Home

Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #65
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show

I'm thinking of rolling with the O's this year. Purely from a ball park and uniform point of view though. I don't know much about their rotation or lineup though. Maybe someone who knows could dill me in?

If I can get used to the uni's then maybe Miami too as their stadium looks amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #66
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
Since we are all naming line ups here.. like everyone cares.

Kinsler
Young
Hammy
Beltre
Cruz
Napoli
Murph
Moreland
Andrus

That's 8 potential 20 home run hitters.. Best line up in baseball.
I prefer...nevermind, you're right
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers
Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0
What about the Tribe?!?!?!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #68
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
Since we are all naming line ups here.. like everyone cares.

Kinsler
Young
Hammy
Beltre
Cruz
Napoli
Murph
Moreland
Andrus

That's 8 potential 20 home run hitters.. Best line up in baseball.
Hart
Morgan
Braun
Ramirez
Weeks
Gamel
Gonzalez
Lucroy

Brewers lineup can do that too... Everyone in this lineup but Morgan has the potential to hit 20 HR's.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #69
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
Since i pretty much suck at this game i decided to go down to Rookie default and have to admit I'm having a blast. Michael Choice my young center fielder is a stud. I also brought in Troy Glaus as my DH. He is just a beast. I know, i know, "everyone is a beast on rookie."
I know this is off topic, but Michael Choice is one of my favorite baseball players. I actually met him on campus when we were at UTA, and he's a class act. I remember sitting on the first base side during a game against Houston Baptist at night in February (the temp had to be just above freezing). Before he came up to bat, his grandmother was sitting right next to the dugout and was telling him what he needed to do; he ended up batting a run in. Even though he plays for Oakland, I'll root for him.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the Indians are going to surprise people this year. We have some amazing young guys that are still in it for the love and not just the money, they have nothing to lose and personally I see more passion in the eyes of Indians players than I do almost every other team. People already think Detroit has won the Central Division, but I personally think they won't do as well as last year, even with the almighty Prince Fielder. Verlander will not have another 24 win year, Valverde will not have another perfect season, and I doubt even Miggy Cab will have another MVP quality season. Not too mention Fielder moved to a Stadium with a VERY deep center field. I imagine his homerun numbers are going to drop by a decent margin. Also have to take into consideration that Miggy at 3rd means a slightly worse infield defensively.

While the Indians have some great up and coming pitchers like Tomlin and Masterson, (I personally expect Tomlin to have an amazing year). Jimenez played some quality winter ball this year, so I expect him to be at least closer to his 2010 season, rather than his subpar 2011 season. We just signed Kotchman for 1st base, which some say is a risk, but he got lasek surgery before last season and because of that he hit .306 BA not too mention he is considered one of the best defensive 1st basemen ever. We finally got some quality minor depth for when sizemore eventually gets hurt (I give it about two weeks into the real season). We also signed Russ Canzler who was International MVP for minor leagues last season. And we have one of the most consistent, good bullpens in the MLB.

In short, keep an eye out for Josh Tomlin, Jason Kipnis, Ubaldo Jimenez, Carlos Santana, Asdrubal Cabrera, Russ Canzler, and Casey Kotchman.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

homer: RED SOX ALL THE WAY non homer: Miami, Angels and Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #72
Rookie

earp4530's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hart
Morgan
Braun
Ramirez
Weeks
Gamel
Gonzalez
Lucroy

Brewers lineup can do that too... Everyone in this lineup but Morgan has the potential to hit 20 HR's.
I do like Aramis Ramirez..pushin it with lucroy being that he hit 4 his first year and 12 last year, also Brauns out fifty games.. however will still hit twenty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »