Home

Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #41
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Five Teams to Be Excited About in MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce
Yup, I know. Just thought it was funny that Darvish would be the first name mentioned in the article, and the one player who can't be in the game until the first roster update after opening day.
Ok bro... I got you now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #42
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
My grandfather and dad are diehard Yankees fans so naturally I am a Yankees fan as well. Last year I used them and went about re-signing guys and building from within and not trying to sign anyone or trade anyone except when they made moves. But when I play a video game I love having a young team. The Yankees are anything but that so this year I may do the same and "rebuild" even though they really don't need it quite yet. The day Mariano Rivera retires the landscape will change dramatically. Soriano will more than likely become the closer, and I believe it will lead to some other interesting changes as well.
Yea I'm just jumping the gun. The next couple years will be big though for the franchise, Posada retired and I don't see Jeter or Rivera staying much longer. To me those three are the face of the Yankees because I grew up watching them.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5
Dodger Blue Baby!

We have the reigning Cy Young Award winner in Kershaw, and the guy who SHOULD have won the NL MVP (Kemp). That's a great core, making The Blue a serious contender in the west this year.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
It's tough being an A's fan and an MLB Show fan...it's such a great game but it's tough to enjoy it when every player has crappy ratings because either a) they are crappy or b) they are unproven and therefore crappy rating...
I feel you, I've been an A's fan since, well a baby (pics to prove it.) Last years game was incredible, and thanks to solid pitching, speed, the addition of DeJesus, Willingham and Matsui, the A's were actually a fun team to play with. This year however I feel like playing with the A's will be nothing but frustration. Pitching staff is depleted, top hitters have left us, fielding will be atrocious, etc. Guess I'll be running a multi-team season to really appreciate this game.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

Been a Mets fan since the 80s but i'm not really interested in using them in the game. I'm actually intrigued by the Nationals. They have a good up and coming team and a decent ballpark. Plus I get to visit all the other NL east ballparks on a regular basis. I'll probably sim when they play the Mets though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #46
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Dee
Been a Mets fan since the 80s but i'm not really interested in using them in the game. I'm actually intrigued by the Nationals. They have a good up and coming team and a decent ballpark. Plus I get to visit all the other NL east ballparks on a regular basis. I'll probably sim when they play the Mets though.
I was thinking the same but I may just stick with the mets, keep my salary under 90mm and see what it is like to play with a small market club lol
Old 02-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenngoldbaseball
I can't believe that A's didn't make the top five. I mean who wouldn't want to play a team that could be beaten by most other teams' AAA clubs, including the Sacramento River cats. The A's are for those people who have mastered the legend difficulty, swat over 50 home runs a year for each of your nine starters and maybe even a bench player, can pitch more no hitters than most guys can get saves, and are looking for a true challenge. There must be at least one of you out there.
I concur with this message!

Plus, the uni color scheme is totally 70's, very "responsive chord" / nostalgic for...well...me!

Nats are fun for similar challenge...plus you don't have the DH and lots of uni choices...
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #48
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I'll most likely be using the Tigers as a Tiger fan. I do like NL play though. Late game subs are fun and I had a lot of fun with the Reds in a past season. I love A T& T park in SF and would love to do a franchise there as well although that lineup could use one more good bat in the OF to entice me. Maybe I will run with two franchises but I don't normally have the time for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »