Home

NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by llatson2
so if nba 2k12 didnt have online play all together then the rating would be higher, right.
If you only play against the AI the game may be great to you.

If you only play for competition against a real person you will be highly disappointed.

Mr. Geez. Players should be able to turn on a dime because that's basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootah66
I love hearing everyone complain, yet I never hear I'm taking this game back. hmmm must be a good game. something to think about
I returned mine last year in January after they left the servers broken.

I won't be buying this year until they fix the servers.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #83
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean
Also, in your review you claim that commentary is amazing. I agree. But for how long?

Can you tell us what happens in the second season? Do they use a generic commentary (so it can make sense) or are they repeating last year's commentary, which doesn't make any sense at all?

Because if the commentary is only good for one year, it's not really a good commentary, is it? I don't want the same amazing commentary the second year, that's impossible. But is there a generic one, which simply describes the action or will we have to hear comments from the first year again?
I was blown away by the commentary at first but after 30 My Player games, I can't help but roll my eye's when I hear the same stories every game.

Doug Collins bringing defense to Philly last year.
Doug Collins dealing with a concussion last year while managing a group of young players.
Philly back in the playoffs last year.
Philly knocked out by the Heat but winning one game on Easter weekend.

They do alot really well like talking about what your players has done in recent games if you had an outstanding performance. While it's way ahead of the garbage in Madden, I don't think the commentary is any better than NHL. It's pretty repetitive.

Someone else said it already, 2K seems to get an easy pass with people over looking any problems the game has while at the same time ignoring what EA does well in their games.

Personally I don't care what name is on the box. What I expect is that what is advertised on the back of the box works. We know Madden has not achieved that and sorry to say, neither has NBA 2K. Like any other game these day's I'll give it 3 months to let them fix their issues. If they can get the servers working properly and somehow give online Association commishioners actual control and also correct the games trade logic, I'll be very happy.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I was blown away by the commentary at first but after 30 My Player games, I can't help but roll my eye's when I hear the same stories every game.
My problem is this: If I can think of a solution (like the generic commentary) which is being used for other sports games, why don't they do it? Isn't it their job to think of it?

Would be it so difficult to offer us amazing commentary for the first season (even if it gets boring) and then offer us generic commentary for the next seasons, with less detail, just for atmosphere sake?

I mean, FIFA and PES offer ONLY generic commentary.

I really don't understand how companies can release games in such a state and get away with it (not talking about commentary but more serious problems).

I mean, they hype us up with all these amazing improvements and at the end most of them do not work. My Player for example is a total disgrace. But reviews og 8 and 9 and 10 are coming in al the same.

Are we really so dumb as consumers? Do we really expect so little, accepting the same problems and unfinished products just to get our fix?

I don't know what to say anymore. I want to play My Player and I know I can't do it unless I wait for patches... Which last year didn't come...

Last edited by Lyvean; 10-11-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0
well im a big fan of my player n when i first played this years 2k my player i was pissed ... because i couldnt do **** i did in 2k11 but i read a comment about 2k12 plays real so u cant do dump passes and get away with it on here so i went home sat and played smart .... thats when the **** got fun lol im killing it man im killing it now ima 6,4 pg avg 30 pts was 20 till i started playing smart 8 assis n 1.5 before 2 reboundss, 1 before... and as far as my team detroit piston but only thin i created my 2 bros and put them on there and made one of them have kobe tendenc and one dewight no their rating isnt high as their but they do have great potential .. so im finally have ing a fun season current record since palying smart 23-10 before 9-10 and oh yeah that legends thing sucks because i wanted to put young kobe on my squad giggty but if anybody knows how to please tell me inbox me idc just tell me n oh yea if u want to go in on a game rather it be 2k or cod look me up on ps3 These_Handz i get it in the name says it all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0
n oh yea trade i put my created players no trade cluase tht works fine but im really pissed about that legends part i wanted to play with young kobe so bad .... damn u 2k
Old 10-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean
My problem is this: If I can think of a solution (like the generic commentary) which is being used for other sports games, why don't they do it? Isn't it their job to think of it?

Would be it so difficult to offer us amazing commentary for the first season (even if it gets boring) and then offer us generic commentary for the next seasons, with less detail, just for atmosphere sake?

I mean, FIFA and PES offer ONLY generic commentary.

I really don't understand how companies can release games in such a state and get away with it (not talking about commentary but more serious problems).

I mean, they hype us up with all these amazing improvements and at the end most of them do not work. My Player for example is a total disgrace. But reviews og 8 and 9 and 10 are coming in al the same.

Are we really so dumb as consumers? Do we really expect so little, accepting the same problems and unfinished products just to get our fix?

I don't know what to say anymore. I want to play My Player and I know I can't do it unless I wait for patches... Which last year didn't come...
Problem is...name one basketball game thats even come close to 2k11, or 2k12. That is why they get a pass. I'm not expecting perfection, but I do expect to play real basketball. IMO thats what 2k12 gives. I don't care about online, but if I did, pretty much every sports games lags online on the PS3. I won't comment about the 360, cause I never play online with it. Regarding the passing, I like it just fine. If they didnt get in the way of some passes, or stop a few fast breaks, this game would be complete cheese, and sliders would be really hard to set to get realistic gameplay IMO. I like that the AI seams skilled.

As far as my player, it wasn't a priority IMO, and was never said to be that I read(maybe I'm wrong). Honestly, they could take it out, and I would never miss it. I think they would be better off making a college game again, and then let you import your player after his last year,etc. Thats a much better option then my player IMO. I'll take legends over my player anyday of the week.

Anyway, nobodys going to agree 100%. I don't see how anyone can slam this game though. For crying out loud, it's such a good series it put EA marketing kings NBA Live series to rest. Think about that. What do you really expect from 2k? Your not going to get a perfect game. This game is a easy classic offline IMO, and I have never seen a classic online sports game from anyone on PS3

Last edited by wheelman990; 10-11-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Problem is...name one basketball game thats even come close to 2k11, or 2k12. That is why they get a pass. I'm not expecting perfection, but I do expect to play real basketball. IMO thats what 2k12 gives. I don't care about online, but if I did, pretty much every sports games lags online on the PS3. I won't comment about the 360, cause I never play online with it. Regarding the passing, I like it just fine. If they didnt get in the way of some passes, or stop a few fast breaks, this game would be complete cheese, and sliders would be really hard to set to get realistic gameplay IMO. I like that the AI seams skilled.

As far as my player, it wasn't a priority IMO, and was never said to be that I read(maybe I'm wrong). Honestly, they could take it out, and I would never miss it. I think they would be better off making a college game again, and then let you import your player after his last year,etc. Thats a much better option then my player IMO. I'll take legends over my player anyday of the week.

Anyway, nobodys going to agree 100%. I don't see how anyone can slam this game though. For crying out loud, it's such a good series it put EA marketing kings NBA Live series to rest. Think about that. What do you really expect from 2k? Your not going to get a perfect game. This game is a easy classic offline IMO, and I have never seen a classic online sports game from anyone on PS3
I understand what you are saying and I agree, to a point. But monopoly isn't a good thing.

And how can you claim that NBA 2K12 offers "real" basketball, when My Player mode is broken? When the teammate A.I. is not good enough? When there are so many glitches?

I mean, we must draw the line somewhere and actually demand a more polished game, especially when these problems happen every year!

We know now that critics everywhere don't play their games enough. That says a lot about the state of sports games in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »