Home

MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions

Again who said they couldnt mention the patch???
Mention it all they want but the REVIEW should be strictly on how it was released.
And once again I'll say a review could then be done later once patch is done. Then any issues the patches cause, if any, can be mentioned also.

Lastly how many times was a reviewer blasted for not mentioning a glitch that was later noticed after review? Then this issue was fixed in a patch later. Wonder how many of those "your review sucked" posters went back and appoligized to reviewer because the issue was fixed. I never seen anyone tell a reviewer its ok to not mention an issue because a patch will fix it.
Bottom line is every game is going to get a patch to fix issues but how the games was shipped is just as equally important to report as is what any subsequent patches fix.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 03-11-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I will make mention of the 360 patch, and the upcoming PS3 patch.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
Banned

22cowboys22's Arena

OVR: 8
i dont think mlb2k12 is as bad as these reviewers are making it out to be.yes mlb the show is better and i know that but just about everyone thats reviewing the show says a lot of the game is like last yrs effort so to me that means it sucks cause for what ever reason im bored with the show by the 20th game.the commentary is very dry and the stat overlay graphics and stats for that matter have a boring presentation to them and their not as robust as mlb2k12 is and mlb2k12's commentary is a joy to listen to and keeps your interest in the game and at least this yr the game is playable from start to finish no stupid bugs to interfere with gameplay as far as i know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why can't 2K make MLB2K12 more like NBA2K12? NBA2K12 is the benchmark for all sports games, including Madden. You would think it shouldn't be that hard since they're both made by the same company.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #37
Rookie

IceCool183's Arena

OVR: 0
2ks baseball game is alright, the my player mode is ok, but the player faces u have to choose from are scary lol, it just kills me they bread and butter the nba 2k seris and i know its great but come on 2k put a lil more effort into ur other sports games..
Old 03-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #38
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10
So this review is on a PS3 and the frame rate issue may not exist on the 360? Anybody buying the PC one?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCool183
2ks baseball game is alright, the my player mode is ok, but the player faces u have to choose from are scary lol, it just kills me they bread and butter the nba 2k seris and i know its great but come on 2k put a lil more effort into ur other sports games..
scary is being kind.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelkatana
I wasnt real impressed with the demo of mlb2k12. But I dropped in to a best buy, and saw they had the full game to demo at the store. I played as the angels against the marlins at the new marlins stadium. And I really enjoyed it. It was fun to play, and I shopped around and found a guy selling a used copy of mlb2k12. I got it to the house and am really happy with it. I am eager to see the new rookies like the cuban cespedes, and yu darvish when they get added to the rosters in mlb. Apparently new players must be approved by mlb and be active in real season games before they can be added. But in any case the game is fun. I have never played the show, but since I have a 360 I dont have the option, and I am not gonna buy a ps3 just for one game. I am looking forward to next season to see what happens when more developers allowed to make mlb games. I hope the nfl and ncaa opens up their licensing as well.
Are you suggesting that the demo available off the PS3 Store is not representative of the retail release? Sorry, I don't buy it. I just played the demo last night, half and inning is ALL I NEEDED to see that very little was changed to the game. I've been playing baseball games for many, many years and so I don't need to spend a lot of time with a product to pick up its flaws (of which there are obviously many in MLB 2K12). My wife says that I'm too analytical and detail oriented, but hey ... it helps when it comes to determining which games are stinkers, and which ones aren't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »