pleased with this year's version of the game and I am planning on buying it next year regardless of what happens. However, I have many suggestions as to how to make it better:

GENERAL:

1. The crowd needs to react more intense in situations such as playoffs, walk-offs, extra innings, intense situations, etc.

2. More animations would be great. The more you can make, the better the game is.

3. The celebrations need to be changed. In walk-off wins, playoff wins, any other special game, the team needs to actually celebrate. If you win the world series, you're not going to see your team jump on each other for 5 seconds and that's it. Locker room celebrations would be cool.

4. Less diving catches, and better fielding animations.

5. The red bar for overall needs to be replaced by numbers. It would be easier to see who's better that way, so it would be easier to trade in Franchise mode as well.

MODES:

1. A create-a-team mode would be cool, especially if you could mix it with franchise and RTTS.

2. Create-a-stadium mode would be awesome. If you could design a whole stadium, including wall height and depth, turf or grass, roof or no roof, capacity, colour, etc. That would be amazing.

3. Expansion mode would be another cool addition.

FRANCHISE:

1. A better drafting system needs to be implemented. You rarely ever see players with an F potential drafted in the first few rounds. Also, there should be more rounds than 5 or 6. It would be cool to see draft classes downloaded into franchise as well.

2. Not just for Franchise, but A potential prospects don't always turn into superstars. There should not only be the potential rating, but also a risk. So, for example, 1 would be that they have barely any chance of reaching their potential, whereas 10 would be they will almost certainly reach it.

3. More options when signing free agents. I'm thinking minor league contracts, no trade clauses, things like that. They would (and should) all have an impact on the players' willingness to sign with your club too.

4. The trade logic needs to be redone. What I've found is that because the CPU teams value the young players so much, they undervalue the veterans. All you have to do is add someone over 35 years old, and you can get anyone.

5. There should also be more options when trading. Sign and trades, 10 & 5 rights, trade requests, etc. Those would be cool.

6. Player roles would be a great feature. Things like Superstar, Team Idol, Veteran, Rookie, Slugger, Speedster, Ace, Leader, Me-First, Team-First, Clubhouse-Cancer, etc. Those could also help with trades. For example, Derek Jeter would be a Team Idol and a Superstar, so he would never, ever be traded by New York. A player like Josh Beckett would be considered a Clubhouse-Cancer and a Me-First type of player, so Boston would be looking to be shipping him out.

7. Mid-season contract extensions, and manager hiring and firing mid-season would be great.

Thanks for listening,

Jakesparrow1008
Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #520
MVP

OVR: 3

Being able to take BP before a game in franchise. Or warm up with your starter in the bullpen, that would be dope.

And a great presentation aspect would be like, showing the SP walk from the bullpen to dugout right before the game while the Announcer talks about his season/recent performances. Or show the teams big player giving high fives/grabbing his glove in the dugout before he takes the field. Show players running out of the dugout.

Those are things that I always notice when I am at games. You notice the starter walking to the dugout, totally focused. You notice the commotion in the dugout right before they take the field. And the crowd roars when they take the dugout steps and get out there.

My main concern is the colors in the game. They are dull. The grass, dirt, sky. They are dry colors. If they could add more vibrant colors, the game would look perfect. It's very good now in every category but colors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »