Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #57
Rookie

rjackson17's Arena

OVR: 3
We need more umpires for the World Series! Please keep the Classic Mode! We need more and different umpires for the Regular Season Mode and Franchise Mode! We need The Weather Channel to be involved! We need some rainouts! We need some live playing score while we are playing a different team or real time score on the out of down scoreboard!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #58
Rookie

FunkeyMonkey's Arena

OVR: 2
I agree with most of the comments in this article, but the one i agree with most is the expansion idea. I would love to start my own franchise and have an expansion draft with the rosters like Knight's that are out there
Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #59
Rookie

wcwecw75's Arena

OVR: 0
what would be really kool is to have in the allstar game have each player on each team wear the uniform of the team they play for, if its played at a national league park the american league players would wear the road uniform of there individule team and vice versa. have the option of playing with roof closed or open at parks like rogers center,minute maide patk etc! have a feature were you can play a game in real time weather of that paticular city,like they do in ncaa football, the weather channel thing! also have dynamic weather,like during a game its starts raining or it might be partly sunny and then really cloud up! have patches on the uniforms for the world series and allstar games,add more real minor league stadiums and real team spring training sites,have a weekly recap show of all the weeks action and even have pre and post game shows! in franchise mode when a player is injured you can send the player on a rehab assingment in the minor leagues before they come back to the big league team!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #60
Rookie

For me the individual baeball games are good. The commentary could use some new dialouge, but I dont hate it.

How about they actually fix the franchise issues from that last two games? The 2014 glitch makes any franchise totally worthless after 4 seasons. You cant trade with any team because they are broke, an all star team is on the free agent list, first year players make 8 million, its just a total mess.

For me, Im tired of the gimmicks they market in commercials every year. 2010 was the "be the catcher" thing, last year was the new pitching and hitting controls. I dont care about that, I just want the game to be playable longer than 3 seasons of franchise. IMO, too much focus is on gimmicks versus making the game as true to baseball as possible.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduke
Two things I'd love see addressed:

1. Would love to download a roster and start a season without the rosters and lineups being scrambled all to heck. I know there's a work around for it (and it's a nuisance) but why does there have to be? if you enable roster control you should have it

2. Noticeable differences in fielding abilities. I honestly can't see the difference between the abilities of a gold glover and an average fielder in this game
Quite often mediocre fielders make plays like gold glovers and vice versa--with auto fielding On.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #62
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
How about not having the first batter hit a ball that rolls under the center field fence. After skipping 10 and 11 because 09 did not seem as buggy, I hope the quality control is better for MLB 12. I love the series, but seeing that ball roll under the fence on the first at bat crushed me last spring.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
How about not having the first batter hit a ball that rolls under the center field fence. After skipping 10 and 11 because 09 did not seem as buggy, I hope the quality control is better for MLB 12. I love the series, but seeing that ball roll under the fence on the first at bat crushed me last spring.
Same goes for me, skipped 10 & 11, even though for different reasons.

If most of the things in the list make it to the game, it's going to be almost perfect.

- new commentary
- all around presentation
- more and even more stat overlays (!!!) i.e. if you play franchise...and at some point it should be like in real baseball when Adrian Gonzalez is leading the league in BA it shows up above his BA-stat BA .355 (#1 in AL)
- baseball-tonight, daily/weekly (nfl 2k had it back then)
- more hit-variety
- more sliders
- base-running/stealing improved (like the article mentioned)
Old 10-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #64
Banned

i would be SO happy if the pickoff system was improved i feel like i can't even take an extra step without getting picked off sometimes

as someonne
brought up WHERES THE RAINOUTS!?!!?!?
there needs to be
-delayed start time
-mid-game delay
-double-headers
this would definetly make the game more realistic and is the one thing ive never like about the show

i would love t have a NEW announcing crew
the same lines/voices have been annoyin after 5 years...now i just play on no announcer volume and full crowd stadium etc. volume

IMO mlb 2k6 had the best with morgan/miller

the last thing im pleased to see is create ur franchise,,i loved doing this in madden an will probably give it a shot next year

im looking forward to mlb 12 the show already!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »