Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #489
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1.WBC (world baseball classic)

2.Get 2k's pitching
Old 08-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #490
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

In no particular order:

User stats -- I'd like to see extensive batting, pitching, fielding, W-L stats. It's one of the few things the other title got right.

Fewer foul balls -- Even with the slider turned down completely for both HUM and CPU, I'm seeing too many of these, which increases the length of games.

Outfield positioning -- OFs seem to play too shallow, and yet hits down the line and in the corner that should be doubles often result in singles because the OF gets to the ball too quickly. Might need a sliders adjustment fix.

More throwback unis -- I like the selection they have. You can always have more.

Shorter postseason for shorter seasons -- For 14- and 29-game seasons, I want the option of single elimination or best of 3 playoff series.

That's all I can think of right now.

I've played about 12 games in the five days I've had this game and I can say it's about as close to perfection in a sports game that I've experienced in my 20 years of gaming. It is so good that I have no desire to play anything else.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #491
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
After 100 plus games, I've concluded that there's not much difference (other than deilvery and pitch type) between pitchers this year...

I've tried All Star, Veteran and Rookie hitting and pitching with CPU control / consistancy as low as 1 and as high as 4, with strike frequency at 0 and:

EVERYBODY throws between 62-66 percent strikes, with a first pitch range of about 58-64...

D/F Control rated guys and above...they ALL end up with the same percentages...

And, no...I don't swing at more than 2-3 junk pitches all game or have an abnormal amount of foul balls...

Secondly, the CPU pitching is a little more clutch this year...they seem to get really effective when pitching out of a jam...the "meltdowns" have been VERY rare...

And, I'm sure the frequency of double plays has been well documented...

Well, I'm not alone on this...got a handful of "likes", etc...

Anyway:

After the last game in which I was tormented by ALL the above PLUS the slight overall "tilt" I feel goes to the CPUs advantage I decided to pop in MLB 10...

NONE of the above is in evidence...

The strike percentages were spot on with minor slider tweaks and all the pitchers threw according to their relative control ratings...

First pitch strikes, etc. also very tight...

Overall, despite the "ball under the glove" animation and inferior graphics, it played a MUCH better overall game of baseball...

MLB11 is the first year I didn't but the show, so the major difference between 12 and 10 (IMHO) MAY have been triggered by the advent of analog controls...

When the game was re tuned for those additions, I wonder if the core of the classic pitching / zone hitting interfaces I prefer were altered?

Not sure, but ALL the things (including the abundance of DPs)that concern me the most aren't in 10...

I do miss "contact swing" and "time out" in the box tho...

Transaction in 10 tho are ker-azy...12 ain't perfect but I forgot how nutz it used to be...

Lots of tradeoffs, but I'll always trade for overall gameplay...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-20-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #492
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

A small, but time saving feature would be to have an additional right stick toggle at the team matchup screen to select sliders. I'm sure some people have sliders for simming and sliders for actually playing the game, and having this feature would save all of the back and forth between screens.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #493
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

After playing countless games, here are some of the things that I would ask for:

Improved Diamond Dynasty - I know it's a first year effort (and a good one at that), but Diamond Dynasty needs some things changed. The card system is ok, but there is no incentive to use the actual major league players. The collection system is a touch difficult, and the online issues are horrible. One should be able to be home or away in a single player game, and there should be more uniform options. I would also like to see tournaments online and perhaps a league.

New Franchise Additions - Franchise in this game is good, but it could be so much better. Trading needs to be upgraded and perhaps there needs to be a few hidden attributes such as "franchise players" (i.e. Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera would never play at Citi Field in orange and blue unless things were really bad, which happened in my franchise). Franchise feels a bit stale, but I know the minds at SCEA can spruce it up.

Improved Online - 'Nuff said. Online is horrid on this game. Even though I rarely venture online, I don't mind doing so on this game, but the lag is just awful.

Playoff Mode - There are so many times during the season where I look at the standings and say "If the playoffs started today...". I would like to have the ability to make a playoff only mode so that we can do this during the season. It would just be a nice feature.

Dynamic Intangibles - I think it would be neat to have more throwback and alternate slots so that teams can have a better library of uniforms. I would also like to see hats connected with helmets for color choices and an undershirt option. Perhaps the biggest thing would be dynamic stadia where roofs close and rain becomes a problem or lets off. It's a lot to ask for, but it would make the game so much better.

Speedy Mode - Sometimes I don't have enough time to play a full game and I want to get nine innings done in a quick time. Perhaps an option to have an automatic 1-1 count and no cutscenes would be great for this game.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #494
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
After playing countless games, here are some of the things that I would ask for:

Improved Diamond Dynasty - I know it's a first year effort (and a good one at that), but Diamond Dynasty needs some things changed. The card system is ok, but there is no incentive to use the actual major league players. The collection system is a touch difficult, and the online issues are horrible. One should be able to be home or away in a single player game, and there should be more uniform options. I would also like to see tournaments online and perhaps a league.

New Franchise Additions - Franchise in this game is good, but it could be so much better. Trading needs to be upgraded and perhaps there needs to be a few hidden attributes such as "franchise players" (i.e. Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera would never play at Citi Field in orange and blue unless things were really bad, which happened in my franchise). Franchise feels a bit stale, but I know the minds at SCEA can spruce it up.
A. It was definitely a "throw a line in the water" to start. DD is by no means(from what I gathered at the Community Events) stuck in one direction as a mode.
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread asking for more feedback on this actually.

B. Definitely. Franchise is good...but needs some changes. Fingers crossed as to seeing those for '13 and beyond!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #495
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

A playoff mode would be fantastic.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 (2-1)
MLB 20 The Show - Classic Rosters and Yankees YR8
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #496
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Having a pitcher's confidence meter and individual pitch confidence stick when re-booting a saved game.

I like the league leader OSD's, but the dead air is a bit much at times. I'd like to hear some banter about player X leading whatever category is shown.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »