Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I would like to see the outfielders NOT play the ball perfectly off the walls every time. That is all.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #178
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. Would like to start a season and skip spring training without having to do a work around to keep lineups intact

2. Less spectacular diving catches and less Willie Mays over the shoulder catches. They happen too much imo

3. OF depth sometimes seems off. RF plays shallow quite a bit even against lefty power hitters

4. Ability to re name save files
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #179
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

As has been mentioned many times, improve trade logic. I'm at the end of May in my franchise and Lester, Cano, Pujols, Wainwright are just some of the guys on the trading block. Really?

A little thing - and maybe the technology isn't there to do this - but I'd prefer having rendered faces than photos. It loses some atmosphere when I trade for a guy and he's still wearing his former team's cap. Yeah, it's a little thing and I'm a little OCD about these things.

I still wouldn't mind pitch speed being slowed down a tad more, although I know that can affect the balance of the game.

Ability to pick my own start time in a franchise. Maybe give us the option to have 1 p.m., 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. games.

Little things for the most part. There's not much to nitpick about with this series.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #180
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Honestly all I want is a create a team option to move into a franchise ( ala all star baseball )
Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #181

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond
He does, if you hit a HR with a ChiSox player, he will say it on occasion. I've also heard him say "He gone!" after striking out an Angel but the "He gone!" comment was on The Show 2011 for PSP.

Few other things I would like to see:

1. more team specific sayings like those mentioned above when it comes to their home announcers.

2. idle chat because that's what the announcers do in baseball. I like how they used to talk about advertisements in Triple Play. Remember Lobster Cola? How about solicit real companies to plug in the game like State Farm already does?

3. I would like to see more realistic deflections off the pitcher. Seems every time I deflect a hit off him, it bounces 90* to either the 1st baseman or 3rd baseman.

4. less successful diving catches by the computer, it's pretty ridiculous how often they make diving catches.

5. less successful Willie Mays style catches, full run over the shoulder type of stuff.

6. ability to turn player fatigue off. We have options for everything else. Why not this?

7. have seat additions actually reflected in the game log.

8. more realistic crowd reactions.

9. build a team/stadium.

10. players throw the ball into the stands after an inning is through.
I agree with the bold. I had one inning where no lie, all 3 outs were diving catches by the CPU. It is pretty ridiculous at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #182
Rookie

MLBfanatic97's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't care if the graphics are the same form MLB 08 the Show.
If MLB 13 The Show were available on the PS2, I would run to the Sony San Diego Studios and get down on my knees and kiss the feet of every person that works on the game.
And I wouldn't have to spend those $290 on the PS3.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #183
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

My baseball gaming needs are satisfied for life if they never released another baseball game. MLB 12 is good enough!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:18 AM   #184
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
$299+$59.99 FOR GAME+$40 atleast for a 2nd controller that is well over $400. Even without the extra controller when you do the 7% TAX where I live it is $380+. Just not worth it for a game that way too many people say they have internet problems with
Havent read the whole thread, so not sure if this was mentioned, but the 160GB is only $250.....and there's no sales tax if you order from Amazon...

I just bought my PS3 a couple months go for The Show and it was worth every single penny, and I don't even play online.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-30-2012 at 01:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »