Home

MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
After a few games with the demo I noticed one glitch that was very frustrating. On multiple occasions there was a runner on first and a double play ball was hit to my second baseman, as I charged the ball I pushed up to throw to my shortstop to turn a double play and my second baseman threw home to the catcher. Has anyone else encountered this? Know its the demo but hope this is not a glitch when the retail version comes out. Also almost every time I hit a foul ball, there is a framerate hiccup, this has also happend numerous times on a hit. Again , know it is the demo c'mon man! This has been a nagging issue for years with this game. I am a PS3 owner and love the hitting and pitching but the framerate hiccups are a killer!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #34
Banned

cardattack's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

I agree with the staff writeups. While I do prefer the Show over 2k series, it has nothing to do with 2k being a terrible game. It's more preference and familiarity that cause me to prefer one to the other.

However, with that said, the strides this series is making are noticeable and with the handful of games I've played with the demo, really bring this series closer to where we as fans expect it to be.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #35
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
The only thing this game has over the Show is Busch Stadium and downtown St. Louis.
Commentary, Trading, Stat Overlays from 2k12 blow The Show out of the water. In fact it's not even close man. Not saying that this means a great deal, but don't say the only thing it has over The Show is the stadium and downtown St Louis.

I have both systems. Still deciding which game to buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 17
How could MLB2k12 be one of your most anticipated titles of the year? Do you ever leave the house? SMH
Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #37

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
How could MLB2k12 be one of your most anticipated titles of the year? Do you ever leave the house? SMH
what he probably meant was he really wanted to see where the game would be at.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #38
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I mean, is it just me or does anyone else hate the hitting system in the 2k franchise. To be fair, I haven't played the demo this year, but I've at least rented the game the last several years, and the batting just flat out isn't fun or rewarding to me. It really just seems to be all about timing, along with not swinging at balls out of the strike zone. The step timing with the right stick is cool and all, but the left stick HAS TO determine where the swing is aimed, in my opinion at least.

I really haven't enjoyed a baseball game since MVP (I don't have PS3 guys, relax), but I used to love that game b/c you had to learn the break on certain pitches, and if you didn't get your cursor in the right spot, you wouldn't hit the ball. If you were waiting on a 12-6 curve and saw a high changeup instead, you were going to look foolish. It was really hard at times, but soooooooooo much more satisfying when you really made good contact. I used to get pumped up about every ball I hit hard on MVP, even the ones that were caught. From what I've seen, The Show basically combines the best of both of these games in their batting interface. Maybe 2k should just tip their cap and follow suit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »