Home

Out of the Park 13 Review

This is a discussion on Out of the Park 13 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #41
Rookie

ey215's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Out of the Park 13 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSanta
I just bought the game yesterday and I am hooked. Crazy addicting.

I have a quick question though. Is there a way to make the games/season go by faster? What strategies do you guys use to make progress in a season? Ex. Sim 1 game, play the next, Sim 1 game, etc... Just curious. I guess I like seeing the call ups/prospects in the bigs and stuff.
It really varies user to user. OOTP gives you so many options that you can really tailor your experience how you want it to play out. I know a lot of guys sim a week or month and then play out the playoffs. If you like seeing prospects develop then a month at a time is probably a pretty good way to go.

Really it's down to personal preference and it's hard to give a straight answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #42
MVP

joshuar9476's Arena

OVR: 19

couple of questions ...

#1. Has anyone bought this for linux? If so, does it seem to be on par with the PC reviews?

#2. I bought ootp a few years back and can't remember if it's possible to act as GM/Manager yet have the day to day minor league operation taken care of. I don't really have the patience to micro manage every detail down to low A ball.

Fan of:
Indiana Hoosiers
Cincinnati Reds
Joey Logano
Old 05-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #43
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

1. There's really no effective difference between the PC/Linux/Mac versions, with one exception (licensing).

When you buy the game you get two licenses for installing the game on multiple machines. One version only works on Mac, but the other version can work on either PC or Linux. So if you buy the Linux version, you can use the license to install on a PC if you want/need to (or a 2nd linux machine).

2. Yes, you can delegate various combinations of minor league functions. You can set any or all of the following options to AI control:

a.) promotions and demotions
b.) lineups and depth charts
c.) signings and releases.

If you set all three the AI effectively controls 100% of your minor league system.

There are a couple of settings that can be used to override the AI decisions if you want a little control. You can lock a player into a minor league level, this will stop the AI from promoting or demoting them if you don't want them to (good for top prospects you want to manage yourself). You can also force the AI to start a player at a specific position (for forcing guys to learn new positions, or to get a guy into the lineup that the AI doesn't like for some reason).

Last edited by snepp; 05-22-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #44
MVP

joshuar9476's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
1. There's really no effective difference between the PC/Linux/Mac versions, with one exception (licensing).

When you buy the game you get two licenses for installing the game on multiple machines. One version only works on Mac, but the other version can work on either PC or Linux. So if you buy the Linux version, you can use the license to install on a PC if you want/need to (or a 2nd linux machine).

2. Yes, you can delegate various combinations of minor league functions. You can set any or all of the following options to AI control:

a.) promotions and demotions
b.) lineups and depth charts
c.) signings and releases.

If you set all three the AI effectively controls 100% of your minor league system.

There are a couple of settings that can be used to override the AI decisions if you want a little control. You can lock a player into a minor league level, this will stop the AI from promoting or demoting them if you don't want them to (good for top prospects you want to manage yourself). You can also force the AI to start a player at a specific position (for forcing guys to learn new positions, or to get a guy into the lineup that the AI doesn't like for some reason).
thank you for enlightening me

Fan of:
Indiana Hoosiers
Cincinnati Reds
Joey Logano
Old 06-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 9
I have a iPad would you recommend iOOTP 12/13??
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »