Home

A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 10
Unless the MLB team can fix the online issues the game will still be on my "no buy" list. Offline the game is great, but playing the CPU does not keep my interest. I know baseball is a timing based sport, which makes playing online difficult. But these guys should be sharp enough to come up with something to improve the performance so playing their game online is enjoyable. The strikeout levels and low batting averages online the last couple of years is ridiculous. Anyway that is my two cents.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #74
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
To me, Campbell seems to be the odd man out now and the next that should get replaced.
Tough crowd!

I just started with MLB 10 last year, so all these guys haven't gotten so stale for me yet, though what they actually say necessarily become stale being repeated over and over; but I don't know how that can be avoided it. Heck I didn't even think Rex was that bad... he at least added a completely different personality which is often nice...

Repeaters and those who buy the game every few years might have a different view on how quickly these guys go stale. Just saying...
Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #75
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Tough crowd!

I just started with MLB 10 last year, so all these guys haven't gotten so stale for me yet, though what they actually say necessarily become stale being repeated over and over; but I don't know how that can be avoided it. Heck I didn't even think Rex was that bad... he at least added a completely different personality which is often nice...

Repeaters and those who buy the game every few years might have a different view on how quickly these guys go stale. Just saying...
Yeah, I wouldn't say Soup is terrible. He is more of a victim of selected lines and actual delivery, much like Rex was. Rex was kind of a love/hate deal, depending on how you were doing at the time in the game .

I thought that Matt's jokes about Rex were very funny tho!

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #76
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think the team is very capable, as is. The sound has been remastered for '12, so that should help with the "sound & feel" aspect of the commentary. And the flow/cohesiveness/dead air hopefully is improved too.

I say this because Vasgersian and Karros did the Cubs @ Red Sox (FOX) game back on May 21st, and I thought they did a very good job together and a had a good chemistry going.
The team is very capable. I really have no problems with what is said or how it's said. I just get tired of listening to one crew, over and over. If you ever played NCAA Basketball 10, the best thing in that game was having two commentating crews. It kept it fresh.

With only one, how can you expect not to get a little tired of it after a while. Honestly, the same can be said for any sports game really. But as much as I play this game, I thought it would be a great add-on. Even if it was DLC.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #77
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Heck I didn't even think Rex was that bad...
You must be an incredibly patient man in real life. Your tolerance for snarky one liners is second to none.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #78
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
You must be an incredibly patient man in real life. Your tolerance for snarky one liners is second to none.
Or he's actually very good at motivating someone to get better (in order to shut him up); he advertises himself as such:

Rex Hudler - Motivational Speaker

Maybe 20 years from now, guys playing the Show now will fondly remember him as the main reason why they got so much better at baseball video gaming... Karros just doesn't cut it...

We miss you, Rex.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #79
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Tough crowd!

I have been listening to Campbell in this game since 99! I am ready for a change!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #80
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
It would be nice if they could nail the 1080p resolution this year. Last year's game seem to take a performance hit when it was forced to 1080p.
Think it only played in 720p

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »