Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

With the World Series coming to a climax the next two nights (Editors note: or one if my Rangers have their way), you may be thinking that it’s a bit early to start looking forward to next season. But with free agency starting not long after the Classic ends, time will start to fly by. After all, MLB 12: The Show is the next big sports game release.

Here are a few things I think could improve the annual SCEA release.

Read More - MLB 12: The Show Wishlist
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
I'm a big fan of the MLB Today and Vita suggestions. I would seriously consider the Vita if I could play my game on both platforms. Otherwise, I don't see the point when I have enough mobile fun with my phone.

The nice thing about an MLB Today feature is it would eliminate my insistence on playing out the real season in a franchise and trying to follow along with all the moves.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree with everything said here, especially the stand-alone playoff mode. That's a no-brainer and for the life of me can't figure out why this is left out every year.

I love this game and it has lasting appeal. Out of all the games I own this game gets most of my attention. I'm still playing almost daily. But one thing that has bothered me for years is where are the rainouts and rain delays? MVP baseball did this well and that was '04 so I know it can be done. This would add to the realism of the game when you have to adjust your lineups because you're playing a double-header or say the game gets delayed and you have to bring in a new pitcher once the game resumes. Fields like Safeco should open and close the roof during the game or if the weather is bad. Again, MVP did this 7 years ago.

The playoffs and weather are two things that really need to be added to the game.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11
MLB Play Now is all I play when it comes to 2k baseball. It would be a great addition to the Show for sure... I am no longer a franchise guy since I just don't have the time anymore.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool127
I agree with everything said here, especially the stand-alone playoff mode. That's a no-brainer and for the life of me can't figure out why this is left out every year.

I love this game and it has lasting appeal. Out of all the games I own this game gets most of my attention. I'm still playing almost daily. But one thing that has bothered me for years is where are the rainouts and rain delays? MVP baseball did this well and that was '04 so I know it can be done. This would add to the realism of the game when you have to adjust your lineups because you're playing a double-header or say the game gets delayed and you have to bring in a new pitcher once the game resumes. Fields like Safeco should open and close the roof during the game or if the weather is bad. Again, MVP did this 7 years ago.

The playoffs and weather are two things that really need to be added to the game.

I agree with the weather, it would be one thing if weather did not play a factor in the game, but when you have to adjust line ups for late starts or double headers, etc then that adds to the realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
I would never put the game down if they had the ol' All Star Baseball Expansion Mode. It was a blast getting to choose where you are from, stadiums and the such! And I'm not really sure why they took playoff mode out, because I believe they had it in the 2000-2002 part of the series when 989 sports made the game?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm tired of the announcing crew. It's nothing personal, it's just gotten stale. I would actually support a switch.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Rookie

FLEX6276's Arena

OVR: 2
I also agree with everything said especially the Vita compatibility statement. I would love to be able to play my franchise on the go when away from home. Due to the fact there are so many games in Franchise i would love to be able to play all of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »