Home

NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
For now, just know that dynasty mode is deeper, it is still accessible, and it's better. If you let it, Dynasty Mode will suck you in and not let you go.
Yea, whatever you say. Adding more tedious & time consuming aspects to recruiting does not make dynasty mode NCAA's saving grace. Even dynamic conference prestige (which may or may not actually effect anything) doesn't make it worth while.

It's still, sadly, a far cry from even the PS2 days and way, waaaaayyyy off from what we want to see. What else exactly was added that make it so "immersive"? - zip. It's essentially a clone with poorly implemented updates and more recruiting non-sense! Don't try to sell it as anything else.

This game, as whole, is at best a small improvement on 12.. With that, and the expectations going from year to year - it's yet another disappointing product by a team that clearly has ran out of motivation, ideas, and talent over the last 7-8 years.

Time for big changes because this game is the laughing stock of major sports video games, and is without a doubt EA's biggest dud product.

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-10-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sounds like 13 is a small improvement over 12. Some people seem to be huge fans of the new passing, but I can't find myself justifying a $50-$60 purchase on new passing mechanics and a cheesy (IMO) Heisman challenge mode.

Don't get me wrong, I do like some of the improvements, but It just seems like a very mediocre upgrade considering I still have NCAA 12 which offers a passable NCAA experience. I'll probably pick up NCAA 13 in the used bin sometime in the future.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #59
Rookie

EA PLEASE INCREASE (DO A PATCH) ON WEAR, TEAR AND DIRT STAINS ON AWAY JERSEYS. PLAYED MIAMI AT FLORIDA STATE IN HEAVY RAIN AND MIAMIS AWAY JERSEYS WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING AS DIRTY AS FLORIDA STATES JERSEYS!!!! NCAA11 U PUT A PATCH OUT TO FIX AND 12 U DIDN'T CARE TO FIX/PATCH!!! LUCKLY I WAS ABLE TO RENT NCAA 13 SO IF THIS NOT FIXED/PATCHED ASAP.. U DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING MY HARD EARNED $$$. HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE SURE BOTH JERSEYS GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF DIRT DEGRADATION?!?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

^^ Cap Lock key must be stuck?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beermn76
Fair review. Played my friends' copy. Glad I canceled my preorder. Praying Madden will be better.

I did the same thing. Got Max Payne 3 instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #62
Rookie

Nope @ roadman....I was YELLING!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0
It looks like they made some nice updates to training results, too often in the last couple versions i would sign 15 3* prospects low 60's to start still as redshirt sophomores or juniprs only improved a 67 maybe one or two crack 70 but when you start off with a 2 or 3 star program who has a couple 80 rated guys you can compete with. In 3 years of winning fairly consistently 7-5 8-4 with a c+ offense defense only to drop to d+ after spending 3 years fighting for recruits it makes rebuilding unrewarding. If players progressed in season that would make less of a jump reasonable. I went through year one with ut and the lower guys improved only a point or two. On the whole though must guys made growth you can work with. 4-6 points a few in the 7, 8, 9 range. Definitely an improvement over last few years.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHLUV69
Nope @ roadman....I was YELLING!!!!
Gotcha, that kind of thing is generally not allowed here, just an fyi.

Last edited by roadman; 07-11-2012 at 11:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »