Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #497
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Having a pitcher's confidence meter and individual pitch confidence stick when re-booting a saved game.

I like the league leader OSD's, but the dead air is a bit much at times. I'd like to hear some banter about player X leading whatever category is shown.

Yes...that would be really nice.
Even if they talk about things that aren't being shown on screen...but are outside of your game....but in your franchise.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #498
Rookie

foreverasnake's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

IMO this game needs MANY things to be successful, or at least more enjoyable. Not necessarily a complete overhaul, but the gameplay def needs to be more smooth. 9 times out of 10 when a ball is hit towards ss or 2b, the guy running toward the ball misses it entirely. There are other little annoyances like this that need to be adressed, like when you have foul frequency on the lowest setting, but every pitch is still hit foul. For me the sliders seemed to make no difference to how the cpu pitches, everything seems to be down in the corners, not saying they dont have the right to pitch smart, but even the lower class guys tend to be very cheap when pitching.

Hair: Aren't we about due for some long hair styles? As they seem to be more prevelant now, I only think it necessary to include the option for some, Tyler Clippard was the only one that I can think of that had it. Also tattoos, why can't they get guys right models, I know it may be a layer issue but still, it would look more realistic.

The announcing is def getting a little stale as well. I would rather have real commentators from tv, would be even better if they had team-specific people announce for those teams like they really do.

I find the updating system to be quite annoying as well. When the updates come out, they put in the new guys each week, but take out others. I don't understand this, why take someone out that you dont even know is off a team, and then they get called up and you cant use them in the game, we dont need all those no name guys in the minors, just take some of them out.

I think this game needs a boost to make it fun to play again, some kind of new mechanic that makes it seem more realistic, cuz I can say after a year of playing it, it's still fun, but very frusterating at times.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #499
Rookie

Oh, and please fix the fielder's interfering with the baserunners. Either avoid cutoff men standing in the basepaths or at least penalize them for it.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:31 AM   #500
Banned

OVR: 8

I would like to see the following in MLB 13: The Show

1. One-Pitch mode ... the mode that makes the OOTP game so fun to play. The computer generates the 'pitch count' and the situation surrounding it, and you as a simmer decide what to do from there. There can still be foul balls, keeping the batter-pitcher battle going, but for the most part the game moves along to the next batter.

2. AI that pitches like it's human ... the AI should have just as much difficulty pitching as the human player, or for the game to give such an impression. The AI should not all pitching like Greg Maddux.

3. All Players In History ... speaking of Greg Maddux, it would be INCREDIBLE if we could play with all players that ever existed in the history of the game. Of course it would take a graphics team all by itself at SCEA to make such a thing happen, but they could also ship the game with a 'Modders Paradise', with the tools necessary for modders out there to create players who look (graphics) and perform (statistics and ratings) like the real thing.

4. Improved Diamond Dynasty mode ... Why not allow the gamers to collect the cards of any player that ever played the game? It would add a much greater element of surprise to the collection process. What if you could just play 'quick games' (or even in franchise or season mode) and use the DD players you have collected? Why not allow gamers to trade their DD cards with one another via the server?

5. Virtual Baseball Card Album ... It would be really awesome to be able to view a virtual baseball card album that contains the 'cards' (front and back) of all the players we have drafted, signed, developed and played out for a full career (or got via a trade or something). Why not allow the gamers to be able to upload their virtual baseball card albums to a server for viewing by others?

6. Sliders that WORK ... It's no secret that a number of the sliders in MLB 12: The Show do very little to nothing in actually impacting the game.

7. Straight Pitch Mode ... think softball on steroids. I CAN NOT be the only gamer to ever just play 'straight pitch' against other human players. Sure, it jacks up the offense, but that can be a lot of fun in its own right. The games can really go down to the wire and you still have to run your *** off chasing drives.

8. All Stadiums In History ... enough sad.

9. The Show + Out Of The Park Developments... that means PRESENTATION PACKAGE + TRUE RATINGS & MODIFIERS, for the ultimate simulation! We would no longer be having discussions about this slider or that slider not working, or this or that player not performing as they would in real life. This would be a video baseball gamer's dream. No one would even want to look at another baseball game in the past. If you thought The Show looks like the real thing (well, it doesn't, but it's much better than 2K), just wait until you saw OOTP's magic at work That way, The Show's development team could focus on what it does best ... presentation, menus, options ... and OOTP's statistical / AI engine would drive the package on the field.

Last edited by thevaliantx; 08-22-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #501
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Well, after revisiting and playing a number of games on MLB 10 (after about 100 games of frustration on 12), I've concluded that I'd like to see:

Gameplay like 10, with the "look" of 12...

I play classic pitching / zone hitting / vet or AS / Psychobulk's sliders (or close to 'em)...

Shocking how much control I have as a user over 10, where as 12 just seemed to have it's own agenda...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #502
Rookie

yea it basically is. The gameplay hasnt really changed. Maybe a few things but not alot. I have played every single show game this generation except for the latest one. It doesnt feel any different. Just looks better. They still need to tune the pitching/fielding mechanics more.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #503
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
10 does play better in some regards. It's more organic and less scripted.

My biggest gripe in 12 (aside from my opinion that pitching needs an overhaul) is that I hate the feeling of not being in control as a pitcher unless I'm getting K's. I can't pitch to contact in this game. I can't do it with any slider set on any difficulty level. Once I throw a pitch and it's a hit, 80% of the time I'm gonna give up a second hit almost right away which always drives in the first hit. I can paint corners and hitters will just leave that bat on their shoulders. It can be an 0-2 count and they just watch pitches cruise by like it's nothing. Or, they foul off 7 pitches until they get the hit.

I know it could be me, and I'll even concede it is, but holy crap it seems so scripted. I can throw any pitch, but if they got on me, they are getting another for a run. You can book it.

I wanna pitch to contact. I really do. I want grounballs on good pitches at the right time. I don't mean those missiles either. I want balls that have no shot at beating the infielder. I don't want it all the time. But, I do want it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #504
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
10 does play better in some regards. It's more organic and less scripted.

My biggest gripe in 12 (aside from my opinion that pitching needs an overhaul) is that I hate the feeling of not being in control as a pitcher unless I'm getting K's. I can't pitch to contact in this game. I can't do it with any slider set on any difficulty level. Once I throw a pitch and it's a hit, 80% of the time I'm gonna give up a second hit almost right away which always drives in the first hit. I can paint corners and hitters will just leave that bat on their shoulders. It can be an 0-2 count and they just watch pitches cruise by like it's nothing. Or, they foul off 7 pitches until they get the hit.

I know it could be me, and I'll even concede it is, but holy crap it seems so scripted. I can throw any pitch, but if they got on me, they are getting another for a run. You can book it.

I wanna pitch to contact. I really do. I want grounballs on good pitches at the right time. I don't mean those missiles either. I want balls that have no shot at beating the infielder. I don't want it all the time. But, I do want it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
I do think that guy who fouls off 8 pitches in a AB is a little contrived. No matter what speed, no matter what location...even if he does that tied up swing he'll make contact. Obviously there are ABs like that in real baseball, but it just feels off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »