Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. I always abandon RTTS because it's just so predictable and redundant. That's a function of baseball being a really long season, but there's just so much untapped potential in that mode. I hate the "goals" stuff, but I see their function. I would much rather that you improve based on experience, but I can see the logic in the points system. I would like to have some more RPG elements in the game - give me something to do with my money, for one. Let me interact with coaches, agents, other players, etc. Make RTTS feel like you're living the life of a player, not just playing an endless string of games and practices and allocating points after said games and practices.

2. An evolving league, like in OOTP. I understand that some of that stuff is impossible (like moving teams and such), but evolving divisions, rules, and player types would be really cool.

3. I'd do unspeakable things for a hitter's eye system a la MVP. I realize that not everyone likes it, but I would love the option.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Assign a programmer to make manage mode enhancements/fixes. I'd like to see more stats such as showing how batters fare against certain pitchers and vice versa. Do a better job of rating players so they perform more true-to-life. More stadiums, old-time and minor league. Get a contract from MILB so you can include real minor league players.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8

I love The Show but there is still a lot it could do to improve;

1) Fix the menus and interface. For instance, transferring players from minors/majors should be able to be done side-by-side, the way you sub players during a game. Checking league leaders involves multiple screens. Just fix the amount of clicks and effort it takes to do simple tasks.

2) I second the MVP batter's eye request. There needs to be a more realistic way to identify pitches, especially with good hitters.

3) Change guess pitch so you don't see the result until the ball leaves the pitcher's hand. That's a lot more realistic.

4) Get pulse pitching results with analog. I love the difficulty of pulse but miss the motion of analog. I would love to have the analog indicator have the same variability as pulse, but with the analog results playing into the accuracy. Maybe have the indicator be a bit jumpy when pitchers don't have great control, are in a pressure situation, etc.

5) Please use a batting indicator for zone that doesn't look like it was ported from the Atari 2600.

6) Playoff mode!

7) Individualize training a little more, kind of the way NBA 2k has practice focus. Right now there's more detail to selling merchandise than actually training your players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3
Full branding! Nike,Adidas,Rawlings on cleats,underneath T's and gloves. Also would be nice if you could customize your own billboard advertising in the stadiums. Agree with the majority on commentary. Get that guy from Toronto Buck Martinez and now that 2k is dead,bring over Gary Thorne. That would cure the commentary blues for sure.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #37
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando70
I love The Show but there is still a lot it could do to improve;

2) I second the MVP batter's eye request. There needs to be a more realistic way to identify pitches, especially with good hitters.

7) Individualize training a little more, kind of the way NBA 2k has practice focus. Right now there's more detail to selling merchandise than actually training your players.
I love #7, I mentioned something along these lines in a thread I made a looong time ago, it would basically be the RTTS training modes incorporated into franchise. The problem is there are 90 players in an organization (wishing for more!) compared to 12(?) in basketball, maybe leave it the way it is now but have it separate for each affiliate, then incorporate the RTTS style training as an opportunity to gain bonus points 5 times a month or something along those lines.

As far as #2, I'm not a fan of the flashing colors since it makes the game more "video-gamey"... Instead, I would like to be able to see noticeable spin differences and release points, with an accompanying deception rating or variable arm speeds based on effort. An all white baseball is a 4-seam, 1 red line is a 2-seam, a red dot is a slider, etc.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 11
I know it's minor in someways buy I think it's time for a new world series celebration one with a trophy presentation this time around
Old 05-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 2
Lag free online play, Classic teams,Classic stadiums, the ability to play a game uder 20 minutes (preferrably 15 minutes or less), new commentary, online play where you can't use the same stud pitcher every time, loosen up the control of your guy on defense, mini games or exapnded "challenges of the week" (sort of like what MVP had)....
Old 05-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am not buying a PS3 and spending $400 for one game that has its own online issues. Everytime I have asked a reliable Show guy they tell me it has online issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »