Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #153
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Not sure I could have sworn I heard similar things last year about franchise logic and such. As is I control whatever I can in franchise to make sure the computer does not do the inevitable foolish things.

Until they or someone on this forum tells me they fixed the retirment thing I am out for 2012. Perhaps 2013 because of Astros move and potential new playoff teams but again if retirment is not fixed I may be out again.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #154
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

[quote=briang
- have the ability to edit multiple players or entire teams at the same time. (ie. being able to edit the cleats of every player on the same team at one time. So if i wanted to have a team have all black cleats I would only have to do one edit.) Have this ability with all things such as sock height, arm bands and wrist bands, batting gloves etc.[/quote]

I have wanted this also anything that can speed-up the C A P
process.

The sliders always start at zero and take forever to get to 99
why not add a slow and fast button. The fast button could save 15 minutes off each C A P and 10 days off 600 created players.

Wish there was a way to transfer all C A P to the next SCEA MLB Game on a flash card or to send the players from the 2011 game to the 2012 game using the INTERNET.

scoot...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 12-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #155
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
I have wanted this also anything that can speed-up the C A P
process.

The sliders always start at zero and take forever to get to 99
why not add a slow and fast button. The fast button could save 15 minutes off each C A P and 10 days off 600 created players.

Wish there was a way to transfer all C A P to the next SCEA MLB Game on a flash card or to send the players from the 2011 game to the 2012 game using the INTERNET.

scoot...
Importing caps
From 11 to 12 would be huge!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #156
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I just realized that this top 10 list is what SCEA focused on this year. Personally, I am disappointed as

1) commentary didn't need some new lines but instead needs a complete overhaul.

2) as stated by many others where is the rain delays and rain outs option that was promised last year?

They don't listen as this adds stategy for line ups and impacts retractable roofs for those stadiums that have those features.

Looks like MLB 12 The Show will be a pass for me this year as I am not seeing the necessary changes to revive what has become a stale series. (Let the hate posts fly for the ones who cannot handle justified critism). By the way, I have purchased every Show to date and have yet to make it all 162 games without becoming bored.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #157
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I just realized that this top 10 list is what SCEA focused on this year. Personally, I am disappointed as

1) commentary didn't need some new lines but instead needs a complete overhaul.

2) as stated by many others where is the rain delays and rain outs option that was promised last year?

They don't listen as this adds stategy for line ups and impacts retractable roofs for those stadiums that have those features.

Looks like MLB 12 The Show will be a pass for me this year as I am not seeing the necessary changes to revive what has become a stale series. (Let the hate posts fly for the ones who cannot handle justified critism). By the way, I have purchased every Show to date and have yet to make it all 162 games without becoming bored.
They never promised rain delays or rain outs last year.
As a matter of fact they made it a point to say they were NOT adding delays or make up games right from the get go.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #158
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

The term "next year" was used for "possible" rain delays. Next year is now here and it comes as a complete shock they have no interest in ever adding this feature to the game.

The weather affects real baseball so why is it continually left out for other non interesting additions that will only be removed the following year?

Too many similarities to how NCAA and Madden's franchise went. Same commentary, too much emphasis on things that do not add to the realism of the sport.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #159
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

My point is that everyone else got their headband and Nike shoes additions with the sparkley glitter strings, so how about showing the other 5 of us some love and give us a "working weather" option so that we can strategize more like other games such as F1 2011 or even back in the MVP days?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #160
Banned

FreezeTime's Arena

OVR: 7

They need to improve the load times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »