Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #217
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Add mouth guards option to customize player! A lot more players wear them like Josh Hamilton, Elvis Andrus, and Derek meter among others. I wear one when I play and a lot of other hi schoolers are starting to wear one too.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #218
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

- Option to pinch hit for pitcher before he comes to the plate, similar to the option to bring in a reliever before your pitching half of the inning even starts.

- It would be nice to see a little bit more attention paid to pitch repertoires. More 2-seamers as a primary pitch, more 2 and 3 pitch pitchers, realistic fastball/changeup speed differentials, etc.

- Seperate susceptibility to injury and stamina with two different attributes.

- I'd love for rosters to be expanded to include an A ball and Rookie League team, even if there were no team names and they weren't playable. That way, during Franchise we could set their lineups and rotations and watch their simulated stats and attributes develop.

- Can we get some Expos throwback unis for for Nats? I miss the Expos
Old 06-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #219
Rookie

rjackson17's Arena

OVR: 3

I would like to see in next year game 5 umpires for the World Series Game and Rain Delays or Rainouts! That would make the game complete! Plus I like to see in the fanchise mode when you trade a player can you choose cash for the player! In the gameplay mode Please keep Classic for Batting and Pitching!

Thanks,

RJ
Old 06-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #220
Pro

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Different potentials for different ratings; like a ceiling. Things like vision and discipline should be able to progress while things like speed and arm strength should already be at the ceiling.
Vision: Current: 45 Pot: 64
Speed: Current: 76 Pot: 76
Like that.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #221
Rookie

A lot of these suggestions for Franchise mode are really in depth. And, as a gaming company, they probably want to keep it as simple as possible to appeal to as many people as possible, instead of just hardcore baseball fans (such as us). So, there should be difficulties for Franchise! But if you want to do a simple Franchise but play on say Hall of Fame, then you can do that. A difficulty just for the managing aspect of it.

Easy: Easy to trade for good players/high potential players. Potential scale remains the same as now. Less injuries. Easy to sign Free Agents. Simple scouting(automatically have all Potential ratings unlocked).

Medium: Trading and signing Free Agents is a little more difficult. Potential ratings have + and -(A+, A, A-, etc.). Scouting that is a little more in depth, but only players that will be in the current draft.

Hard: Executing trades is like real life: in order to receive best players, you have to trade top prospects, and vice versa. Potential for each seperate attribute (Contact Pot: 90, Power Pot: 75, etc.). Realistic amount and severity of injuries. Hard scouting (have players that might not be in the current draft like it is now, players that may be hard to sign because they are going to college or staying in college). HARD to sign top Free Agents. Have signing bonuses for draft picks. Anything else people have mentioned that might be too in depth for the average person.

And fix CPU trade logic for ALL difficulties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #222
Pro

OVR: 5

This is a simple thing, but it would be a big help when constructing rosters.

Currently one can export from a roster only players not created with SCEA faces. I would like to have the ability to also export players with SCEA faces as it then makes it possible to export such a player from one roster and then import him into another.

Karle
Old 06-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #223
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27

Add extensions in season for players and managers! If you guys did this, it would make the game probably as close to perfect as possible!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #224
Rookie

I would love to see the announcers get updated. In that same area I play franchise and after I win a world series or do anything really I would like to hear the announcers refrence my stats from the year prior not the outdated stats that the game statrted with. Also being that I play franchise I like to go back and lok through all of the players stats from years prior it would be nice to actually be able to pull those up and even see the teams the guy played for. Some roster improvement from year to year would be nice as well. I would also love more fan cut scenes. Have a guy run on the field or just weird stuff in the stands would be fun. I always like that in NHL 09 I think it was during stoppige in play a guy would sometimes propose to a girl and sometimes she said no and the commintators actually commented on it. Doesn't effect the game but I always got a laugh out of it. Lastly I would like suspensions, weather it be for beans or even through in off the field issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »