Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012: Is the Japanese Baseball Sim Right for You?

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012: Is the Japanese Baseball Sim Right for You? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2012: Is the Japanese Baseball Sim Right for You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt54
After reading this I purchased 2012 can't wait to play this game
Good for you, man. I can almost guarantee you won't regret it.

It was Operation Sports that first pointed me in the direction of this series a few years ago, when they did their first piece on it, and plugged spiritstranslation.com. I went to that site, read their mini review, and watched a few gameplay videos. That's all it took to get me to order 2010 right then and there. And now PYS is pretty much a guaranteed annual purchase for me. It's the most fun I've ever had with a baseball video game.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Getting this title is one of the things I've been blowing off for 2 years now. Everytime I read an article like this or see the youtube videos I get pumped up again. I think I've gotten my "sign" that now is the time to finally pick this up. I have gotten a little bored with The Show(something I thought I would NEVER say). I didnt even pick it up until mid-April this year, when it was always a midnight purchase or Day 1 title for me and Ive played it very little. I think a change of scenery is needed and this seems to it. My main question is I see the WBC was in PYC6 but no mention of it being in 2010. From reading the post from Sprits Translation it seems like thats the best version to start with. Is the WBC mode in 2010? Many thanks in advance...
Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmathaifighter
Getting this title is one of the things I've been blowing off for 2 years now. Everytime I read an article like this or see the youtube videos I get pumped up again. I think I've gotten my "sign" that now is the time to finally pick this up. I have gotten a little bored with The Show(something I thought I would NEVER say). I didnt even pick it up until mid-April this year, when it was always a midnight purchase or Day 1 title for me and Ive played it very little. I think a change of scenery is needed and this seems to it. My main question is I see the WBC was in PYC6 but no mention of it being in 2010. From reading the post from Sprits Translation it seems like thats the best version to start with. Is the WBC mode in 2010? Many thanks in advance...
WBC mode is only in PYS6. Tell you the truth I never play it myself (WBC) but you get more teams for your money. It is basically the same game as 2010. I have them all you can't go wrong with any one that you pick. 5 Kanzenban was ahead of it's time I think some of the face models are as good as this year's game.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9
I just ordered 20011 of eBay for $31.99 wanted 2012 but don't have that kind of money right now...so excited can't wait to get it!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK

NotoriousReignz's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm gonna have to show my love for PYS 5 Kanzenban too, but you can't go wrong with any version, I love them all!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Based on this OS thread, I purchased both 2010 and 2012.

2012 clearly is better in terms of features and graphics. However, it does require a lot more work to figure things out. 2010 is much more streamlined and intuitive in terms of the menus. My 7-year old son figured out how to get a game going on 2010 in a matter of minutes and has been having a blast. If 2012 were in English, I'm sure I would prefer that version but given that I have limited time for gaming and already have MLB 12 The Show, I may just stick with 2010. Hopefully Konami can figure out how to make it dual-language compatible for future releases because it definitely is a neat game.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK

NotoriousReignz's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc22
Based on this OS thread, I purchased both 2010 and 2012.

2012 clearly is better in terms of features and graphics. However, it does require a lot more work to figure things out. 2010 is much more streamlined and intuitive in terms of the menus. My 7-year old son figured out how to get a game going on 2010 in a matter of minutes and has been having a blast. If 2012 were in English, I'm sure I would prefer that version but given that I have limited time for gaming and already have MLB 12 The Show, I may just stick with 2010. Hopefully Konami can figure out how to make it dual-language compatible for future releases because it definitely is a neat game.
Spiritstranslation.com can easily help with that.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 18

Yep. There's like one extra step you have to do to get to the settings menus other than that 2012 is the same. Spirits Translation has all you need to know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »