Home

MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
LMAO, at anybody thinking the Show has better presentation. Some of you guys are as lost as they come. 2K clearly has better commentary and presentation than the Show and that is undisputed.
Why ? Cause you say so ? People will have opinions that differ from your's. No matter how pompously and arrogantly you state your's, it doesn't make it a fact.

The fact that you're so vehement about something so minuscule says more than your actual words do.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
I was disappointed with the demo. I found the framerate to be extremely choppy. The same ol hit variety... none. What bothered me the most and i know its piddly but Loshe throws his fastball yet molina fires the return to the pitcher twice as fast. An infield single saw a baserunner in fair territory after passing the bag. Which should allow for a tag out. I can not believe 2k still hasn't figured this animation out yet. I was hoping for a step up but it seems they have gone backwards again. The lack of body types makes it very tough to view this as an upgrade as well. I do like the new throwing meter but it seems that baserunner speed will need seriously adjusted again. I may pick it up after it hits 30 bucks but i cant see it being worth the full 60 price tag.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I did find it funny that it was mentioned that The Show had better presentation, but everyone has their own opinion. To me, last year's baseball game had the best presentation in any sports game, and so far from what we've seen, this year's game is improving even more.

I also enjoyed last year's game and though there were no major improvements or innovations, there were a lot of little improvements that are easily going to add up this year. I'm definitely getting the game. It took a lot of little steps forward and as far as I can tell, took none backwards. I'll take a great number of small improvements over trying to do too much and having another NCAA 12 type turnout.

― Plato
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thought the roundtable comments were pretty spot on. I have a PS3 and chose 2k11 last year over the Show because I felt it was getting stale. I see from most of the videos of the Show that the commentary has not changed much, which I feel is a strong area for the 2k series. I still have problems with the overall look of 2k12. I know its just a demo, but to still have framerate issues during foul balls and even some when getting a hit is just unacceptable. Played a game in the demo, Wainwright was pitching for the Cardinals and it looked nothing like him! Love the analog hitting and the pitching mechanics in 2k but just don't know if I can shell out $60 for this game again. I am going to wait to see a few of the reviews, I want to like 2k12 but right now I am leaning towards going back to the Show. I think it might be time for a change next year and I would love to see EA get back into MLB games. The MVP series is still one of the best IMO and I think the Show would have some great competition from EA or at least have to deal with the one nagging issue with that series, the commentary.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheth
Thought the roundtable comments were pretty spot on. I have a PS3 and chose 2k11 last year over the Show because I felt it was getting stale. I see from most of the videos of the Show that the commentary has not changed much, which I feel is a strong area for the 2k series. I still have problems with the overall look of 2k12. I know its just a demo, but to still have framerate issues during foul balls and even some when getting a hit is just unacceptable. Played a game in the demo, Wainwright was pitching for the Cardinals and it looked nothing like him! Love the analog hitting and the pitching mechanics in 2k but just don't know if I can shell out $60 for this game again. I am going to wait to see a few of the reviews, I want to like 2k12 but right now I am leaning towards going back to the Show. I think it might be time for a change next year and I would love to see EA get back into MLB games. The MVP series is still one of the best IMO and I think the Show would have some great competition from EA or at least have to deal with the one nagging issue with that series, the commentary.
PLEASE do yourself a favor and go back to The Show! It's an absolute no-brainer for PS3 owners. If they made The Show for Xbox, no one would buy 2K. (To anybody wondering, that's never gonna happen because The Show is made by Sony.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfazyankees
PLEASE do yourself a favor and go back to The Show! It's an absolute no-brainer for PS3 owners. If they made The Show for Xbox, no one would buy 2K. (To anybody wondering, that's never gonna happen because The Show is made by Sony.)
Opinions buddy, we all have them.

― Plato
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #23
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Rule #1: no comparisons between th two games.

What does everyone do? Make comparisons...*smh*

C'mon guys it's a demo round table. Unless you got something constructive to say about the demo then don't post at all.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #24
Rookie

cbnj06's Arena

OVR: 2

For the people who have Playstation, why would you even consider buying 2k when you have The Show available. Pretty much us 360 users are stuck with 2k until someone else starts developing baseball games. Hopefully EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »