Home

MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

Several of our staff writers recently shared their thoughts on what they think of the MLB 2K12 demo, read on to get their impressions!

Read More - MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
I agree with what most of you guys have said... I enjoy the demo and it still has its fun factor but the post play animations really hurt the realistic play IMO. Also, as mentioned the player model graphics really need to take a huge leap forward if there is a MLB2k13. That is my biggest disappointment so far with the demo.

I would like to know if there are any major or minor differences that we will see from in the retail version verses the demo? Any ideas? Thanks,Blitz
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
I thought all these comments pretty much summed up my impressions. Very fair, and surprisingly optimistic consider some of the negative banter being thrown around the forums. As always, remember it's JUST a demo and obviously not the final product. Only a few more days to go!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Banned

erica 69's Arena

OVR: 0
i am going to buy both games just not out the box . this days sports games all need patches before they are done games . this coming from a 40year old men and his wife .
Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

Cant wait for this game this is my first baseball game since ea mvp baseball w/ johnson on the cover. super stoked to play with my diamondbacks

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Roundtable

a lot more smoother this year: grammar fail?

but im in the same boat as you guys, i'm not blown away this year by far. but last year i said if they can polish up the bugs and give us a shiny new presentation then i'd buy again. on top of that they added the pitching changes plus variety in hits.

i put in alot of time with 2k11 last year, and if this is as good as it sounds then i'm gonna be satisfied
Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
I rather wait for the game too drop but idk if I will pick this title up this year since I am moving out too arizona in a month and 2 days from now.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 12
Hey guys!! I remember when I was a kid in the Dominican Republic, playing Baseball for me was not only a hobby but it was everything. I had nothing else to play with but a bat and a baseball.
I grew up playing baseball there, then I came to the United State when I was 10 years old. That was in 1990.. now Im 31.. anyways.. I played in middle school down here in Miami. I was the best of my class. Then I moved to Seattle. My dad used to work in Alaska so I Jumped to High School there. (EverGreen Senior High)I played shortstop and second base, Alex Rodriguez was my MLB IDOL back then. After 3 1/2 years I received a scholarship to play for the UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD. But then I hurt my left knee in a terrible injury during a Double Play.

Now that you Guys know my Baseball Background..
TIME FOR MY IMPRESSION ON MLB 2K12 DEMO....

Seriously 2K???
(1st.) Let me start with the Good things in the demo.. The Pitching is Great.. The Release of the Picher looks Good and the Stats Overlays are on point.. I really like the feature of setting your feet to throw.. I really Like the Variety of hits in the game... With that been said lets jump to the Bad side of the Demo...
(2nd) THE ANIMATIONS on the game are terrible.. I mean even RUNNING the bases looks off... THE OUTFIELDERS dont even hop the right way before throwin to second the animation there its just an OUTFIELDER using his arm to throw the ball to second base or cutoff man its just plain bad..( EVERY BASEBALL player ON every positions uses his body and arm to balance the thow.. in this game all that is missing... THE BODY TYPES of the players are not well represented, for some reason the pichers always has the ball in his hands when the mayority of pitchers carry the ball on their gloves... THE INFIELDERS dont aproach the ball the right way and when they throw to the bases they dont even do a pre-set before throwing with time..(( A Pre-set its based on 5 steps?? 1st) Gather the ball. 2nd) set your shoulders. 3rd) pump fake at least once OR TWICE for more accuracy. 4th) set your feet. 5th) throw to base..))
I give the DEMO A (( 6.5 out 10..))

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »