Home

OS Roundtable: Our First Impressions of Madden's Features

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Our First Impressions of Madden's Features within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OS Roundtable: Our First Impressions of Madden's Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Agreed. IMO if they change the running styles to make it so ALL the players have to plant their feet/shift momentum, I cannot explain how much better the game will play.

I do not understand how the most basic aspect of ANY SPORT, ESPECIALLY football (movement), is so mis represented. This should be the number one aspect of the game they should have worked on, as the game of football is all about angles, speed, momentum. It is mind boggling!!
Well with this new development team I am sure they would have had this fixed already, but seeing as we are now at the end of the console's lifespan and this is the new dev team's first year on Madden and Cam Weber's first Madden, I think they decided just to wait to implement the all new gameplay engine for the next console. Otherwise it would be inexcusable for a team that is so committed to improving gameplay first and foremost and doubled the size of their gameplay team as their first move.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well with this new development team I am sure they would have had this fixed already, but seeing as we are now at the end of the console's lifespan and this is the new dev team's first year on Madden and Cam Weber's first Madden, I think they decided just to wait to implement the all new gameplay engine for the next console. Otherwise it would be inexcusable for a team that is so committed to improving gameplay first and foremost and doubled the size of their gameplay team as their first move.

Makes perfect sense. I was just saying back when this generation started, somewhere between then and now they should have invested a good ammount of money into a movement system. I understand that I am preaching to the choir but it just my mind how a game developer couldnt think of this.

When are the new consoles supposed to be coming out anyways?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Makes perfect sense. I was just saying back when this generation started, somewhere between then and now they should have invested a good ammount of money into a movement system. I understand that I am preaching to the choir but it just my mind how a game developer couldnt think of this.

When are the new consoles supposed to be coming out anyways?
No, you're not preaching to the choir, it was in the "rushed" version of nex gen madden before they scrapped that engine! Ever since then its been non existent.

I remember it vividly on the N64 as there was foot planting or what seemed like it back then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Man I wish EA would fix that "Skating" issue so you guys would shut up. It's not the same old, same old just because they didn't take care of one thing.
In this one feature it is...unless it's changed?

If the zig zag running is still there - how is it different? The WHOLE GAME isn't the same, but this aspect is.

Hopefully, though, something will happen with it. It's not enough to make me say "Screw M13", though. I'm interested in how the read/react plays out alone too much to say that at this point.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #13
MVP

Cleats not iceskates in 2014!!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #14
Rookie

dcurtisleon's Arena

i all understand where you all comeing from. but you have to give both games madden and ncca a little credit for trying to get better and wait untill e3 in june to give them a judgement on. this is not the finshed product and i hope that ncca 13 bring back the 12 team or however how many teams within your dynasty mode . if they do that then i give it the thumbs up. because a lot of people want to play online with the mode like it was. as far as 2k12 its was okey but really bad no real new features and the same game play,crowd recation the same kinda dull. nhl 12 was great wwe 12 was great as well . all nhl 13 needs mulit-team be a gm mode of all32 teams
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
In this one feature it is...unless it's changed?

If the zig zag running is still there - how is it different? The WHOLE GAME isn't the same, but this aspect is.

Hopefully, though, something will happen with it. It's not enough to make me say "Screw M13", though. I'm interested in how the read/react plays out alone too much to say that at this point.
Yeah despite that wart and it is a big one I still had fun with Madden 12 up to a point. If the new features are implemented well (read/react AI, pass ready wr/db, pass trajectories, all new presentation) and they fixed tackling (wraparounds, multiple hits) which for is what ultimately killed Madden 12 for me, then I may be a buyer this year.

All of us would love real player movement (physics). And for some it is a must to even consider the game. I can respect that point of view. For me and many others though we can have fun with Madden despite some of it's obvious flaws
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, no feature is worth its weight until the players move & interact like they should.

20+ pass trajectories, read & react(did Madden change the meaning of this football term?), improved defensive alignment, etc. You can't play football with twitchy players that interact more like Tecmo than anything I'd expect in 2012.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »