Home

Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

Are you still on the fence about buying NCAA Football 13? Well Jayson Young chimes in today with five pretty good and fleshed out reasons why you might think about holding off on your purchase at this point.

Read More - Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

loonsluv's Arena

OVR: 1
Nice write up another great group of reasons on why I'm not purchasing an EA title..
Old 07-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35
Wow! After this no one can ever accuse OS of being shills for EA Sports. Well done. If I do upgrade from NCAA 11 this year, it will probably be to a used copy of 12, not 13.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
hmmm you must being playing a different NCAA 13 than me.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

This is a good read and most all of this is why I decided to not buy this game this year or Madden 13 this year(Zig zag running was fun on Tecmo Super Bowl but shouldn't be present in todays game). For those of you who bought it and like it I am glad for you, but for me after being disappointed from 09 - 12 I have given up until this game becomes a sim game not and arcade game. I have gone back to 06(Xbox), 08(Xbox) and will try 11(Ps2), and see which will get me through till 14 drops next year. Great write up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Very well put! Makes me wish they would scrap the entire engine and start over even more now.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

You picked a terrible video to show the defects of Total Control Passing. I've played QB at the college level and have thrown seam routes to the numbers and had receivers get their heads around and get it without skipping a beat. I've also flattened out corners and shifted curls a few yards inside or out.

Especially in this case, the receiver is looking back at the QB so much like an outfielder in baseball who sees the ball off the bat and has a good idea of where it's heading, the receiver can locate the ball right out of the QBs hand and make a play on it.

There are some issues with the system where receivers may act too quickly for my taste. But the majority of those are a side effect of your 5th point about unrealistic player movement not with being able to throw passes that adjust routes.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
I the writers opinion, which NCAA Football game would be the best? I really liked NCAA 11, but I am currently running with NCAA 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »