Home

An MLB BobbleHead Pro's Diary: 162 Games Later

This is a discussion on An MLB BobbleHead Pro's Diary: 162 Games Later within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
An MLB BobbleHead Pro's Diary: 162 Games Later

In March, Operation Sports held a staff roundtable discussing which baseball games we had played for a full 162 game season.

At the time, I had only accomplished the feat in one game: Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for the Super Nintendo.

A few weeks ago, I added a second game to my list: MLB Bobblehead Pros for the Xbox 360.

Here are some aspects, both good and bad, that stand out as I look back on my season with the Milwaukee Brewers in Konami's latest Power Pros game.

Read More - An MLB BobbleHead Pro's Diary: 162 Games Later
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
this is a fun game, but there's no longevity because it lacks the ability to trade, release, and pick up free agents, think i played about 5 games through a season then got bored with it
Old 07-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
I like the game but I'm sour on it because it's impossible to draw a walk.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
I still go through phases where I play this for a week or two straight. I also usually start a "franchise" in power pros 2008 with fantasy draft every baseball season but never finish. Can never find the right difficulty to keep me interested.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
July 2011 to June 2012 for one season???MLBTS Id complete 3-5 seasons in that time span
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: An MLB BobbleHead Pro's Diary: 162 Games Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I like the game but I'm sour on it because it's impossible to draw a walk.
It all depends on the pitcher/batter matchup. The power hitters on my Brewers team frequently get pitched around. I've also found that the CPU likes to walk your #8 hitter so it can get to the pitcher.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15
I want to make a quick comment on this because I am actually playing this game as I type and I am in the middle of September in my season with the Cardinals. This game is PHENOMENAL in my opinon! I am not even a fan of basball but the pace of this game and the gameplay is a perfect fit for a fun experience.

The stadiums in this game are incedible detailed. Also, as you play more and more there is a lot of "little things" that you would be suprised are in a game like this. For example, I was playing the Giants at their stadium and hit a MONSTER homerun with Pujols. As the ball left the stadium I was waiting to hear that typical "thud" sound the ball makes but I hear a "kerplunk" for the ball going into the water. I thought that was pretty cool!

I am not even a fan of baseball and have only owned 2-3 baseball games in my life and didnt get into any of them. This game is a must buy for $10 if you are a fan of sports games. I love it!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: An MLB BobbleHead Pro's Diary: 162 Games Later

Love this game. The odd graphics turn some off, but the under the hood baseball game is outstanding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »