Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Show 11 is one of the best baseball games of all time. But I'm a baseball nerd, so I have suggestions anyway.

1) There should be analogue controls still in online play. It's one of the best things about the game, but not having it takes away from online mode.

2) Fifa 11 had a "personality trait" engine for players which could be neat for The Show.

For example: BJ Upton - Inconsisentent
Brian Wilson - Flamboyant
Tim Hudson - never stops battling
Jeter - clutch

3) Diving catches in the outfield shouldn't be impossible, but they are. They should be hard, but they're seriously almost impossible unless the player is a premium defender. But in reality, Melky Cabrera or Eric Hinske lay out successfully a few times a year.

4) Outfielders get stuck in animations when they're interacting with the wall. This effects gameplay sometimes.

5) There are never player collisions. There should be.

6) If a line drive hits a pitcher in the face, he should be injured. Inversely, pitchers shouldn't be hit with line drives so often.

7) Sometimes outfielders should slam into the wall when they make an amazing catch. We should be left wondering "is he ok? will he stay down? did he hold on to the ball?".

8) It doesn't seem like injuries actually result from plays on The Show 11. For example, if a runner goes in hard to second to break up a double play, sometimes a middle infielder gets hurt. Instead, a window pops up saying a player is injured but nothing noticeable happened.

9) In Franchise mode, it is irritating to have to constantly toggle training assignments. There's no way to know how often you should change them. Moreover, it seems that changing them never leads to player improvement, but not changing them leads to a decline in ability.

10) I LOVE the Show. But the lighting engine in the 2K series looks b@d@ss. Maybe take notes?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #74
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

After 5 years of playing The Show I have to agree that it's time for entirely new dynamic commentary with FOX or MLB Network broadcast presentation and stat overlays to make MLB 12 really feel like a whole new game
Old 10-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #75
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Honestly, if you guys are expecting Matt Vasgersian to be replaced, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #76
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Honestly, if you guys are expecting Matt Vasgersian to be replaced, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, I don't necessarily think changing who is talking will make the difference, but maybe how their talking. Sure, changing announcers will make everything seem fresh, but in a couple years we'll be right back to where we are now. I think it's more important to work on how the announcers interact with eachother and the flow of the commentary. I would rather hear two good commentators who work well together, then have 3, with two of them just giving one-liners.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #77
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Yeah, I don't necessarily think changing who is talking will make the difference, but maybe how their talking. Sure, changing announcers will make everything seem fresh, but in a couple years we'll be right back to where we are now. I think it's more important to work on how the announcers interact with eachother and the flow of the commentary. I would rather hear two good commentators who work well together, then have 3, with two of them just giving one-liners.

Yes, I agree.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 10-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 13

I don't mind the current announcers i just wish they'd do a little less talking. They go on and on like it was a radio broadcast not a tv one.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #79
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I was playing a game today and thought the same thing. Vasgersian, Karros and even Campbell aren't bad they just don't ever "talk".
Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #80
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
I don't mind the current announcers i just wish they'd do a little less talking. They go on and on like it was a radio broadcast not a tv one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
I was playing a game today and thought the same thing. Vasgersian, Karros and even Campbell aren't bad they just don't ever "talk".
lol, really?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »