Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #81
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
To draw in a larger crowd, I would like to see:

Sliders be more responsive. We need a larger scale than 0-10. Make it so that those with slower hand-eye coordination can still pull a fastball. On default or higher, the game can be very challenging.

Playoff Mode. For those that don't want the grind of Franchise/Season, or just want to re-create playoffs from years past (would be huge for classic rosters. I can already imagine re-creating the 1986 playoffs) this would be a nice addition.

More stat overlays. MLB 12 did add more, but there's room for additional stats and standings overlays.

Keep the Beginner, Inermediate and Experienced difficulty game settings. I love this about FIFA, as it helps newcomers to the series figure out where to start and gives room for growth.

All the Little Things and overall gameplay will sell The Show. These steps could help sell more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #82
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Online team play.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #83
MC2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

When will The Show get the contract with MLB? So it can do all the stuff with the rosters that 2K can do.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. Update managers/coaches (Full staff) and let us edit them. (Age, record, stats, etc...)
2. Edit potential and service time and stats for players (So we can create MiLB Free Agents)
3. Fix retirements system (Talk out of retirement or people retire after no offers)
4. Edit contracts by year (Team/Vesting/Player Options, realistic salaries
5. Edit draft pool before franchise.
6. 3D hair (Shaggy hairstyles)
Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #85
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Actually, PS3's are down to 299.99 btw..
Yeah, when I got mine, the deal at Gamestop was $250.00 and that included the 320GB HD, Uncharted 3 and a choice of either Arkham City or Mortal Kombat Ultimate Edition... so with The Show it was like $310.00 and tax, walking with 3 games and the biggest HD they make...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #86
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
$299+$59.99 FOR GAME+$40 atleast for a 2nd controller that is well over $400. Even without the extra controller when you do the 7% TAX where I live it is $380+. Just not worth it for a game that way too many people say they have internet problems with
Thanks for completely ignoring my post.... the online play is actually some of the most stable I've ever seen in any platform, except something like WoW... again, the only time I'm really ever experiencing connection issues is against babies who pull their cord -- and that's prevalent in any online game..
Old 05-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #87
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by go tribe
Fix franchise - it needs an overhaul

the playoffs are messed up - not just that they don't have the new rules, they don't do HFA the correct way

30 team control is a crutch for them not being able to improve lineup and trade AI

get rid of training or make it more meaningful - or hey, put out a guide as to what each session does to each attribute

get rid of transportation

fix the problems with throws taking forever because a fielder has to finish an animation

add attendance to the box score so you can see if promotions worked without playing the game

get rid of erik karros

give campbell a ton of new lines or replace him

add espn or mlb network presentation - do NOT add chris berman

let us see boxscores in playoff games - wtf is up with that? i JUST noticed that

improve scouting, especially the first year when you can only scout so many players so most of the draft is a crapshoot

allow you to go from one player to another from within the player card screens somehow without exiting out of one player and then selecting another and hitting triangle

adopt the MVP feature that let you cycle through the pitch sequence for each at bat for each batter while they are at the plate, not just the last at bat

give the option to export data to a txt file on a usb stick

give an internet based franchise portal like ncaa (except one that actually works)

improve the player faces -this might have been their worst year yet at this

give us a really nice way to compare two players
I'm sorry but "fix franchise -- it needs an overhaul" ought to be ignored... what exactly needs to be overhauled, its arguably the best franchise mode available in any sports game... maybe some examples?

Training -- when you work out in real life does it print you a detailed list of how your muscles were affected? The on-screen help does let you know exactly what each training session affects, and not knowing exactly how much to train is one of the variables that MLB teams have to deal with. Why would it just be scrapped? Same with transportation -- while I agree that all MLB teams obviously fly, the expenses do belong in an "owner mode." If you want to say that they need to do more to make the business aspects affect the gameplay more (if you're a shrewd GM, you get extra money on your budget for MAKING money) then I would agree with that. My point is that there definitely are some of us out there who really enjoy those aspects.

I agree with a lot of your other ideas, for the record... just hate it when people say "scrap it" to things that a great deal of us get enjoyment out of.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #88
Rookie

tlobster12's Arena

OVR: 7

What is 2k able to do with the rosters that the show can't do because of not having full licensing with the MLB?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »