Home

Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again"

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again" within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #41
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
I'm not sure they even did motion capture for BB as evidenced by their running animation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again

The running animations (and all other animations, really) were massively improved from the first console game to the XBLA release of Backbreaker: Vengeance.

I think only the juke move animation still looks weird in Vengeance. All the other special moves look really good.

I especially love the spin move. It's so awesome when a defender grabs a hold of you and you actually spin out of his arms and the defender falls down while still trying to hold onto you.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
All sports games are going to need motion capture animations in some form. They only way RTP will be a success, especially in football is if they blend the usage with traditional "canned" animations. Backbreaker had trouble when Euphoria wasn't in play.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #44
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Backbreaker Developer: "Very Unlikely That We Will Revisit Full-On Football Again

It is diffictult to get rid of mo cap completetly, I agree. For me the use of physics in the most important aspects of the game is crucial. Collisions in a football game being the best example.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #45
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad.Reez
We really need 2K to come back, but they can't seem to pull their heads out of their butt caves. As long as we're stuck with Madden we're screwed.
I was just reading about Take-Two's stocks and how they are among some of the most risky... This isn't because of the prospects of an NFL2K game or even their great NBA series. It is due to the fact that the plus side of investing in them is because of Grand Theft Auto... not sports games.

2K Sports aren't profitable because it is a niche market and their focus on Basketball and Baseball is actually a liability rather than an asset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #46
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19

The thing I like the most about Backbreaker aside from the Physics - the Custom Team editor. Here is a Miracle on Ice tribute video I made:
http://
Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Well, here is Natural Motion's newest title:

It's basically a virtual pet type game.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #48
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Think they had a drag racing game being played on an iPad/iPhone (vs) during the Apple WWDC keynote also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »