Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
A few things:

> More umpire personalities, animations and uniforms (long sleeves in early spring/fall, blazers). This makes the whole pitcher and batter experience more fulfilling.
> Where are the 2 extra umpires in left and right field during the playoffs? Fix this!
> Commentary! 2K11 blew you away, NUFF SAID!
> More control over mound visits and who you want to send; pitching coach or manager and have effectiveness
> I love the working jumbotron but you can't enjoy them if you don't show them enough and the screen cuts off when a homer is hit so you can't enjoy the animation and that goes for K's, walks, etc.

Well now wants to run a franchise when the marlins have a new stadium now I have to wait for '12 bummer! realism people this should have been included somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #42
Rookie

More stats like 2K11 for pitchers and batters up to the plate!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #43
Rookie

I meant long sleeve pull overs and blazers that some umpires like to wear and different masks
Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #44
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Isn't improvement defined as improving what already exists in the game and not adding more fluff, that will more than likely not meet everyone's expectations? Just give me MLB12 and Im happy. Another note, moving here around the first of December AND NO MORE SATELLITE INTERNET
Old 10-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by yount19
Knight would probably agree with me on this request;

How about two player manage only mode?
It would be like any great tabletop or pc text simulation baseball game but on steroids!!!!
yeah, bigtime....and for online play as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjeter02
this game needs one thing its not the commentary, its not the camera angles it needs legend teams like nba 2k12 that would be great who agrees?
definitely...entire classic teams would be great and it is definitely an area that is open for expansion
Old 10-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #47
Rookie

When do we start getting news on the new game?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #48
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilowpe
I've wroten this in April but still what I think about franchise mode

Franchise Mode
In your opinion what needs to be changed, added, or tweaked to make this portion of the game better? Along with that what would you like to see more of?

*** Give us the ability to modify divisions (ie put the Brewers back in the AL Central)
OCTOBER EDIT : or put the Astros in the AL WEST
Yes....and I actually asked for a step further(but I doubt it's happening )...to have the chance every few years(or whenever) to add teams into your league in the off season. A sort of "hybrid" expansion mode. Even if they only allowed us to use existing stadiums in the game as the home stadium....it would be sweet) Hopefully at the very least....Kolbe let's us use a custom league as you can for an online league.

*** Create-a-team which replaces another one (location, name, uniforms)
This would be great, even if it's only at the start of a franchise

*** Create-a-team which would be add to a division which means 31 teams I know (so maybe 1 more team to create 2 conferences with 16 franchises)

*** Create-a-stadium if we create-a-team / Create-a-stadium during our franchise.
This feature should allow us to determine :
#1: the field's dimension (left field, left center field, centerfield, right center field, right field but also foul territory with the ability to "draw" it, the depth behind the plate) and its form (is the outfield is straight (as progressive field) or "curve" (as US Cellular field))
#2: the height of the wall (with different height for different zones of the stadium) (as Citi field) and even the possibility to add high wall like the Green Monster
#3: grass or turf / roof or not
#4: obviously the number of rows/seats (which would be related to budget)
#5: positions of the benches / pen / ...
#6: Decoration (like the fountains in KC)
Would be awesome, but VERY doubtful. It's just too complicated in todays game...especially on a console.

*** Extend players/coaches' contracts during the season
A "must" IMO

*** Firing coaches/scout/staff during the season
A must...period!

*** More stats (players & teams) & more splits stats (batter vs pitcher, performance of a player vs a team, in a particular stadium, month by month,...)
Definitely. I have even asked for a printable stat page...and pretty much any page printable or to be able to dump to an HTML page
*** If possible each player vs player stats during the franchise (which tells us if we perform with a specific player vs a specific player or not)

*** Contracts offered, free agent's type (A/B/ nothing) based also on performance and not only related to ratings
I think we'll eventually see this....maybe a hybrid of both ratings and stats, which would be the best scenario IMO

*** Rename our franchise save data (if you play like me with a lot of save you certainly keep some save @ some moment of the season like AS break end of each month,...)
PREACH ON! I hate guessing which franchise is which!

*** Promotion (cal up/send down) based on performances for each level (AA/AAA/MLB)
Again...I think this will make it's way in...if not sooner than later...again a hybrid
*** Add the possibility to convert players to another position (rather than just editing him)
AND THE CPU TOO!

*** Learn a pitch for a pitcher (rather than just editing him)
Yes!

*** Add a personnality to players (like Madden 10 did) which influences their choices (for instance, what are they looking for first ? Money ? a ring ? coming back to their birthplace ? neglects small market teams ! never play for a rival or a specific team (do you see A-Rod in a BoSox uniform?) / rival players in the future club / clubhouse cancer like Manny ...)
I like it for FA...would add a nice twist

*** Add a personnality to managers (type of line up : pitching, speed & defense, power, small ball,...)
It's on the list I sent Kolbe....editable too please!

*** Add a personnality to GM's too. This means going further than just the rebuilding/normal/playoff profile (what do they want ? Obviously if you ask a GM he wants to win so how could he do it ? First making money and then being a contender ? if so, how? marketing, being aggresive on FA to draw a lot of people to the stadium, ...)
First they must add GM's!....I've asked on my early list!

*** View stats/awards/winner/standings of the past years.
Again yes!

*** Maybe the overlay of the stats could be like baseball-reference

Thx for reading

EDIT :
*** Each stadium created should be shared between players. This allows people to create old stadiums as some did by creating classic rosters.

*** Give the possibility to discuss the retirement of a player, try to convince him to play one more season. If we fail, we should offer him a job in the organisation.

*** I like the TWIB idea. And maybe we could see some higlights of the games we've simulated during the game we are playing (like "live look-in" on MLB)

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »