Home

E3 Grudgematch: Need for Speed Most Wanted vs. Forza Horizon

This is a discussion on E3 Grudgematch: Need for Speed Most Wanted vs. Forza Horizon within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
E3 Grudgematch: Need for Speed Most Wanted vs. Forza Horizon

When I first got my hands on Forza Horizon, all that ran through my mind was how much like an arcade racer it felt. It wasn’t Forza. But thankfully a developer was there to adjust the settings and create a more difficult experience for me (the demo was set to its easy mode apparently). The next day I was finally able to get into Need For Speed: Most Wanted, one of my most anticipated games at E3 this year. Once I was able to drive around in Most Wanted’s world, I knew Forza was nothing near an arcade racer. But still, the two games actually feel like they’re competing with each other for once; that they’re actually targeting the exact same consumer.

So who do I think is going to win this battle? I decided to just roll with a grudgematch … with myself.

Read More - E3 Grudgematch: Need for Speed Most Wanted vs. Forza Horizon
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I've been hoping for the day that Forza would mash up with NFS: Underground 2 & Most Wanted, Horizon looks like it might make that happen.

I'll be getting both, NFS for the arcade fun and cop chases and Horizon for the customization and challenge.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Rookie

KOwusu's Arena

OVR: 2
I remember spending 2 hours customizing decals on NFS: Underground 2
Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: E3 Grudgematch: Need for Speed Most Wanted vs. Forza Horizon

NFS > Burnout so Forza Horizons gets my vote. Horizons looks closer to the classic NFS games than any NFS games of recent memory. Horizons also looks like it might have a soul - unlike the rest of the sterile, lifeless Forza series.

Most Wanted looks exactly like Burnout. Which is good if you are a BO fan but bad if you are a NFS fan. Not even sure I see the point of EA putting the NFS name to these obvious Burnout games. Was Burnout not a well enough known brand? Did they feel two arcade races, all be it fairly distinct from each other, were cannibalizing each other so they shrunk taking the biggest brand name and best developer they had?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #5
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
who even has several friends playing the same game? most of my buddies are videogamers and still it happens quite seldomly that more than maybe one of them plays the same game as me at the same time. i mean we are not 14 anymore, all got jobs, girlfriends etc, just a lot of stuff to do.. of course i have a lot of ppl on my xbl list but its just not as much fun to "compete" against someone i never met in real life-
just wondering if thats significantly different for most of ppl here? i mean i wouldnt get anything much from implementing social media into my sports-games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »