Home

NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
Somewhat off topic, but I have to ask this.....
Does anyone know when the NCAA exclusivity license end?? Was thiking it would be up by now.
The NCAA exclusive license ended last year after the 2011 season. With that said, I don't think we will see any company spend money on college sports like last generation. EA is the only company that spends money on college, and that's because of Madden Football. Other than that, there is nothing else. College really isn't that big in America considering the pros. So I don't think company really want too invest in the development cost. So we might not see any college games in the future, but I hope I'm wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 7
....and skipping it again this year. {sigh}
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 8
I was hoping for good news when I started reading this review and came away very dissapointed. Every year since 2002 I have bought the game on release but this year I thought I would wait and see what the reaction was. And so far it appears I made the right choice in not buying right away.

Maybe with a patch or something they can fix some of the big issues and I'll think about getting it then but for now this NCAA game stands to be the first since 2002 I won't purchase.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 0
I should point out that Super Simming defense breaks the game to some degree. The clock doesn't run between plays when simming. So if the CPU goes on a 13 play drive, it might eat up 90-120 seconds. It's a super cheesy way to mount a comeback if you are behind.

It also led to some guys in an OD putting up stupid stats because they got so many more possessions.

If I am playing a play now game, I might sim defense. But if I am playing a Dynasty game, online or not, I play every play.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #85
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA 12 left a sour taste in my mouth. And after reading this review and seeing that a lot of my issues are STILL in 13...no purchase for me.

Maybe NCAA 14 will deliver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #86
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
I can't begin to express my disappointment after reading this. I trust few sites, but this is one I trust when they call out issues. And the onfield sim of football is ALL I cared about. I wanted to see if there have been strides made in enough areas to give it a shot. Now, Chris says they've REGRESSED? I spent 2 months trying to convince myself to try it. Tried the demo. Didn't fall in love with it. And the review calls out the same issues I had hoped would have been addressed between the demo and now. Well then, I guess I move on.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

i played 13 last night with my brother in law. I saw some really good things. I enjoy the passing engine and feel of the game (retail vs demo).

Some things that concerned me were how often OL guys whiffed on blocks, and I am still absolutely AMAZED at why JUMP THE SNAP is still in the game.

My brother in law played a game, and I played a game, then we played each other. In his game the CPU jumped the snap 68 times in 74 snaps. In my game, using Oregon and the hurry up, the CPU jumped the snap 73 of 82 snaps.

It's without a doubt the 1 feature of this game that absolutely needs to be removed. Get that out of the game and improve the triple option blocking, and CPU logic...and this game could be near damn perfect.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fair review. NCAA is an ok game but could be much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »