Home

RateSports Releases "APF 2K13" Mod For All Pro Football 2K8

This is a discussion on RateSports Releases "APF 2K13" Mod For All Pro Football 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: RateSports Releases "NFL 2K13" Mod For All Pro Football 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
This is a known issue and is being worked out for the next release.
I think that I have found the reason for that, and will post when I am 100% sure.
Thank you.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #114
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Changing the Season team's tendencies and playbooks has not been found entirely yet.

If you are referring to changing the User-Control team's playbooks, then I follow what you mean.
I was wondering if you've looked into switching some 3-4 and 4-3 teams. I switched the Bears (who I believe run a 3-4 Zone Blitz playbook in the game) to the Redskins who play a Cover 2 and the game played so much more realistically. Admittedly, this took some work as I had to switch the logos, colors, and rosters (and they still don't have the right names).
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I was wondering if you've looked into switching some 3-4 and 4-3 teams. I switched the Bears (who I believe run a 3-4 Zone Blitz playbook in the game) to the Redskins who play a Cover 2 and the game played so much more realistically. Admittedly, this took some work as I had to switch the logos, colors, and rosters (and they still don't have the right names).
Way too much work to re-create the teams that are already complete. If there is an alternative way, I will look into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #116
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

A lot of times when APF 2K8 freezes in the middle of gameplay it's because of players with certain names.

When a player with one of the "freeze names" takes the field for the first time, the game locks up.

It wouldn't surprise if the Titans had a player on their roster whose name is responsible for freezing the game.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic
Big props for these rosters RS. Breathed life into this game and have made it the first time in a while I'll be playing a season mode of a football game in about 4 years.

A quick question though, is there a way to edit the uniforms through hex? Wanted to change the 49ers socks from the striped ones they wear in the game that are from the 80's uniforms and switch them to the long red ones with the small white part on the ankle they wear today. Is this doable through hex?
You need to create the uniforms you want inside APF 2K8 on a separate roster file. Then copy that uniform data via a hex editing program.

Then boot the RateSports file up in a hex editor and paste your desired uniform data over what exists in the RateSports file.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
A lot of times when APF 2K8 freezes in the middle of gameplay it's because of players with certain names.

When a player with one of the "freeze names" takes the field for the first time, the game locks up.

It wouldn't surprise if the Titans had a player on their roster whose name is responsible for freezing the game.
This could be true in certain circumstances but in this one, it wasn't the case. I have fixed the issue and will release a file by the end of next week.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #119
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Are there any sliders anyone can recommend for this roster?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #120
MVP

OVR: 15

Can you release information about how you guys made all theses teams, players, etc?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »