Home

Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

This is a discussion on Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

If there's a lockout I can get my hockey fix with the new game. I don't see why some get so worked up at the NHL for their negotiations that they can't even bring themselves to play the yearly hockey game with its bells and whistles.

Let's all play the demo first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I went through this last year with NBA 2K12 and not only did it affect sales, but the lockout also directly affected the game itself as NBA Today was rendered meaningless because there were no games being played.

Here's the trickle-down effect with the Lockout and 2K12:
No NBA Today
No Roster Updates (yes, 2KShare had rosters, but no official roster updates)
No Accessory Updates
Depth Charts/Rotations inaccurate
Schedule was wrong (fixed in NBA Today but not for Association Mode)

I have to admit, I'm hesitant now about picking up NHL 13 at launch because a labor deal isn't in place yet. I think I may wait until all that shakes out before buying NHL 13.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

I honestly think that if the lock-out happens, it may actually increase the number of copies sold. People who have even a slight interest in the NHL may go out and buy '13 simply for the fact that that's the only way to get any hockey at all this year.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
Rookie

HellJumper SK's Arena

OVR: 1

If anything a lockout makes me more likely to buy. I need to get my hockey fix.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzehrt24
I honestly think that if the lock-out happens, it may actually increase the number of copies sold. People who have even a slight interest in the NHL may go out and buy '13 simply for the fact that that's the only way to get any hockey at all this year.
Yep for me...if God forbid a lockout happens, I'll most likely be playing NHL '13' more often than normal. The time I would spend watching the real thing, will most likely be spent playing the game instead if there's a lockout.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5
I'm more concerned with how a potential lockout would affect contracts and players signing to their respective league players association/union. What will happen to having accurate rosters if there is a lockout?

On the flip side, my Be-a-GM becomes more fantasy than it already would be. While I try to stick to real world roster situations, with a lock out, I'm more likely to move players around where I want them regardless of where they are/would be in the real world.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #31
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I know for me, it's not going to affect me being the game. I but it specifically for EASHL and play probably 10-20 offline games a year.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #32
Rookie

TheNorm30's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think I'll purchase if there's a lockout (which is looking more and more likely after today). I can get my hockey fix from the college ranks, and maybe even check out one of the OHL teams that are close by. It's a bummer because the demo really has me curious about the game, but just going from previous experience for me I won't want to play the game much if the league isn't going on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »